Leighton Denny TSV Sat 14th January

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My favourites are Leighton's for colour and staying power with OPI a close second. Nails Inc just don't last more than a day on me...

I am so weak willed that I nipped in and got the neutrals TSV ordered as soon as SCW posted about it and it arrived today. I'd describe the shades as useful rather than inspiring but that is what I wanted for spring. I could stock a shop with darks and brights. luckily OH was not around when the parcel arrived.

What was the bag like glitterbug?
I'm after a neat handbag size cosmetic bag. The nail varnishes would be a bonus lol

What was the bag like glitterbug?
I'm after a neat handbag size cosmetic bag. The nail varnishes would be a bonus lol

It's black - mock croc - about 9ins long with the base about 2.5ins wide. It's not light-weight but not hugely substantial.
I'd not describe it as "neat"!

My favourites are Leighton's for colour and staying power with OPI a close second. Nails Inc just don't last more than a day on me...

I am so weak willed that I nipped in and got the neutrals TSV ordered as soon as SCW posted about it and it arrived today. I'd describe the shades as useful rather than inspiring but that is what I wanted for spring. I could stock a shop with darks and brights. luckily OH was not around when the parcel arrived.

What are the colours in the neutrals set? It's gone off the website now

Strange that one set is all "old" colours whereas the nudes look like new ones. My money's safe as my 15 years old DD has banned me from buying anymore LD (she's inherited her mum's obsession with nail colour) because his colours never properly dry on her (and they chip too easily on my nails). She's even tried applying 3 thin coats 12 hours apart and the polish has still "dented"...one of his TSV set was paticularly slow-drying (sorry can't remember which one)

Jude xx

I work in a charity shop and we had a boxful of nail polish in the other day, with loads of unused Nails Inc and 3 Leighton Denny, looks as though someone wasn't that impressed with the TSV's

Am tempted as I love jailbird and rebel although I have similar colours from OPI

Am not sure if I will use the rest so not sure how good the value is

The Brilliance serum and sheild from LD.com is £11 each. Polishes are £11 each. Not sure how much the remover is though. I've gone for the neutrals option, love all the colours, apart from 1. I find LD's treatments work for me and swear by his hydra flex regime. I haven't tried the brilliance regime....... yet lol

think Leighton is getting fed up with Alison already, gob on a stick keeps interrupting him ... but whats up with her neck tonight, have I missed something, has she been poorly??

think Leighton is getting fed up with Alison already, gob on a stick keeps interrupting him ... but whats up with her neck tonight, have I missed something, has she been poorly??

he tried 2-3 times to get to the end of a sentence about joan collins then gave up - so we never got to hear it!

is he for real btw? i've never really watched him for any length of time and the accent is changing constantly. he says eg 'hand cream' then it's as though he remembers and quickly says ''an'cream'. kinda reminds me of jamie oliver's mockney. he also seems very full of himself. just first impressions.

I am a fellow northerner but even I find Leighton's voice/accent annoying. He seems like a nice guy though, and comes accross as a normal lad who has done well for himself. I'm not and never have been into nail polish. I just can't be doing with it. I had a french manicure done on my wedding day and I had ruined it in minutes when I thought it had dried and I tried to put my tights on! I have only started to use hand cream fairly recently since having babies means I wash my hands a zillion times every day. As far as my nails are concerned I have only ever cut them with scissors and they seem strong and healthy to me. It's only when I put any polish or so called nail treatment on that they immediately weaken and peel and go flaky, so I leave well alone. If I was I to nails I would go for his neutral ones, I think they look lovely on the TV, glossy and really expensive looking colours.

Leighton is a Yorkshireman but he does over emphasise his accent for the cameras. Another culprit is Tess Daly. She's from Bolton (about 20 minutes drive from me) and no-one from round here speaks like she does. Totally ridiculous.

BTW TK Maxx had loads of Leighton boxed sets yesterday, some were just colours and some were colours with treatment products. All were £24.99.

Latest posts

Back