Leighton Denny TSV / Beauty Day - 19/12/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, that amazing grey looks good. I think Clare was wearing it on her show today. Great colour. I have never done a French Manicure at home, and am wondering how fiddly it is to do the white "smiles" at the top of the nail. I could see this driving me mad, even with the corrector brush.
Has anyone tried?

Im quite good at french tips, if i do say so myself, but there is always at least one nail thats not as clean as the others and the corrector fluid is great for tidying them up it is very easy to do and its also great for tidying up dark colours if you get the varnish on your skin

Yes, that amazing grey looks good. I think Clare was wearing it on her show today. Great colour. I have never done a French Manicure at home, and am wondering how fiddly it is to do the white "smiles" at the top of the nail. I could see this driving me mad, even with the corrector brush.
Has anyone tried?

Hi Rosie - i like a French Manicure and use Leighton's corrector lotion and brush and find it invaluable - i put one thin coat of white over my free edge(lighter part of the nail) and tidy it up with the corrector lotion(i do it by looking at my nails from above working with my other hand and create a smile line) i then put two coats of shear colour(butterfly wings,starkers etc) allowing each coat to dry in between application. I get great results doing this. HTH and you give it a try i do admit patience is essential if you take your time it seems to work better. Leighton advises and i agree that the colour should take the largest part of the nail bed up and the white the smallest - this gives a more natural French effect.Leighton,OPI and Nails inc whites are all great - i have bought from the high street and found the white to be a very harsh colour.

I bought it. Never tried LD products before and loved his French mani demos, he makes it look really achievable. I also loved the grey polish.

Thanks everyone. In the end I weakened and purchased the kit. I checked prices with Amazon and it is true the kit is worth over £80. I really hope I can achieve this look - polished nails look so groomed.
I enjoyed listening to Leighton and Alison together and think they bounce off each other well. For a nail man, Leighton is very down to earth. I get the impression he is a real hard worker and perfectionist.
I even went for a box of brights to for extra presents for my mum and sister!

Latest posts

Back