Listen with mother this ain't!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Apologies as I seem to be doing nothing but criticise the presenters at the moment. Must be a good reason to spend time doing this.

Watched Marverine properly for the first time on the Cashmasoft hour. Gush Gush gush and consdescending and patronising. I doubt she means to come over that way, sure she is a genuinely nice person trying to find a way to present, but it is not all beautiful and wonderful, and we are not to be referred to as 'they', we are customers. She is so over the top. I wish her well, but shall not be watching any more.

When I think that lovely Julian was sacked, when they have so many 10th rate presenters on, it is beyond my poor comprehension.

You missed her on NN then Ruthmay, explaining about the very plain bedding doesn't "roar" at you!? :screamingpumpkin:

A friend of mine with good connections told me. There was the remuneration cut and performance management issues. Both had the opportunity to remain, however they declined to accept the terms of those conditions.

Really? How did you get to the bottom of the mystery, Julius?

The classic way of sacking someone - make them an offer so dreadful you know they won't accept. You can then say they left by choice, even though they had no choice if they have any self-respect.

It has to be said this is rumour, Julian has not confirmed this to be the case.

He wouldn't do. Everything involving announcements has to be sanctioned by HR and Communications. They are very draconian. Also it is quite a personal matter relating to a very public role. Therein rest the complications. I will say no more about it. I am currently learning about this sort of thing for my NCTJ exams next year.

He wouldn't do. Everything involving announcements has to be sanctioned by HR and Communications. They are very draconian. Also it is quite a personmatteral relating to a very public role. Therein rest the complications. I will say no more about it. I am currently learning about this sort of thing for my NCTJ exams next year.

You have acknowledged that it is a very personal matter yet have already stated the reason for his departure. I think gossiping about why Julian left is very unfair to him as he has not right of reply if there is a 'gagging' clause in his contract.

I think ST should redact the comments...

He wouldn't do. Everything involving announcements has to be sanctioned by HR and Communications. They are very draconian. Also it is quite a personal matter relating to a very public role. Therein rest the complications. I will say no more about it. I am currently learning about this sort of thing for my NCTJ exams next year.

It would have been better if you had not said what you did in the first place!

You have acknowledged that it is a very personal matter yet have already stated the reason for his departure. I think gossiping about why Julian left is very unfair to him as he has not right of reply if there is a 'gagging' clause in his contract.

I think ST should redact the comments...

JB hasn't Twittered since June but DG retweets every post saying she's missed!

It would have been better if you had not said what you did in the first place!

I don't think you need to worry. Similar speculation, and many other possible scenarios, have already been discussed on Q's FB page - without comment from Q - so this isn't exactly "breaking news". Our budding hack will need to move a lot quicker if he's to get a scoop!

Last edited:
A friend of mine with good connections told me. There was the remuneration cut and performance management issues. Both had the opportunity to remain, however they declined to accept the terms of those conditions.

Shabby way to treat people who have slogged it out with them for years.

I can't comment in the hour Marverine was on because I didn't see it. But I felt the same way when I saw Sara Griffins the other day, she was so rude, interrupted everyone and wouldn't let anyone else get a word in edge-ways. I felt like tearing my hair out just watching her.

I can't comment in the hour Marverine was on because I didn't see it. But I felt the same way when I saw Sara Griffins the other day, she was so rude, interrupted everyone and wouldn't let anyone else get a word in edge-ways. I felt like tearing my hair out just watching her.

I was discussing this topic with a friend yesterday and she was saying the exact same thing about Sara. She also told me Jackie Kabler did not let Simon Wilson get a word in edgeways in his show. This is just their common practice now it seems, as even Ali Keenan talks over people and shouts and I always thought she was a very calm and elegant presenter. I am forever turning the volume down so if people do that it is hardly working as sales technique!!!!! I also think a lot of the interruptions happen because they are so involved with their wretched iPads they do not pay attention to the guests and so do not realise (or care) that they are interrupting them. Perhaps the guests don't mind at all but I think it shows bad manners.

Latest posts

Back