Leighton Denny tsv 2/12/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is the first LD set where I like the look of all the colours. Anyone know what the clear pots are?

Also it is a crystal nail file or emery board?

Last edited:
Under cover base coat, crystal finish top coat and ? I reckon! Definitely a crystal nail file.

This may well be my first Leighton Denny QVC purchase then. I've never liked the colours on other TSV's not my style. I have a medium crystal nail file that I bought in a set with renovate and a buffer in boots but would be good to get a fullsize one.

Any guesstimates on price?

Hmm, I'd guess between £29 and £34. Although I could be totally off the mark!! I like the gold, the glitter and the raspberry colour. I have so many purples and so many glitters, I could recreate the look with my current stash. I will see what I buy tomorrow then decide. If it's a good price then it's probably worth going for for the sake of 3 polishes (£33?) or I could always live in hope that the colours I like end up on the bay! I really want that green (click, click, flash,flash?) from the Hollywood Collection. Has anyone tried the Miracle Mist? I don't bother with stuff like this. I have umpteen bottles of Miracle Drops that I don't think make a difference to drying times!

Definitely going for this TSV. Looks like it could be a large crystal file to me. Thank you to all the super sleuths, your work is always appreciated.

The deep pink colour looks similar to Vixen (a very nice colour) and the taupe looks like a satin version of Supermodel. I seem to get better coverage and wear from creme colours rather than shimmery or pearly ones (in any range not just Leighton's).

I've got enough glitters and don't need another file so I'll paint Vixen on my nails tomorrow evening which might give me the will-power to resist. I'm glad the launch is with Jilly, we might actually hear Leighton explain all the "Bran bran new products". Jilly and her little sound-bite catch phrases doesn't seem to annoy me as much as others who like the sound of their own voice too much.

I've decided I am definitely F.A.R.Ting over this one (hope you all remember what that is, ha ha!)

I bought 4 new shades and another file today, and I would only really wear the pinky one - I must have about 5 in this colour palette already!

For those who haven't got the colours, or are buying as a gift, it's a lovely TSV.

I have only ever brought one previous L.D T.S.V's and it was great value and I loved all of the colours in it.
I am drawn to this one in a BIG way but I am thinking of my bank balance and will have to stay busy ALL day on Tuesday so as that I don't circum to all of the hype and buy this.
I already have 4 crystal nail files and lots of purple polish so don't need any more if I keep on telling myself this I may be OK.

I was being to weaken, but then found "Brief Encounter" which, to me looks a lot like the nude TSV polish, so that's 2 of them looking like close duplicates to polishes I already own.

1 x Really Royal - an intense purple noir
1 x Purple Reign - a rich purple berry
1 x Party at the Palace - a shimmering purple glitter
1 x Good as Gold - a gold glitter
1 x It’s an Honour - a lovely taupe shimmer

Minxy - I use Sally Hansen's Mega Shine to dry FAST and give a lovely deep shine. Nails are more than touch dry after a minute, rock hard after 10-15. They also have an Insta-Dry top coat, but although this is supposed to dry a little faster (45 seconds), I don't find it brings out the depth of colour or glimmer that MS does.

I load the brush and apply a really thick coat immediately after applying last coat of polish. It doesn't streak or smudge if you use a brush full.

I heard this morning that all TSV 's until Xmas will be on easy pay so that and the fact that the 'black'is purple noir might sway me and I really don't need more crystal nail files as I have two LD ones and an OPI .......aargh

Me too. I thought the purple noir was black and that deterred me a bit but dont think i will be able to resist now. Well i didnt buy anything on black friday!!

Thanks have ordered, am busy tomorrow so glad to do this now.

December spend £37.41

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back