Lenovo Yoga TSV 02/04/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok
Now I know I am losing the plot I clicked on the link expecting exercise clothes!!
Not yet another PC/tablet.

Lenovo Yoga 500 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop with Intel Core i3 4GB RAM & 1TB HDD
Item Number: 508140
QVC Price £463.00
Today's Special Value Price £399.96
P&P: £9.95

This versatile, convertible laptop features a 360 degree flip design, allowing you to rotate from laptop mode through to tablet mode seamlessly; with a powerful Intel Core i3 processor, 4GB RAM, a 10-point multi-touch screen and a substantial 1TB hard drive for all your pictures, music and more. Portable and perfect for everyday use, the Yoga 500 from Lenovo is the easy way to work and play on the go.

Multimode design - with the Yoga 500, you can easily switch between four modes to suit your needs. It's designed to rotate through 360 degrees, so you can use it in laptop, tent, stand and tablet modes.

Great for on-the-go - thanks to its portable, lightweight design, the Yoga 500 is incredibly easy to take with you wherever you're headed. It measures just 24mm when closed and weighs a mere 2.1kg, plus it boasts up to 5 hours of battery life, so you can go all day without charging.

Intel processing - powered by an Intel Core i3 processor and 4GB of RAM, the Yoga 500 is ready to handle all of your everyday computing needs, and can multitask between several open applications with ease.

Multimedia experience - the Yoga 500 features an HD touch screen that will deliver bright visuals for outstanding performance, while the stereo speakers and Dolby DS1.0 certification deliver excellent audio. So whether you're listening to an audiobook or watching a blockbuster movie, the experience will be a superb one.

Plenty of storage - thanks to a large integrated 1TB hard drive, the Yoga 500 has lots of room to store vast amounts of documents, videos, music and other files.

Intuitive software - Yoga Harmony software learns from the way you use your Yoga 500 to optimise settings, providing shortcuts to your favourite apps and recommending new apps to try, so you get more from your laptop.

Great connectivity - the integrated HD webcam and built-in mic make video calls easy, plus the multi-in 1 card reader is ideal for photos and other content. A USB 3.0 port makes transferring data simple, and with the HDMI connection you can connect to a big screen TV to show true 1080p resolution and enjoy a superb cinematic experience (1080p TV required and HDMI cable not included).

10-Point Multi-touch HD Display - use simple, intuitive gestures; scroll, zoom, and rotate - optimized for Windows 10
An ergonomically designed AccuType keyboard with a backlight for ease of use in low-light conditions
Integrated stereo speakers deliver rich Dolby Digital sound, ideal for movies and music
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-enabled

What’s in the box?

Lenovo Yoga 500 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop
AC power adapter and power cable
User documentation

Colours available:

Black
White

Technical specifications:

Operating system: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Processor: Intel Core i3-5005u Dual Core (3M Cache, 2.0GHz)
Memory (RAM): 4GB
Hard drive: 1TB
Graphics: Intel HD Shared Graphics
Screen size: 15.6"
Touchscreen: 10 Point Multi-Touch
Screen resolution: HD 1366 x 768 anti-glare
Wireless networking: Wi-Fi- 802.11ac
Ethernet: Gigabit
Bluetooth Enabled: 4.0
Camera (front-facing): 720p HD
Sound: Dolby audio
Keyboard: AccuType keyboard with Multi gesture trackpad
Battery life: up to 5 hours (depending on use)
Software included: Lenovo OneKey Recovery, Lenovo Companion 3.0, Lenovo Photo Master 2.0, Lenovo SHAREit, Lenovo REACHit, McAfee LiveSafe
Dimensions (h x w x d): 2.15cm x 34cm x 23.5cm (0.8" x 13.3" x 9.25")
Weight: 2.1kg

Input/output:

2 x USB 3.0
1 x USB 2.0
4-in-1 card reader (SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC)
3.5mm jack
1 x HDMI
1 x RJ-45
Microphone

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.508140

I am dubious about purchasing tech from QVC, they are always stating compare like for like, which is good thing to do. I have a feeling however that this was either put together specifically for QVC or was stock that Lenovo decided not to bring to the general market, if you notice there isn't a 'serial number' as there is on tech that is available elsewhere. I can't find the exact spec anywhere. Now this maybe ok for something like jewellery or fashion and have as an 'exclusive' but for tech, I would be a tad dubious, because if something did go wrong under the warranty and it is a 'special build' one then Lenovo may not accept to mend it (I know it should be Q, but there after-sales Customer Service ain't exactly known to be the best in the business), it is therefore making me wonder how they managed to get this deal. I am not saying that lenovo as a brand is bad, indeed I am using a lenovo laptop to type this and I also have a yoga, but this one I would be cautious. Plus it is not full HD and given the screen size it would seem even more pixelated.

I am dubious about purchasing tech from QVC, they are always stating compare like for like, which is good thing to do. I have a feeling however that this was either put together specifically for QVC or was stock that Lenovo decided not to bring to the general market, if you notice there isn't a 'serial number' as there is on tech that is available elsewhere. I can't find the exact spec anywhere. .......

Craig actually said something along these lines himself, something like 'we couldn't actually find this exact spec ourselves', (well, you wouldn't would you, if it was put together especially for QVC, you little twerp!)......whilst at the same time urging us to compare 'like for like'!

:mysmilie_503:

Bets on how long it takes Lee to mention either the mothership or his own mother?

He did says he'd be able to do everything he wanted to on the sub £400 Lenovo (including Digital Editing) which is cool as there's clearly no need for me to spend almost £2k on one of his 'Motherships' then :mysmilie_59:

I don't mind watching Lee when the item he's selling hasn't got any 'added value' tripe for him to concentrate on like he did with the over 2 years old iPhone 5S which astonishingly they want £355.87 for delivered. You can get the brand new iPhone SE direct from Apple for £359.99 delivered.

Otherwise I just turn over as I know what to expect :mysmilie_59:

I'm looking for a new lap top so paying attention but still not convinced.Lee advised checking like for like but then said he hasn't been able to find it anywhere, inferring this is a very good deal. hmmm not sure.I don't need to be able to use it as a tablet,I have my I pad.

I'm looking for a new lap top so paying attention but still not convinced.Lee advised checking like for like but then said he hasn't been able to find it anywhere, inferring this is a very good deal. hmmm not sure.I don't need to be able to use it as a tablet,I have my I pad.

It's spurious nonsense for them to suggest 'you can use it like a tablet'. It has a touch screen, sure, but it weighs 2.1kg so it cannot be used 'like a tablet'.

It's a 2.1kg Laptop with a near 16" Swivel Touch Screen, end of. To that end it looked fine, and I think for a decent price.

It weighs 3 times more than the massive 12.9" iPad Pro, 3 times more! :mysmilie_59:

On the demo I saw, the keyboard did not seem to fold fully into the tablet format, it looked a bit awkward and at a slight angle.

In which case, it may not be so easy to use in tablet mode.

Lenovo as a brand is good, but I would veer away from purchasing this particular lenovo. For a start would you really want a 'tablet' that size, which is not full HD and given the fact it is only 4gb or ram again for the price the specs are not really worth it. I would look at purchasing it from a catalogue (12 month interest free) or high street catalogue shop. This TSV I would steer clear from.

Spot the difference

These pictures show the white option and the black option of today's TSV.

image.jpg

image.jpg

You couldn't make it up !!!

The 10 year old photographer strikes again.

Latest posts

Back