Liz Earle 'Fine Fragrance'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No its not a lot of money. Niche fragrances are usually around the £80+ mark, she has employed a proper nose to create the fragrance.

I thought it was 30mls?

Thanks Donna255. xx im going to buy this fragrance.

Last edited:
Every fragrances does that. Thats why when you test a fragrance on a card you think oh lovely. You try it on your skin and it can turn into something awful. Or even the other way round, don't like the smell on a card but try on your body and its fabulous.

Body chemistry and even your diet or even if you have dry, normal or oily skin can all change out a fragrance reacts with you. Otherwise we would all wear the same fragrance called The Perfume.

Way back in the 1970's Prince Matchabelli(sp) had this fragrance called Catche(sp). The ad went smells different on everyone.

It was Cachet....I loved it but today it would probably be a bit overpowering, On me it used to walk into the room before I did :grin:

DH gave me Mimosa Pour Moi (L'Artisan Parfumeur) for my birthday and i think that was about 50 quid but such a beautiful fragrance. I think I will try the LE before lashing out...Orientals tend to go a bit cats pee on me also currently saving for Un jardin apres la Mousson.

Last edited:
I was sent one of the 2ml samples from Liz Earle's website, and have been wearing it since I got it on Saturday.

It starts very citrussy, fresh and zingy. I initially thought it is a summer scent, then it changes and becomes much more of a warming fragrance. It is not (on my skin) like either the skin tonic or the superskin conc.

It is very long lasting (which many fragrances are not when I use them), I can still smell it on my skin in the evening, after applying it in the morning.

It does not smell like a mass market scent at all in my opinion.

I was sent one of the 2ml samples from Liz Earle's website, and have been wearing it since I got it on Saturday.

It starts very citrussy, fresh and zingy. I initially thought it is a summer scent, then it changes and becomes much more of a warming fragrance. It is not (on my skin) like either the skin tonic or the superskin conc.

It is very long lasting (which many fragrances are not when I use them), I can still smell it on my skin in the evening, after applying it in the morning.

Thanks Pootle. I'm not really a citrusy scent fan so will wait until I can smell it in store before I take the plunge.

It'll be worth the money if it's 50ml and the scent lasts:tongue2:

Hello ladies.
I won a 2ml sample of LE new fragrance in her competition,and tried it this weekend.I have posted my comments in "The Drop ":wave2:

Thank you Pootle, may I ask what fragrances you favour please:?: My signature fragrance is Thierry Muglers Angel, I have pre-ordered the LE as its very reasonably priced, but am curious as to whether it has the STRENGTH of scent I am used to!
MTIA

Could you copy to here for those of us who aren't subscribers?

Well my 2ml sample arrived on Saturday and I have given it a good trial over the weekend.I really wish I could be jumping around saying it's fantastic and fabulous-but it's ok,and VERY subtle.
I'm no Gill Goldsmith so I can't take you into tropical islands etc etc,but here goes.
It does'nt smell of the skin tonic or the superskin concentrate.
When you first spray it you get this whoosh of citrus,probably due to the bergamot & lemon oils in it.
After a while it calms down and you get the whaft of lavender,rose,and the other numerous oils that are in it,with a hint of musk.

This is not a strong smelling fragrance-it's more floral than spicy.BUT the fragrance lasts ALL DAY,and that's after spraying it in the morning.It's not one that enters the room before you and stays there when you have left.

When I first sprayed it on my OH asked "what on earth is that lemony smell",but later on yesterday he said "it was'nt bad" ( men !!! ).I'm pleased that I had the chance to sample this but I am dithering as to whether to buy the full size or not.I know fragrance smells different on everyone,but usually I can tell within a short time if I like something or not-this is taking me much longer to decide,as it changes soo much from the first spray.This has been hard to describe.I don't know if I have been much help to you ladies or not.If I were you I'd use QVC's 30 day MBG ( which you probably will ) or sample it in the Stores.
I wonder what OscarFelixJake thinks about her free sample.
There you go.:flower:

Thanks for your review maykitten - I'm really disappointed it doesn't smell like Instant Boost. Oh well... I wonder if there's anything out there which smells close.....

Thanks Maykitten. I'd say don't buy it, it doesn't matter what the brand is, if it doesn't do it for you straight away it's not worth it. I'm ordering from QVC for that reason - the 30 Day MBG!

Latest posts

Back