Let it go Kathy

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is only because I am off work and she seems to be doing different slots that I have heard all this, so what the heck must viewers to her morning show have had to put up with all these weeks.

Even CS on the last FU show never shut up about it and showing photos.

It's the TOTAL QVC aspect of the whole thing which doesn't sit well with me. Imagine your mum working in Sainsburys and wearing TU outfit and doing all the table settings out of the store etc. and then having photos at every checkout operator and getting then to show them to every customer.

It is only because I am off work and she seems to be doing different slots that I have heard all this, so what the heck must viewers to her morning show have had to put up with all these weeks.

Even CS on the last FU show never shut up about it and showing photos.

It's the TOTAL QVC aspect of the whole thing which doesn't sit well with me. Imagine your mum working in Sainsburys and wearing TU outfit and doing all the table settings out of the store etc. and then having photos at every checkout operator and getting then to show them to every customer.

No expense spared on this wedding.

I think QVC see it as a whole new way of securing a lot of sizeable purchases and possibly securing a new audience. Lets face it many people spend a huge amount of money of weddings those that have the biggest budgets are those young brides whose parents are stumping up a big pot possibly with a mother already a QVC customer. If mum is paying then the young bride is more likely to entertain Mum's recommendations or at least humor her by watching and possibly get sucked in herself.

Also gay and lesbians couples who are a large percentage of those getting married presently often have bigger budgets and may be particularly taken by some of the kitch/camp products that QVC 'make their own'.

Alison Keenan represented all those more mature couples getting remarried which is another large group and at an age where money may more easily be prioritised on a wedding. Some may have been influenced by Alisons chin wagging to spend a sizeable amount of their wedding budget at QVC. Some may have been influenced to get married carried away by the romance of it all when it was something on the back burner previously or not even a consideration. Some already married couples who married young and on the cheap may even decide to renew their vows now they can afford a QVC wedding themselves.

Weddings are a lucrative industry and QVC want a part of it. Let's face it a lot of QVC audience pretty much have everything they need already, a wedding would be an excellent way of getting many to part with a huge percentage of their savings.

I know I'm bucking the trend but I thought Kathy looked a bugger in the cape/fur band ensemble!!

She's a very attractive woman but I'm not sure what possessed her to wear a QVC TSV for her daughters big day.

I know I'm bucking the trend but I thought Kathy looked a bugger in the cape/fur band ensemble!!

She's a very attractive woman but I'm not sure what possessed her to wear a QVC TSV for her daughters big day.

If I was to hazard a guess as to what possessed her to be dressed in head to toe QVC tat for her daughters wedding it would be one word..........freebies.

If I were organising a wedding then QVC would be the last place I`d look for inspiration. I know they get staff discount and possibly freebies, especially if they " advertise " certain goods via the backdoor in their blogs and photos but very little of Q`s clothes or other stuff screams wedding.
I`m waiting for the pics of someone attending a wedding in a Quacker top .....

I doubt freebies would be enough incentive. I reckon a lucrative addition to the contract or maybe who knows its how they keep there job by selling their personal lives to QVC.

Who do you know that would theme their personal lives around their jobs?

I think everyone has heard and seen all there is to hear and see about that wedding, mind I did hear something today that was news to me ..Kathy said they have got twelve bottles of red wine left over from the event. I watch less and less QVC every day, it is getting like a soap opera....

Yes it was, we have been told by all and sundry at every available opportunity that the cape was the Frank Usher TSV from a week or 2 ago, the headband also FU, a Join dress and B&W jewellery. Probably a Kiplng bag somewhere too if truth be known.

Everything else was also QVC, if you look at her blog you will get every detail, that is if you haven't heard it again, and again and again

And Spanx?

phew, I thought it was just me that winced when I saw her outfit! Her face and hair were lovely, but the outfit looked like she was hiding a huge body- which she doesn't have. just looked like a shapeless tent imo. I also hated the headband/hat thing which ruined her otherwise lovely hair. Wonder if she wore the stuff then returned it under the 30 day 😜 and all the Bethlehem lights !

Hold on to your (wedding) hats folks!

DBF has just announced that HER daughter is thinking of tying the knot. Now we know that her entire outfit to her son's wedding was courtesy (Anthony to be precise) of Q so just imagine for a daughter! Clearance might finally get cleared.

As soon as our Sophie names the day I'm leaving the country for a few years!

I think it was a fur head band rather than a hat as such (well from the umpteen times it was mentioned)
I agree she did look well (but would you wear you work "uniform" as mother of the bride??

Yes I'm really sure she was delighted with one and all but IMO all that Q product endorsement at every opportunity smacked of Anthea Turners chocolate bar wedding.

And anyway enough is enough, she is there to do a job and it's not as if she is the most on the ball presenter who can afford to be distracted.

Good point, she IS easily distracted and flummoxed, and therefore needs to concentrate that bit harder to stay on the ball. I've seen her fluff a lot of information and have to backtrack, and as I only watch occasionally I can't be the only one. I have no problem with her, apart from her continually harping on about her daughter, which gets boring when you've heard the same things so many times, I think she has such a pretty face and smile, and comes across as one of the less egotistical of the bunch.

Hold on to your (wedding) hats folks!

DBF has just announced that HER daughter is thinking of tying the knot. Now we know that her entire outfit to her son's wedding was courtesy (Anthony to be precise) of Q so just imagine for a daughter! Clearance might finally get cleared.

As soon as our Sophie names the day I'm leaving the country for a few years!

Well it could be a blessing in disguise. It may mean Del Boy will invest in some new white, peep toe, slingback wedges and a new pair of semi opaque white leggings. She`s been wearing the current ones for years !

When will all this end? Actually, I'll answer that myself - it won't. It seems any member of staff can have any event at a knock-down price as long as they agree to rabbit on and on about the wedding/birth/christening/whatever and the wonderful QVC products they had, in the forlorn hope that I'm marginally interested, will feel part of their family and will therefore buy more.

Chance would be a fine thing. Just get on with showing the products.

I have never been to a wedding that had afternoon tea as the meal:thinking:

Yep I have. When my niece got married we had afternoon tea, cakes, scones, sandwiches etc and then in the evening it was bacon or sausage baps. There was only around 20 of us including the bride and groom, it was a second marriage for both and they wanted it small and informal.

I have never been to a wedding that had afternoon tea as the meal:thinking:

My son and daughter in law got married last year in a Tudor tower on the edge of the sea. There was afternoon tea (and champagne!) served after the ceremony with beautiful delicate china all in mixed patterns and designs, pots of tea and home made cakes which all the guests contributed. It made it so personal and special. In the evening there was a hog roast and a good old knees up, we had a wonderful day!! I really like that Kathy's daughter had her reception in the local community hall rather than at a posh hotel, from the photos it looks like they made it really beautiful.

My son and daughter in law got married last year in a Tudor tower on the edge of the sea. There was afternoon tea (and champagne!) served after the ceremony with beautiful delicate china all in mixed patterns and designs, pots of tea and home made cakes which all the guests contributed. It made it so personal and special. In the evening there was a hog roast and a good old knees up, we had a wonderful day!! .

What a lovely idea. I much prefer smaller gatherings with personal ideas like that, rather than massive do's in big hotels/stately homes, people disperse around the building/grounds and there's hardly any atmosphere left in the main area where the evening buffet/disco is.

Latest posts

Back