Liz Earle Advent Calendar

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s August for goodness sake… can’t these greedy companies at least wait until September….
Absolutely. Early to mid-August at that! We’ve got the rest of summer, a bank holiday, Halloween, fireworks, and any number of possible family/personal celebrations to get through before Christmas. Speaking of Halloween, I had an email from a toy/craft shop last week, promoting Halloween wares. I can sort of understand why people might want to be planning ahead for something like Christmas, but who needs 12 weeks to get ready for Halloweeen?

I have this week had emails from SpaceNK and Sephora UK to join the waitlist for their Advent Calandars.

I never buy any as I don't use most of the products
It’s August for goodness sake… can’t these greedy companies at least wait until September….
Absolutely. Early to mid-August at that! We’ve got the rest of summer, a bank holiday, Halloween, fireworks, and any number of possible family/personal celebrations to get through before Christmas. Speaking of Halloween, I had an email from a toy/craft shop last week, promoting Halloween wares. I can sort of understand why people might want to be planning ahead for something like Christmas, but who needs 12 weeks to get ready for Halloweeen?
I was in Poundstretcher yesterday and they had their Halloween stuff out…. Ridiculous

I had an email about Halloween and was so astonished that I sent a screenshot to my mum who said it had just been on tv that Harrods had their Christmas window displays up! The world has gone mad.

Yes, well known here supermarkets included have their Christmas stuff out before it is even Halloween.

There is a Northern Ireland shop here in Belfast behind Boots for tourists. About two weeks ago they had a Christmas tree in the window with babbles with Belfast or Northern Ireland on them for the tourists. We do get at least 3 giant cruise ships in every week from March up until December.

Yes, well known here supermarkets included have their Christmas stuff out before it is even Halloween.

There is a Northern Ireland shop here in Belfast behind Boots for tourists. About two weeks ago they had a Christmas tree in the window with babbles with Belfast or Northern Ireland on them for the tourists. We do get at least 3 giant cruise ships in every week from March up until December.
I've been on one of those ships! Or 2 I should say as I loved the cruise so much the first year that I persuaded my parents to come the second year which was almost the same itinerary in reverse. I wouldn't be buying baubles though, I'd leave that to the Americans and the Chinese/Japanese passengers who love to buy tourist tat at every port!

£79 worth £178.

I don’t want to post a link as it shows exactly what’s in it….
Depends on what's in it but personally I don't think that's a particularly great buy for a beauty & skincare accent calendar anyway.

I bought 2 from Look Fantastic last year & they were incredible value. Filled with great quality items too.

It was more than worth the price for the Grande Lash growth full size serum & full size Mac black mascara alone.

Depends on what's in it but personally I don't think that's a particularly great buy for a beauty & skincare accent calendar anyway.

I bought 2 from Look Fantastic last year & they were incredible value. Filled with great quality items too.

It was more than worth the price for the Grande Lash growth full size serum & full size Mac black mascara alone.
I bought the Look Fantastic advent calendar 6 years ago as they were selling them in November with 20% off (£63 instead of £79), and a second one a week or so later because it was so good. I noticed the next year, there was no such reduction because they sold out in early October. Not only were the contents high value, but the calendars themselves were lovely heavy, solid boxes which were going on eBay for £15-£20 empty (people buying to refill & reusethem).

I bought the Look Fantastic advent calendar 6 years ago as they were selling them in November with 20% off (£63 instead of £79), and a second one a week or so later because it was so good. I noticed the next year, there was no such reduction because they sold out in early October. Not only were the contents high value, but the calendars themselves were lovely heavy, solid boxes which were going on eBay for £15-£20 empty (people buying to refill & reusethem).
I’ve just signed up for the Look Fantastic advent pre-order. Not saying I will definitely buy one, but nice to have the option.

Always think the LizEarle one is disappointing as it’s 12 days of Christmas not 24 days like most Advent calendars. Thanks for info I’ll look at the Look Fantastic one.
I see the LF calendar is £100, which is quite a bit more than I have ever paid before for any advent calendar so I’m not sure I will buy it this year. It would be an easier decision if I weren’t already sitting on a big pile of beauty stuff to get through. It’s good value, though, when you consider the contents have an RRP of £565 and the three items they’ve named (which I won’t mention here as I know some like it to be a surprise) alone are worth £120. There are actually 27 items in the 25 advent calendar boxes/drawers, 13 of which are full size. Also consider the price of some of the QVC beauty sets and TSVs now - many creeping closer and closer to the £100 mark, many already well over, and for probably 6 items?

Latest posts

Back