Leighton Denny Varnishes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love my divine Diva set and they dry quickly unless I put crystal finish on and then it takes a while.

I have no problems with LD polishes, but then I always use Seche Vite as my top coat when I first apply. Perhaps that makes a difference? I save the LD top coat for when I'm just refreshing the shine later in the week or for covering chip repair work.

LD polishes lift straight off my nails too, even using Seche Vite as a topcoat. Weird how it completely falls off in one whole piece leaving the nail completely bare, no other polish I've used does this.

Glad its not just me

A little while ago I bought the LD Killers set of varnishes. I'm not a big nail varnish wearer but loved the teal colour and thought it would be something different. I've been trying to get my nails into condition for a while, using nail envy and avoplex oil. While watching the silver show on Sunday I decided to have a 'play' and tried on a couple of the colours in the set. At least 30-45 minutes after putting it on, and it was definitely dry to the touch, I accidentally rubbed a nail on a towel and the varnish just smeared off. I don't mean just smudged but the whole nail was just virtually wiped clean.

Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with LD? I was wearing the nail envy under the varnish so could this have been the reason?

This used to happen to me all the time and I couldn't understand it either. I found the dark the colour, or perhaps the more colour in the varnish the more difficult it was to dry. I found it better to put 3 very thin coats on giving at least 30 mins drying time in between. I havent bought any more LD and use Nails Inc instead... much much better esp the top coat.

I'm only theorising here but perhaps the fact polishes have had a lot of the nasties removed from their formulas may have had a slight impact on performance. I have of ten had metallic polishes just vanish off my nail in one piece but ones with glitter last ages on. I use Jessica btw but have used LD with average results. :64;

Latest posts

Back