Leighton Denny tsv 2/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh QVC "you're sad strange little men, and you have my pity" (as Woody would say)!

They've made Leighton call his TSV gold glitter polish a different name on air (I assume in case it causes offence) from "Gold Save The Queen" to "Good as Gold" WTF!

Let's hope John Lydon doesn't discover and market the secret of eternal yoof as the QVC prissy PC police wouldn't be able to cope! Anyone find "Gold Save the Queen" in anyway offensive? Never mind second guessing how others might see it, seriously is it a problem?

Who is going to be offended? The Queen? It's a huge assumption that she paints her nails or watches QVC! Maybe she's given Leighton an MBE! I'm fairly sure we'd never hear the end of it if QVC suspected they had Royal patronage...Catherine would be curtsying and toadying more than ever!

They really come across as ridiculous sometimes!

Sorry to quote my own post but I can't let it lie!

I hate to disagree Akimbo, but I think of Q as a bunch of women. Men wouldn't be that petty, surely? They call a spade a spade and be darned with it. I bet it's run by a bunch of arty farty, wannabee sloany, poor busy yummy mummy types who think they're chocolate because they 'drinks/garden party' and 'lunch' with z list celebs who come on to plug their wares like sad, desperate market traders....phew, I'll breathe now!!

But I do agree, this is ridiculous!! I heard LD stumble over it on the morning repeat and he apologised by offering the explanation that the name had been changed. I did wonder. Farcical!

Hmmm I still think it's a bloke trying to second guess the sensibilities of their "ladies wot shop" and getting it wrong again, though I could be wrong. You know what pussies the presenters are when someone says "blimey" live on air, falling over themselves to apologise, which actually draws more attention to it than letting it go without comment!

I hate to disagree Akimbo, but I think of Q as a bunch of women. Men wouldn't be that petty, surely? They call a spade a spade and be darned with it. I bet it's run by a bunch of arty farty, wannabee sloany, poor busy yummy mummy types who think they're chocolate because they 'drinks/garden party' and 'lunch' with z list celebs who come on to plug their wares like sad, desperate market traders....phew, I'll breathe now!!

But I do agree, this is ridiculous!! I heard LD stumble over it on the morning repeat and he apologised by offering the explanation that the name had been changed. I did wonder. Farcical!

I wondered what he meant too. Think he mumbled something about it being too risqué for QVC so I thought it was a rude word!

I had just painted with Nails Inc when it arrived yesterday but after a nightshift last night was starting to wear so have had a play with the LD set today. The colours are all lovely, I think I will get good use out of them all, this is my first time using LD polishes though so am having to adapt to how much to use how long to wait to dry etc and have had to remove and replace a few times.

Bottles I find comfortable to hold. After a play with the colours I have done my nails with 'Really Royal' and then used 'Party at the Palace' over the top of one nail. TBH it doesn't look as well applied as I usually get with Nails Inc but That is due to me not being use to using this brand, it did feel quite different.

I think you'll all be pleased with this set.

I'd agree that Leighton's polish is a different consistency to Nails Inc somehow, can't quite explain what, but I do find that if your layer LD polish too thickly it will ever fully cure and dry all the way through, a couple of v thin coats seem to work best.

Mine is out for delivery to the courier so don't know when I will receive it but at least it is on its way. I was quite impressed to receive a phone call from Q telling me about the delay.

I had a phone call last night saying mine would be delayed for a few more days and it was delivered this morning!

Waiting for mine too.. Order generated 2nd and that's all it says.. So annoying!

I am not too bothered but it seems strange that some of us have been notified that there will be a delay in us getting our order and yet others like me have not heard anything at all, why are Q so inconsistent, if it was not for this forum I would have no idea that there could be a problem with the delivery, not that I am in desperate need of another bottle of nail varnish of course!

Latest posts

Back