Liz Earle 'Fine Fragrance'

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

just bought some LE items in John Lewis, the assistant said the perfume is out on the 16th October, and it didnt smell like the skin tonic, well on her it didnt.

just bought some LE items in John Lewis, the assistant said the perfume is out on the 16th October, and it didnt smell like the skin tonic, well on her it didnt.

Thank you for the update Baileyboo. Wont be long till the 16th....... then we can find out what we all think to the smell.

Thanks Dazzler! I don't normally make a fuss of my birthday but this year I have decided that each birthday is a gift and I'm going to start celebrating being alive rather than worrying about being another year older :happy:

What did it smell like?

she wouldnt say, all part of the surprise/mystery she said. I asked her if it was like the skin tonic, and she said not on her , but it may smell differently on someone else.

she wouldnt say, all part of the surprise/mystery she said. I asked her if it was like the skin tonic, and she said not on her , but it may smell differently on someone else.

Thanks. Looks like we'll have to wait till the 16th. can't wait!!!!

Thanks Dazzler! I don't normally make a fuss of my birthday but this year I have decided that each birthday is a gift and I'm going to start celebrating being alive rather than worrying about being another year older :happy:

Ah! That's a girl after my own heart! I hope you have a fabulous day of celebration. Of course, we want the full report after the event, with all the gory details, please!:happy:

Last edited:
This is the description on the Beauty Bible Blog:

"Upon first spritzing, the citrus freshness (bergamot, mandarin, lemon) is a little like Eau Sauvage, and then the floral notes start wafting around: rose absolute, lavender, geranium (which hint at Houbigant's legendary Quelques Fleurs) The longer it's on your skin, the more you sense the underlying warm woodiness of cedarwood, vetiver, tonka bean and patchouli."

http://beautybibleblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/liz-earle-is-launching-fragrance-and.html

Well that sounds like a proper classic fragrance. With alcohol which is normally used in fragrance as a fixer, it will had depth and lasting powder.

Also vetiver,tonka bean and patchouli will give it an oriental type base. Not the tonic which is light and airy. Eau Sauvage a classic male edt and the Quelques a rich classic floral.

Ah! That's a girl after my own heart! I hope you have a fabulous day of celebration. Of course, we want the full report after the event, with all the gory details, please!:happy:

I hope there is something gory to report :happy:

I'm looking forward to the Liz Earle fragrance too, I don't need an excuse to try a new perfume.

Well that sounds like a proper classic fragrance. With alcohol which is normally used in fragrance as a fixer, it will had depth and lasting powder.

Also vetiver,tonka bean and patchouli will give it an oriental type base. Not the tonic which is light and airy. Eau Sauvage a classic male edt and the Quelques a rich classic floral.

I love Eau Savage and Quelques Fleurs, so it's sounding very tempting at the moment.

When I spoke to the LE SA in JL, she said that the fragrance would smell different on different people, like your own unique fragrance

happy Birthday for the 16th october WIAN xxx

Now remember WIAN, if you're having a party - make sure it's somewhere that Dazzler can find and get to easily cos she doesn't like dark roads in the middle of nowhere!! :wink2:

When I spoke to the LE SA in JL, she said that the fragrance would smell different on different people, like your own unique fragrance

Every fragrances does that. Thats why when you test a fragrance on a card you think oh lovely. You try it on your skin and it can turn into something awful. Or even the other way round, don't like the smell on a card but try on your body and its fabulous.

Body chemistry and even your diet or even if you have dry, normal or oily skin can all change out a fragrance reacts with you. Otherwise we would all wear the same fragrance called The Perfume.

Way back in the 1970's Prince Matchabelli(sp) had this fragrance called Catche(sp). The ad went smells different on everyone.

Pre-order

Hi :talking:
I have pre-ordered mine from Liz Earle. I received an email asking if I would like to pre-order the fragrance and so I did. My OH is buying it for me as part of my Christmas present. Result!
:happy::happy::happy:

I adore anything with patchouli in it so will be a definate for me:heart:

I had the card about the launch of this perfume. I wish they had included some sort of sample with the mailing. £40 is a lot to spend on something in the "hope" that you will like it and it will suit you.

Latest posts

Back