Leighton Denny TSV Sat 14th January

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I really laughed when he got two digs in at Alison as the time went by, he asked if there was a mute button whenever she had an evening out and the other was about never being the star of the show when Miss Young is on, she wasn't best pleased by the look on her face, but equally didn't take the hint.

Bensmum, Bolton is my neck of the woods too, before I defected to the South. Miss it loads. You're right, no one really talks like that, Vermont, Tess and Sara Cox all do it. Grrr

I'm loving the neutrals and have been really good this month so I might treat myself. Really great idea to have two different colour options. I do find LD the most difficult to get right but it's a fab finish when I do get it right.

As a Southerner who moved to Bradford nearly 15 years ago, LD's accent seems the same as the ones I hear on a daily basis. I do wonder though with accents; do they sound stronger when surrounded by 'non accents' or other accents, especially when people relax? It's like trying to sound posh and getting tired and reverting to normal speech!!

I wouldn't be without my OPI Nail Envy but I wear his colours 80% of the time. I find them the easiest to apply as the brush is the right width and is just long enough to apply perfectly. I find OPI brushes a little too wide, Nails Inc too short and Prostrong too long. I also love his shades, they'rs so chic and modern.

I went for the neutrals I already have the rebel and the red one from the other set. Love the look of jailbird but can buy this one direct from his website or eBay later.

Love his polishes as they are easy to apply and with a coat of Seche Vite over last for ages.

Leighton Denny describing the white box for his file duo as 'iconic' . . . . . . . iconic!!! A white box!!! d e l u d e d !

Oh and Catherine has bought everything :)

Last visit he was on Catherine then too, and she kept talking about Angel Wings or Angel Dust (angel something!) said she loved it so much that she had two bottles permanently of it. Then a bit later in the hour they were showing a set with three or four colours in it and she asked Leighton what one of them was as it was pretty - you guessed it, it was the Angel one!! Made herself sound so silly, really shot herself in the foot on that one LOL.

She always talks about Starkers too, I reckon she's only got 2 or 3 colours but as usual, like all of them, talks for the cameras sake making out they have the whole salon.

I am shocked to say that I wasn't impressed with any of the Leighton's offering today. I was gearing myself up to purchase the TSV but I simply didn't like the nude colours and I already have rebel and only really wanted jailbird. What I found worse though was that everything else shown was at full price and I would never buy from Q at full price (has to be a discount somewhere!). Disappointed as nails are my guilty pleasure and I like Leighton and Nails Inc. I haven't got into OPI yet as there TSVs always seem rubbish but I am thinking of investing in some nail envy as it always gets good reviews.

Pink Gel (perfect formula) is miles better than nail envy in my opinion = does a much better job. nail envy made my nails hard and when they broke it really hurt.

I was born in Bradford, grew up just outside the city, and had friends/family in Bierley and Odsal near where Leighton came from, and I'd say his is a definitive Bradfordian accent. He even has that slight roll on the 'r' sounds that I remember. I'm sometimes tempted to ring in when he's on air and ask him to pronounce 'Bradford' as it's well known round those parts that true Bradfordians believe the 'd' should be sounded as a 't' ie. 'Bratford' :giggle:. For those that know the area apparantly he started in a salon down Tong Street (according to the T&A). Leighton, you've come a long way baby :rock: :clapping:

Last edited:
i'm extreme south and the accent doesn't bother me - it's the fact he keeps changing it.

Last visit he was on Catherine then too, and she kept talking about Angel Wings or Angel Dust (angel something!) said she loved it so much that she had two bottles permanently of it. Then a bit later in the hour they were showing a set with three or four colours in it and she asked Leighton what one of them was as it was pretty - you guessed it, it was the Angel one!! Made herself sound so silly, really shot herself in the foot on that one LOL.

She always talks about Starkers too, I reckon she's only got 2 or 3 colours but as usual, like all of them, talks for the cameras sake making out they have the whole salon.

it was three bottles this evening.........

so why did she/they pick the kit demo that she'd been hyping up all show to read out the texts. he was bursting to talk about it and surprise surprise it sold out before he could get a word in. i sometimes think they will talk about anything other than the product for some bizarre reason.

I don't personally rate Leighton Denny polishes. I bought some a couple of years ago. They were very streaky and the prices aren't that good either.

Leighton is a Yorkshireman but he does over emphasise his accent for the cameras. Another culprit is Tess Daly. She's from Bolton (about 20 minutes drive from me) and no-one from round here speaks like she does. Totally ridiculous.

BTW TK Maxx had loads of Leighton boxed sets yesterday, some were just colours and some were colours with treatment products. All were £24.99.

Sorry to contradict you but I think Tess Daly is a Derbyshire girl. Isn't Vernon Kay from Bolton?

Just caught the end of the show and LD and AY have definitely been reading the forum, making comments about their accents and LD saying he ends up reflecting the person he is with!!! As for the products...haven't seen any of them I wanted except for one fantastic colour in the chocoholic OTO...and seeing as I got my bank statement today.....I am so not buying anything for at least until Easter!!!!

I like Leighton. His laugh is very warm and real. Sometimes people can't completely control their speech patterns and accents reflect their roots and the situation they're in.

I'm Cornish and extremely proud of it but I have little or no trace of an accent because I've lived and worked away from Cornwall for over 25 years. Sometimes my accent is more noticeable and there are certain words that are a massive giveaway but I have never consciously tried to get rid of it.

I don't use LD, never tried it, stick to more conventional colours, but - am so impressed with his presentation and the hand model, everything just clicks together and is SO professional and well thought out. lesson there for all guests. this is how it should be done. little less sun tan maybe.

Well mine has arrived and I've tried the whitening serum and it has brought my normally white tipped nails back to form. The "treatment" makes the pink bit of my nails look slightly blue. Well funny enough that's because it is slightly blue but it does definitely make the whites "pop".

Colours are all really nice. My favourite has to be the Rich Coco or the Golden Rose. And the Golden Rose looks fab with a coat of OPI Pro's and Bronze over the top.

All in all very happy. These polishes seem a bit less gloppy than some of the ones I have had in the past. Am planning to be wearing Golden Rose later this week.

Latest posts

Back