Lg tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really was not particularly tempted by this TSV, but I thought I'd check the QVC web site this morning to have a look at the demonstration. Well, once again, no video link is available for the TSV :)mad:this seems to be happening a lot lately!), but your - as ever - informative post mean my mind is made up alreasdy: bring on the Smashbox TSV!!:D

I've just watched this morning and ... yuk ... really disappointed. The girls looked caked and older - I don't need anything that makes me look older. Lipstick looked dark and overpowering.
I saw Tara taking off her make-up with Gatineau, which I assume was after the LG make up, and it had certainly been plastered on.
If that concealer does all purported to do (cover tattoos etc.) then I'd have thought it would have been a stand alone item for special purpose, not in a general make-over kit.
The before and after photos are definitely odd.
Looking forward to Smashbox :1:

It seems that all the before pictures are washed out..I wonder if it is to make the models look so much better in the after? Well, IMHO they often don't!
It's not just LG who for some reason doesn't put the lightest shades in UK kits, many others don't as well. Philosophy do a brill Supernatural Airbrushed mineral foundation, in the US they get porcelain and sand as lighter colours when we get natural as the lightest. The porcelain is FAB by the way and i use LG B&B fair. Had to get it from the US, though.
I put the LG TSV on cheque hold, but I think I will cancel..I also thought the lippie colour was wrong for the lighter shade models - mo of course!

I ordered this online before seeing it fully demo'd as I had been working late and couldn't keep my eyes open.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda looked like Ronald McDonald,and they all looked jaundiced!
It will be going back I'm sure...a waste of postage again.
I loved the last LG TSV and expected more of the same.
D-I-S-A-P-P-O-I-N-T-E-D :31::11::33:

I ordered this online before seeing it fully demo'd as I had been working late and couldn't keep my eyes open.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Amanda looked like Ronald McDonald,and they all looked jaundiced!
It will be going back I'm sure...a waste of postage again.
I loved the last LG TSV and expected more of the same.
D-I-S-A-P-P-O-I-N-T-E-D :31::11::33:

I think there are a few of us feeling exactly the same!

For some reason Laura used Medium on Amanda, i thought she would of been light :33: I am quite tempted my the concealor but not the rest of the kit. I don't wan't to look like this pumpkin:43:

I'm disappointed too :( I really only want the blush n brighten and the lipstick from the kit and nothing else, I don't want a faffy bottle of foundation! So I think my money is safe today which is a shame as I was looking forward to spending a little of the money I'd saved. I still need some more spackle and a new lippy so I might hang on and see what I can pick up.

I'm disappointed too :( I really only want the blush n brighten and the lipstick from the kit and nothing else, I don't want a faffy bottle of foundation! So I think my money is safe today which is a shame as I was looking forward to spending a little of the money I'd saved. I still need some more spackle and a new lippy so I might hang on and see what I can pick up.

They had the large spackle on last night CG for £15, did you see that?

I too ordered before the demos... I went for the light shade.

I will be keeping the packaging, and will probably send it back if at all disappointed.

Too dark for all the English Roses!

I have gone for the medium and reserving judgement until I have tried it.
I am ok as I have a light olive complexion but my Mum is a real peaches
and cream English rose and I dont think even LG's fair would be suitable.The foundation needs to lean more to a cool hint of pink tone and not the yellowy.

I have to conclude that LG creates makeup for herself because her colours best suit those with an olive complexion. Also maybe they dont have any peaches and cream complexioned Americans over the pond!!! Beats me:33:

I have been looking for a decent concealer so lets hope this fits the bill. I also liked the look of the blushes. Not too orangey. The brushes are a bonus. Her brushes are good.

And, boy does she slap it on those poor girls. I find LG makeup is good quality but I only put foundation or concealer where I need. Foundation brushes are the business and I would not be without mine. I dont want to scare myself or anyone else for that matter with too much slap!:11:

Well on a positive note,the concealer seems to do the job as Amanda had some stonking huge spots on her chin and it certainly covered them!

I've ordered it in light - I just adore the LG baked collections and haven't found nicer blushes/all-over face colours as nice as them. I am a HUGE Bare Escentuals fan, but I still prefer the LG baked collection.

I don't have a concealer at the moment, so am open to try this new one. Hope it will cover the dark under-eye look I am starting to get!!!:11:

Also, I will be on holiday when the Smashbox TSV is on, so thought I'd try this for a change. Already have the Halo powder, so if that's in the TSV I haven't really lost out!!

It's certainly not for me! The last LG TSV collection was far too dark for me and this look even darker!! I'll be holding out for the Smashbox!! :eek:)

Em xXx

Not for me this time - just as well really as I DONT need anymore makeup - would have bought for my pressie stash but this TSV is not great IMHO.
Save £ for Smashbox.
X

The make up on the models on the 11 o'clock hour is much lighter than on the launch show. If the TSV had the B&B I'd have weakened by now but I've given up on liquid foundations.

The make up on the models on the 11 o'clock hour is much lighter than on the launch show. If the TSV had the B&B I'd have weakened by now but I've given up on liquid foundations.

I think they have toned them down,they must be reading our views. What annoys me is that Chrissie was already made up before the demo started and then Laura touches up lightly:33:

Slightly off topic but I was surprised to see Chrissie with forehead lines, never seen those on her before, botox ban? I thought all the models looked nothing like their normal selves, the before photos are really awful and the make up doesn't flatter them either. I know they look lovely normally and did Amanda have to cultivate those spots specially to show the concealer off? She's a trouper showing those off although we all get them.

I was put off by the orange looking models when I watched this morning. I don't want to go back to liquid foundation being a 100% convert to Bare Escentuals. I do like LG's Balance & Brighten but her colours often come out rather strong for me. Glad I've been able to save myself some money for once!

Latest posts

Back