Leighton Denny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You can't blame the man for being antagonistic or irritated, he can't get one full sentence out before AY buts in with another question. He's probably fed up with the lack of respect he gets from presenters taking the mickey out of his accent all the time and interrupting constantly, don't blame him for leaving, surprised he's put up with it for this long to be honest.

I did think her mickey-taking about his accent was a bit rich.

Whether it is QVC in general or AY who has p*ssed him off this evening - it's a shame that his swansong is turning out to be rather horrible to watch.

I like his accent, personally.

The way they go on about his accent is ridiculous, take a step beyond the Watford gap QVC and there is a multitude of wonderful accents out there that aren't Estuary English!

It'd drive me mad if I was him with people still trying to mimic (badly) my accent. Once or twice is amusing enough, but for 10 flippin years...

Us Northerners, we don't all have whippets and flat caps you know...

Last edited:
I wonder if his special nail polish "Mission Accomplished" is referring to his escape from the mickey-taking, and having to place nicely with AY (who he clearly does not get on with) amongst others?

I had a look at a couple of the new items for this show, but I'm trying to be good (mindful of the fact that the second AD will be arriving in no time at all).

The way they go on about his accent is ridiculous, take a step beyond the Watford gap QVC and there is a multitude of wonderful accents out there that aren't Estuary English!

It'd drive me mad if I was him with people still trying to mimic (badly) my accent. Once or twice is amusing enough, but for 10 flippin years...

Us Northerners, we don't all have whippets and flat caps you know...

AY is one to talk though, if I was Leighton I'd skit the way she says "yurs" for years, "hur" for her, "long-evity" for longevity and never looks at the right camera making the camera person look bad when after twenty yurs she hasn't learned yet how to look at the right one, but Leighton probably wouldn't lower himself to hur level.

Just seen LD on Friday Night Beauty. Is it just me or was he a bit chippy with Ali Young? Some digs at QVC as well, it seemed to me. AY suggested he might be back again for specials - NO, he said repeatedly. The remover kit containing a "salon size" - it's not coming back - not to QVC. He's got another show later this evening with AY - wonder how that's going to go! When she said you're on with me later, his reply was unfortunately, or worst luck.

I've always thought his banter with AY was through gritted teeth, and it seems that he's not even trying to hide it. It's easily the most antagonistic I've ever seen him being on air.

I thought he seemed naffed off last time he was on as he was complaining about not having enough time and the cameras weren't getting close enough to show Nina's nails properly. I didn't see the show earlier but saw the trailer in which he says he loves being on QVC as he can give us all them top tips! I'm off to bed shortly so I've set Sky+ to record the later show as I don't want to miss anything interesting. :mysmilie_19:

I think there are few who he doesn't mind - Chloe and Jilly are the ones who immediately spring to mind. Funnily enough - he'll be on with Chloe tomorrow (if he hasn't stormed off set and out of Chiswick Park, never to return this evening!).

Things haven't been rosy between QVC and Leighton for a long time. I can't say why but I witnessed it first hand.

It's looking very much like AY is getting on his nerves tonight.

Looks like things have calmed down somewhat in the interval between FNB and the current hour. They've stepped back from the brink!

AY couldn't take the hint to shut up when she insisted that people should share foot files and wash them in anti bac. Poor LD tried to tell her that it was unhygienic as if he didn't want people to associate his products with such skanky practices. He told her bluntly that it was a bad idea to share foot files because of verrucas etc and she just ignored him.. Silly old cow.
He was very patient with her.

AY couldn't take the hint to shut up when she insisted that people should share foot files and wash them in anti bac. Poor LD tried to tell her that it was unhygienic as if he didn't want people to associate his products with such skanky practices. He told her bluntly that it was a bad idea to share foot files because of verrucas etc and she just ignored him.. Silly old cow.
He was very patient with her.

I noticed that. She was trying to flog Australian Bodycare Tea Tree products for the cleaning though.

Other than that, I thought they seemed friendly and at ease with each other on the whole in the 11pm show.

I noticed that. She was trying to flog Australian Bodycare Tea Tree products for the cleaning though.

Other than that, I thought they seemed friendly and at ease with each other on the whole in the 11pm show.

Only through a superhuman effort, I'm afraid!

I saw Leighton on a show with Chloe yesterday and he was getting inpatient with her too, he was talking over her and ignoring her 'jokes' but I think it was mainly because he was steaming through a lot of products - especially the special 'best of' box (forget what it was called but it had 14 or so mini bottles and one large limited edition fancy one!)

But although I don't really mind him (although I have to be brutally honest, his accents grates on me very badly, but I know it's not his fault so I chastise myself for it!), I was really disappointed that he had a very detailed card on the table which he was looking at the whole time. I've always been impressed by his knowledge of his products and contents/colours but he was literally reading off benefits and ingredients verbatim :(

He's very strong on self-promotion which isn't a criticism but whenever he talks about the perfume he reels off the various notes so quickly etc that I now wonder if he has notes for that too...

But then, it might be argued that LD was trying to sell a separate foot file for every member of the family …

I saw Leighton on a show with Chloe yesterday and he was getting inpatient with her too, he was talking over her and ignoring her 'jokes' but I think it was mainly because he was steaming through a lot of products - especially the special 'best of' box (forget what it was called but it had 14 or so mini bottles and one large limited edition fancy one!)

But although I don't really mind him (although I have to be brutally honest, his accents grates on me very badly, but I know it's not his fault so I chastise myself for it!), I was really disappointed that he had a very detailed card on the table which he was looking at the whole time. I've always been impressed by his knowledge of his products and contents/colours but he was literally reading off benefits and ingredients verbatim :(

He's very strong on self-promotion which isn't a criticism but whenever he talks about the perfume he reels off the various notes so quickly etc that I now wonder if he has notes for that too...

A lot of the 'guests' do this, Lulu hides her crib sheet behind a pink and white flower, Joan Collins also virtually reads her spiel from her notes, and even Nikki (Lola Rose) checks her notes from time to time. Love her or loathe her, Kim M reels off her facts and figures without drawing breath. What I find irritating is when vendors - generally the Americans, stumble over their products e.g. not knowing if there's a belt, or how many colours it comes in, - I tend to shout at the screen "well you designed the bl....dy thing, you should know !! "

But then, it might be argued that LD was trying to sell a separate foot file for every member of the family …

Absolutely. I wasn't defending him so much as saying how AY was having none of it because she saw an opportunity to sell other products/ranges.

He definitely did say June would be his last show. To be perfectly honest, I don't actually rate LD's products, there are much better ones on the market and his 'success' has somewhat astounded me. Nails Inc is far better, OPI is worse, but the old favourites which are still going strong, have a great record over many many years, are Sally Hanson and Mavala the former for repairing or strengthening nails, the latter for the same as lovely sized bottles of very good nail varnish. I have OPI and I have Leighton Denny, none compare to the ones I've mentioned. OPI sell in China which is another reason I won't use them.

I have tried many LD's products and think they are the best!! One of his colours actually lasted ages on my nails and only needed a couple of slight touch ups!!
No other brands have matched this! Agree with OPI, this chips after 2 days with me, so will never buy again!!! Nails Inc is quite good too though!!! :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back