Lg tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm giving this a miss too. I've already got the Balance and Brighten foundation and Smashbox Halo (in two colours!) so don't need any more. I agree the colours look dark too.

Well, I've taken the plunge as I think the Light might just be OK on me. I wasn't planning to get a liquid foundation as I've just bought Balance & Brighten and am still using up the last of my Bare Escentuals, but I really like the look of the eyeshadow and the blush and wouldn't mind trying the concealer. I can always send it back if I don't get on with it.

Well, I've taken the plunge as I think the Light might just be OK on me. I wasn't planning to get a liquid foundation as I've just bought Balance & Brighten and am still using up the last of my Bare Escentuals, but I really like the look of the eyeshadow and the blush and wouldn't mind trying the concealer. I can always send it back if I don't get on with it.

And me :54: I have given in as i want to try the concealor and foundation. I figured if it is no good i will send it back.

I definately wont be buying this, it looks far too dark and heavy! I think the models look alot older, cakey and less bright and fresh. I want my make-up to blend in with my skin not to completely take over and look fake.:11:

Have to say, I love B&B and her Baked Eyeshadows, but was just not tempted by the colours and what was in this TSV...

That's the same as the US TSV, then. What a rdidculous range - according to the colours I've found on screen, "Light" is really light and "medium" is pretty dark. They do the foundation in "fair" too, which would be a much better option for many people, me included. I don't think I'll be buying this, unless the colours look better on screen than in the pictures I've seen :(

I've ordered the TSV in medium but it looks really 'yellow' on screen while the 'light' seems too chalky. I agree that the medium looks rather dark. Just have to wait and see when it arrives, I guess.

I too ordered the medium, I dont know why though as I use mineral makeup or B+B. Taken in with the hype I guess.:33:

I'm also similar to Amanda in colouring (and I'm an American who could give a Brit a good run for their money in the paleness department!) and I just think if a professional like Laura Geller can make her look so horrible, what on earth am I going to look like if I try to do it myself! :11:

You're going to look like me - a custard pie face! :1:
After reading this thread and seeing that everyone thinks the same as me, I wish I hadn't bothered now. I think it's the only time I've seen the models look WORSE after their make-overs.

...and if that concealer really is as tacky as LG says it is, we're gonna *feel* like we've had a custard-pie stuck in our face, too...

I waited up till midnight but really didnt like the colour of the foudation and i have so much make-up that i realized i dont bleedy need anymore
Saying that depends how good Smashbox is lol

Must say this TSV has'nt tempted me one bit,much prefer her baked collections,and why are the lipsticks always dark colours.The models just looked a bit "muddy" in the demonstrations.You can tell I'm disappointed:( looking forward to Smashbox.

I've gone for 2 light sets - one for DD and one for me. We're both after new foundations so we'll just see how it behaves when we get it. To be honest, I haven't found any of LG's items poor in the TSV's or any of the sets I've bought so going for this TSV is more an act of faith and fingers crossed.
I do appreciate everyones comments about this tsv but I'm going to see for myself.
(and it was too late to cancel as the CS rep said it had already been picked in the warehouse) :54:

Hope you love the TSV when it arrives, I have never found any LG items poor either but just don't think this is one for me as the colours look too dark apart from the eyeshadow. I will look forward to feedback when people have had chance to try it.

Donna, i think that this range demonstrates how much the US QVC dominates the British QVC. LG make up may go down a storm in the USA because of all of the different nationalities who have a lot of Hispanic and Latin complexions. Its fantastic for Asian and Black skin tones here but it does annoy me when people like Laura come out with labels like Hispanic and African American skin tones as if by a script. Black women in the uk are not African Americans and i was watching this with a friend of mine who is English but who`s parents are from Barbados. She said why do they sell this kit to British women and say that it would suit Hispanics and African Americans ? How many Hispanics and African Americans live in the UK ?
The lippy in this TSV is not suitable for many people and LG has not done her research very well here as the new shades for Autumn / Winter are chocolate and caramel tones . Most of the concealer looks more or less like a higher pigment version of the foundation and LG said that not everyone wants a light reflecting concealer . Actually, not everyone wants to looked caked in slap that looks like they have been drinking too much Tango.
I am really unimpressed with this brand and her hype .

QVC appear to have held the TSV price of £33.88, although it's now showing as a 'Special Price'. Would that indicate low sales yesterday?

OFJ I hope you'll be pleasantly surprised by the foundation; I tried it a couple of years ago and it was very nice, the light suited my skin perfectly. I've just fast forward thru a few of yesterday's shows and I'm amazed how badly applied it looked on the models. I used a foundation brush (smashbox or pout) usually but even with fingertips it was far smoother to apply and blended easily.
I ordered the light option because I tend to wear liquid foundation in the winter, (blotchy corned-beef face). The difference is, I'd use a loose powder to "set" it before applying any colour to my cheeks (I know I'm v "old school")

All colour options still in stock which must be a record for a LG TSV.

Jude xx

I really wanted to try the concealer (horrible dark circles which need covering), but wasn't fussed about the rest of this kit. I think I'll wait to see more reviews and if they're better than the ones it got in the US I might get the concealer on it's own. I'm hoping that it may eventually come out in Fair too - even the light looked kind of dark to me.

Latest posts

Back