Links of London Linked Necklace TSV 01/07/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i have quite a few pieces of clogau and am very happy with all of them, links on the other hand is very poor for their prices.

i like clogau maybe a little too much but its a bit expensive but beautifully crafted, i bought the celebration ring but not sure if i should keep it.:thinking:

surely not as bad as clogau

This was not even comparable with Clogau. I have several Clogau pieces, bought from QVC and Clogau directly. All are top quality, and if this Links piece is representative of the brand, I will not be purchasing from the range again. I bought it, as I thought it would be indicative of a designer jewellery line and was, consequently, extremely disappointed. I shall stick to Clogau. First class, and you get a 2 year warranty with each piece.

I've just looked at the reviews out of curiosity and there seem to be quite a lot of 1 and 2 stars, so it wasn't just my disappointment with it after all then. I think that it is a shame that such a well known brand didn't make better use of their first TSV, I certainly will not be trying it again unless I see it in a jewellery shop.

designer ranges are not just about the weight of metal. its about the finish proportion and execution of a piece. i like dinny hall jewellery. the pieces are quite small but the fiinsh and balance and structure make them beautiful. the jewellery is usually slated when there are reviews online. was the links tsv tiny/lightweight but well finished and balanced when it was on the neck?

designer ranges are not just about the weight of metal. its about the finish proportion and execution of a piece. i like dinny hall jewellery. the pieces are quite small but the fiinsh and balance and structure make them beautiful. the jewellery is usually slated when there are reviews online. was the links tsv tiny/lightweight but well finished and balanced when it was on the neck?
I agree with you in part Boffy that it isn't all about the weight of metal in the piece, I have a few delicate items from what I suppose would be termed designer ranges like Kimberley Selwood, Kit Heath, Thomas Sabo, Swarovski etc which I feel are better made. The chain on the Links TSV seemed too fine to last long without breaking and the clasp was faulty as the lobster claw on it wouldn't open enough to fasten it into the rings on the chain easily. It seemed really light weight and unnoticeable on the neckline, I wasn't expecting it to be big but at the same time I didn't think that I would need to put my glasses on to see it. It's just my opinion at the end of the day, but reading the reviews on the website a others thought the same as me.

On the day I thought this looked pathetic & the comments /reviews seem to confirm this. The OTT gushing about Links of London from guest and presenter were probably trying to cover what they thought to be a poor offer.

On the day I thought this looked pathetic & the comments /reviews seem to confirm this. The OTT gushing about Links of London from guest and presenter were probably trying to cover what they thought to be a poor offer.

SF - glad it was not just me. Knowing their prices for other items I knew that anything in TSV price was not going to be anything like their normal stuff. Nothing in the range floats my boat for the price.

So sorry for those who ordered and are dissappointed - I know the feeling only too well.

I'm very undecided. I like it, but it's definitely not worth £50, let alone the regular price of £85, so I think I'll be sending back. How do you get a postage paid label?

I'm very undecided. I like it, but it's definitely not worth £50, let alone the regular price of £85, so I think I'll be sending back. How do you get a postage paid label?
You could phone the customer services and refer them to the many poor reviews now on the website and tell them how disappointed you were with the necklace. Mine I felt was faulty because the clasp was virtually impossible to fasten, I'd just tell them how disappointed you were when it arrived. I think to some extent it can depend on the person you speak to and if I'm honest, although it shouldn't matter, how much you generally buy from them. I'm waiting for my return label to come.

You could phone the customer services and refer them to the many poor reviews now on the website and tell them how disappointed you were with the necklace. Mine I felt was faulty because the clasp was virtually impossible to fasten, I'd just tell them how disappointed you were when it arrived. I think to some extent it can depend on the person you speak to and if I'm honest, although it shouldn't matter, how much you generally buy from them. I'm waiting for my return label to come.

I felt the same way about the fastening. Tried to like it and have worn it 3 times and now it has broken by the clasp just by trying to do it up.......argh..... rang Customer Services as this is going back. Think I will just stick to my sweetie bracelet

Thanks. I think Links have done their reputation a lot of harm with this - definitely not up to their usual standards and the way it was demonstrated was misleading - no way is it a suitable gift!

I felt the same way about the fastening. Tried to like it and have worn it 3 times and now it has broken by the clasp just by trying to do it up.......argh..... rang Customer Services as this is going back. Think I will just stick to my sweetie bracelet
That's interesting about your clasp DMS, maybe the fact that this TSV was made specially for QVC affected the overall quality and costs were cut to make it a good TSV price compared to their normal range. I know this has been mentioned with some of the Kipling bags just made for QVC. It is disappointing when you have looked forward to receiving something and it's a let down.
My label from Q arrived this morning so it's winging it's way back tomorrow.

From reading the comments on here I feel so sorry for all the people disappointed with this TSV. It does seem like the photo's and presentations were very misleading. Why make something just for QVC and skimp on the quality? Neither QVC or Links have done themselves any favours because people are sending this one back in droves.

Did anyone who ordered this, actually keep it, because they were satisfied with the quality and appearance of the necklace? Hopefully, the Q will learn from this catastrophic disaster. I certainly wasn't expecting a thick chain; my Clogau tree of Life cross is on a thin chain, but the quality is evident. Yes, it was a hugely higher price level but, unlike the Links piece, well worth the money. I have never had anything from Links before and, had I been impressed with this piece, wold probably have been a customer again. If this was indicative of the quality and vfm one can expect from Links, they won't be getting many new customers. The Q and Links ought to have agreed, financially, to use this tsv as a loss leader, as this would have benefitted both companies. Opportunity lost. I also found the same with another designer brand, Dinny Hall; I bought a necklace in the sale from her own website - I think it should have been approx £80 + delivery, and it cost me, including postage, about £21. For the sale price, I still thought it looked cheap, but just imagine paying full price for it. You would be absolutely gutted. I'll stick with Clogau.

clogau in a simliar style if thats possible would cost 6 times the tsv at the normal price. at least. plus the designs of clogau are more based on nature etc. links is a more modern look.

i like my clogau but its a expensive brand. and some of its designs underwealm me too.

I can't believe this. They must have got so many returns - mine went straight back, poor quality, looked cheap and not, as Links depicts itself, a piece from a designer range.

Was this part of their Black Friday offer---- 2 for £20? This TSV looked so poor & turned out to be if the reviews/returns were anything to go by.We are all different in our tastes but I can appreciate quality & value for money even if we don't like the design, but many Links of London (IMO) are so overpriced it is laughable.

Latest posts

Back