Lisa Snowdon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am fed up with plated this and plated that. I personally would like to see proper gold jewellery at a reasonable price. I used to enjoy the shows that concentrated on one type of stone for the whole hour. Now it seems to be mainly sterling silver plated with gold or platinum. I am becoming very bored with the offerings in the jewellery dept, and don't buy much now. Between the prices of the products and the p&p, I just can't be bothered anymore.

I am fed up with plated this and plated that. I personally would like to see proper gold jewellery at a reasonable price. I used to enjoy the shows that concentrated on one type of stone for the whole hour. Now it seems to be mainly sterling silver plated with gold or platinum. I am becoming very bored with the offerings in the jewellery dept, and don't buy much now. Between the prices of the products and the p&p, I just can't be bothered anymore.

The Q isn't my preferred choice for jewellery, either. I do think the entire jewellery shows/inventory need a major overhaul. I believe the fact that solid gold tsvs are now very few and far between, highlights this.

She co-presents a breakfast radio show on London's Capital Radio & I think she is on Britain's Next Top Model plus she appears in the M&S adverts.

She was replaced on Britains next Top model 3 years ago, to me shes famous because of who she dated which i guess isnt the worse claim to fame as it was Mr clooney lol

Bring back Jill the gold lady - I really liked her shows. Not saying I could afford much but there was a time when it was possible to at least buy something reasonably inexpensive.

i think the price of gold would have one factor in that but there is more to it than just that
Yes, the price of 24 carat gold has gone up, so I can understand the prices of 22 carat gold going up, and a slight lesser increase in the 18 carat gold jewellery and a lot lesser increase in 9 carat gold jewellery. What I cannot understand is why QVC has increased greatly all its gold jewellery, which is mostly 9 carat gold:thinking:
I am sure, QVC buyers can use this argument when buying from the designers.

Remember all the big mail order catalogues....great universal, freemans, littlewoods etc ?
well Lisa Snowden used to be an underwear model in those. It was years ago, GC must have spotted her when he was browsing his catalogue !

Their dalliance lasted longer than the 20weeks of a catalogue payment plan, about 5 years I read somewhere.

Jude xx

I much prefer 9ct gold as I hate the yellow colour of higher carats.Q are obviously trying to keep the prices lower by offering plated ranges ( Liza Snowdon) but the 'diamonds' are inferior so why not put high price items on easypay? I would'nt buy but at least those who did would get a quality item.

I used to like the colour of 14ct gold and Q used to do a lot of it, solid too. Even with Eek. I agree the colour of 9 ct appeals to me more than the more yellow higher carat. I always think it looks cheap if it is more yellow, when in fact the reality is the opposite!

I used to like the colour of 14ct gold and Q used to do a lot of it, solid too. Even with Eek. I agree the colour of 9 ct appeals to me more than the more yellow higher carat. I always think it looks cheap if it is more yellow, when in fact the reality is the opposite!

I know what you mean. I've got a couple of 18ct or 22ct gold items that I've bought overseas, but I hardly ever wear the necklace or bracelet because in the cold grey light of the UK they look very in your face yellow - whereas in the sunny med or middle east they glittered in the sunshine!

Latest posts

Back