Leighton Denny Varnishes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
A little while ago I bought the LD Killers set of varnishes. I'm not a big nail varnish wearer but loved the teal colour and thought it would be something different. I've been trying to get my nails into condition for a while, using nail envy and avoplex oil. While watching the silver show on Sunday I decided to have a 'play' and tried on a couple of the colours in the set. At least 30-45 minutes after putting it on, and it was definitely dry to the touch, I accidentally rubbed a nail on a towel and the varnish just smeared off. I don't mean just smudged but the whole nail was just virtually wiped clean.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with LD? I was wearing the nail envy under the varnish so could this have been the reason?

How strange, Topaz! The problem isn't putting LD over Nail Envy though as I do that myself all the time with no problem at all.... The only thing I can think of is that something is stopping the polish adhering to the nail. Did you perhaps use Avoplex before painting on LD? I use oil treatments too, but always wash my nails with soap & a nail brush & apply OPI Chip Skip before I paint my nails to make sure the nail is thoroughly clean & oil free.

Oh, and good luck with growing those nails with Nail Envy. I had the most rubbish weak tatty nails before I started using it a few years ago & now I have talons of doom!

Some FM's had problems of the varnish from the LD TSV this time last year just peeling off. I've found that the setting rate sems to vary from colour to colour. The lustrous from that TSV is particularly slow, whilst the silver is much faster.

But I guess there are all sorts of factors, I was particullarly amazed to take my socks off one or 2 days after painting my toes and discover 2 bare toes. and the next day 3 etc. The varnish just vanished, and this was the same Rimmel one I'd used countless times and had lasted 2 weeks regularly.

How strange, Topaz! The problem isn't putting LD over Nail Envy though as I do that myself all the time with no problem at all.... The only thing I can think of is that something is stopping the polish adhering to the nail. Did you perhaps use Avoplex before painting on LD? I use oil treatments too, but always wash my nails with soap & a nail brush & apply OPI Chip Skip before I paint my nails to make sure the nail is thoroughly clean & oil free.

Oh, and good luck with growing those nails with Nail Envy. I had the most rubbish weak tatty nails before I started using it a few years ago & now I have talons of doom!

I had used Avoplex earlier so maybe that was the problem. Good to hear the nail envy works. One of my main problem is very dry cuticles. The Avoplex is great but I have to keep applying it as it seems to dry out quite quickly. Thanks for your advice.

Some FM's had problems of the varnish from the LD TSV this time last year just peeling off. I've found that the setting rate sems to vary from colour to colour. The lustrous from that TSV is particularly slow, whilst the silver is much faster.

But I guess there are all sorts of factors, I was particullarly amazed to take my socks off one or 2 days after painting my toes and discover 2 bare toes. and the next day 3 etc. The varnish just vanished, and this was the same Rimmel one I'd used countless times and had lasted 2 weeks regularly.

Maybe because the teal is slightly metallic looking made it take longer to set. These things obviously have a mind of their own!!

It happens sometimes if the nailplate is oily (naturally or avoplex) I have to use remover or a primer designed for use before false nail application - and it must be a non-oily remover obviously, my nails get "oily" in the summer. The trouble with the no-lift primers though is that they're v drying.

Hope you track down the cause.

Jude xx

not used any leighton denny polishes but i use nail envy under other polishes and never had a problem, ide say you should wash off the avoplex thouroughly before applying any polish, my nails seem to be natrally oily so i use opi chip skip too wich makes a huge difference

I use LD polish on my toes along with OPI Envy and Avoplex. Never a problem so suggest oil the problem. Good wash and if you want to be sure oil free a wipe with remover before Envy.

I have the LD teal nail varnish too and don't have any problems with it.

I usually scrub my nails then go over them with polish remover before I apply nail varnish.

Someone has already suggested asking him on Facebook. He replies very quickly and is very helpful if you want to try it.

Maybe because the teal is slightly metallic looking made it take longer to set. These things obviously have a mind of their own!!

I have that teal colour - gorgeous isn't it? Anyway I found it did dry more slowly than a lot of metallicky shades. The fastest polish to dry (in my experience) is Nails Inc, no matter what Leighton claims!
By the way I love LD and his products, so I'm not criticising here!

Another one here with the teal colour, I haven't had any problems with it either, but like the other FM's have mentioned I too put nail polish remover over my nails before starting anything.

I have that teal colour - gorgeous isn't it? Anyway I found it did dry more slowly than a lot of metallicky shades. The fastest polish to dry (in my experience) is Nails Inc, no matter what Leighton claims!
By the way I love LD and his products, so I'm not criticising here!

Thanks for that, makes me feel better. Yes the teal is beautiful, not the normal shade I would go for, I'm not usually so bold, but I just couldn't resist.

Yep, I'm another one who's nails do not like LD polishes - just cannot get them to stay on, they peel off within a few hours, and my nails are clean, dry and oil free when they go on. I've had a lot of bad luck with his products (stuff arriving broken/damaged/used etc) so refuse to buy from the range anymore, but I didn't have much luck with the polishes. I've been using Nails Inc without a problem so I tend to stick with them now...

Yep, I'm another one who's nails do not like LD polishes - just cannot get them to stay on, they peel off within a few hours, and my nails are clean, dry and oil free when they go on. I've had a lot of bad luck with his products (stuff arriving broken/damaged/used etc) so refuse to buy from the range anymore, but I didn't have much luck with the polishes. I've been using Nails Inc without a problem so I tend to stick with them now...

Hmmmm.... I ordered the Divine Diva set last year (silver and gold). When I opened the package one of the bottles had leaked and when I opened the bottle there was no brush in it. I did get a replacement but maybe I should have learned my lesson then.

Hmmmm.... I ordered the Divine Diva set last year (silver and gold). When I opened the package one of the bottles had leaked and when I opened the bottle there was no brush in it. I did get a replacement but maybe I should have learned my lesson then.

I love my divine Diva set and they dry quickly unless I put crystal finish on and then it takes a while.

Latest posts

Back