Leighton Denny TSV - 30/09/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Akimbo
Just checked my account and mine was shipped on 13th
but havent had my email yet and dont suppose
I will get it in time for my christmas party tomorrow night

Fingers crossed Bluebell! I picked up a tip from Alter Ego about using a peel-off nail polish underneath glitter polishes (Fiona Fullerton ones were £2.50 at superdrug last week and may stiil be). They're notoriously difficult to remove but this way they peel off when you're ready for a change, top tip AE! Thank you!

Jude xx

Fingers crossed Bluebell! I picked up a tip from Alter Ego about using a peel-off nail polish underneath glitter polishes (Fiona Fullerton ones were £2.50 at superdrug last week and may stiil be). They're notoriously difficult to remove but this way they peel off when you're ready for a change, top tip AE! Thank you!

Jude xx

The name is Andrea Fulerton cause when I searched for Fiona Fullerton a whole lot of Durex products were returned! Super drug website is poor. Still free postage on super drug until 19 December so I ordered the peel off in a dark colour - was still £2.50

Last edited:
Ooops! My local (not very large) Superdrug only had 2 colours, dark blue and plum which actually work well under a variety of glitter polishes. It looked as though they were selling off the peelable polishes.

Jude xx

Daft question maybe but do the peelable polishes not damage the nails when you peel the off? And if not what's the wear time like. Dunno why I'm asking really as I can't wear glitter polishes normally anyway lol.

Daft question maybe but do the peelable polishes not damage the nails when you peel the off? And if not what's the wear time like. Dunno why I'm asking really as I can't wear glitter polishes normally anyway lol.
I've not tried the peel offs before but I'm planning to use it over my red carpet gel nail varnish and then put the glitter nail varnish on top. By the to e I've applied 2 coats of glitter nail varnish that will make 8 coats of nail varnish. Wonder what that will look like? If that doesn't work i,'all just use it to put over the gel nail varnish and peel it off the next day. I don't imagine it will last more than a day. It'll probably be here by Monday as super drug deliveries are pretty fast. May even be tomorrow.
Talking of deliveries I've got a free month's trial of amazon prime. Ordered earrings yesterday at 1300 and they were here by 9am

I did well with my manicure this week. I applied OPI on Saturday in Not So Bora-Boring and managed to get it right through until last night. That's unheard of me. I'm lucky to get three days normally. But I did two things different. I used a cuticle remover AND I did two coats on the Saturday with a coat of Seche Vite and then, because the colour wasn't dense enough, I added a third coat of polish with a second coat of Seche Vite. It was a bugger to get off too so I'm assuming it was the additional coat of Seche Vite that did the trick.

I've got a Christmas party tonight and tomorrow so am wearing Animalistic and hoping it lasts through to Sunday ... lol. I'm not convinced I'll succeed especially when it would be a pain the arse to have to repaint.

I've had an email to say it's been despatched, it wasn't supposed to come till after Christmas.

I notice several people on Facebook are saying they've got free P&P on it. I've been charged £4.95 !!!
Not a happy bunny about this. Why are customers treated differently?

I wasn't expecting it until 30th Dec - I emailed Qvc in November to check as I wanted to know when I needed to cancel it by - have it writing as 30th so was shocked when isaw loads were being dispatched. I rang up and complained got a callback from a teamleader who apologised profusely and would ensure it was cancelled for me - he said I could ring up at any point in the future and order the additional drops at tsv price - which I am happy with. I told him that they should consider contacting customers and informing them if an advanced delivery is being sent sooner - especially when it means they are automatically charging your card 2 weeks early!!

I've had an email to say it's been despatched, it wasn't supposed to come till after Christmas.

I notice several people on Facebook are saying they've got free P&P on it. I've been charged £4.95 !!!
Not a happy bunny about this. Why are customers treated differently?

Mine has been dispatched and the order total only has one P&P for both deliveries - but then when I ordered it did say that further drops would have no postage costs. Maybe it depends when you ordered cos I think they changed the details on the website later on in the day

Well if that's the case then I don't think it's very fair.
They never advertised free p&p as being a "Christmas surprise" or some such that they say is just for the hour.
It looks like an administrative cock up on their part & as such I don't see why customers should be treated differently from each other.
I've emailed to complain but I'm not expecting any reasonable explanation or response that's fair to us customers who've been penalised.

Checked with my neighbour Jen and her shipping email says total £30 ish so no added postage for the 2nd drop. Anyone wanting to challenge the P&P if they've been charged £4.95, earlier in this thread there's a screen shot of the webpage showing no further postage will be charged, worth emailing them (not using the contact page on their website because you can't keep a copy of what you've sent) with the file attached to support your argument.

Jude xx

I've taken over (unofficially) my neighbour's auto delivery and she's just had the despatch email for the 3rd set 202042. It has pastel colours and a purple bag. I've posted this on the OPI TSV thread so I hope no one gets caught out by the AD money coming out unexpectedly this month.

She's forwarded me the despatch email and is still getting free p&p!

Jude xx

They've sent me the email about this drop too & they've added p&p to it!
I've just emailed them.

That's where QVC CS fall down - by not consistently dealing with customers' problems and thinking we won't notice! I hope they refund your p&p without quibbling and next drop don't try and add postage to your order. Once you've drawn this to their attention you shouldn't have to chase them again!

Jude xx

I cancelled mine and got the mail, but they have refunded and are sending me a label to return, refunded postage too & unsure if I have been charged it

I got the email this morning a few hours after I had ordered the OPI TSV
Between this and the RCM as well I will be swimming in nail colours

Latest posts

Back