Leighton Denny statement

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

here you go if you aint on FB

Thanks so much for all the comments this week - I've read them all and I would love to be able answer them individually but there is hundreds so here's my response... (Sorry for the long and loaded message)

Regarding the Auto Delivery options selling out so fast... I don't decide how many are available, this is completely down to the QVC buyers and I'm as disappointed as some of you that so many of you missed out but I'm doing what I can to bring back the limited edition products from each of the A/D options with the bags, polishes, hand creams and buffers but unfortunately we cannot duplicate the actual Auto Delivery options that were available but I'm 99% sure that there will another chance to get the exclusive products that were in the 3 Auto Delivery drops.

If you have any 'customer service' issues there isn't any point in posting them on this page because nobody from LDEN or QVC monitor this page... Click on these links for the Leighton Denny Expert Nails & QVC UK Facebook pages - there is also more contact info here: https://www.facebook.com/notes/leighton-denny-2-open/welcome/409441825767166 - Also, please post all your lovely images on the LDEN page because all old threads are eventually deleted on this page.

I'm afraid that I will be stepping down from my presenting role at QVC and I want you all to know that this wasn't a decision I made lightly, I have been in talks with QVC for over a year before the decision was made, however due to contactual issues and the amount of time and commitment that QVC needed from me it meant that we couldn't agree a way forward so the only option was for me to step down and hand the role over to the lovely Nina Taylor and I'm sure she will do a splendid job so my last shows for LD Expert Nails will be the 10th anniversary shows in June and then Nina will be doing all LD Expert Nails shows thereafter.
The final Light & Dark fragrance show is planned for early April and it might be Free P&P so watch this space for more info on that!
Sadly... Sun Believable won't be returning to QVC this year but I am planning to launch some fab value collections and supersize's on www.LeightonDenny.com very soon and it's launching professional so it's going to be available in many more salons and spas very soon too!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will pop back to update the group next week......LD!!

Apologies to those members not on Facebook. Thanks SCW ! (I once got told off on a forum for posting long text - apparently it costs money).

Good post from Leighton, such a shame he won't be presenting anymore though, can't he pop back now and again like Liz Earle does, having said that Nina has grown on me a lot, but it won't be the same

There is regret in his words and it strikes me that he didn't want to leave. I shall miss him.

The final light and dark fragrance show - does that mean his fragrance has been discontinued as well as sunbelievable?

I'm not a huge fan of LD products as i use OPI, but he was very entertaining to watch, especially with ali young... i wonder if its because he is selling in many other places so QVC don't feel he is of as much importance anymore? We all know Q like to brag about their exclusive products.

Interesting that, it was down to some failed negotiations with QVC. I can see better offers on his website and maybe M&S in competition with QVC coming up.

Mmmm he sounds rather sad at the announcement. i get the feeling if he could he would still be a huge part of the shows.

Q's been playing hard ball with him, I think, and he's not wanting to be constrained by their contracts and obligations any longer. LD is a big enough brand to survive and flourish without Q dictating the terms, though he'll obviously be anxious to ensure his Q sales don't drop once Nina takes over. I doubt they will.

qvc are hard work methinks. look how they got rid of debbie green and julian. merciless. you dont tow the line your out

Hmmmm...... there have been 'contractual' issues before, and me wonders if the likes of Lenny from Nina Leonard for example (despite comments to the contrary) is the reason we don't see him anymore. I remember when Stacey from YBF aka Models Prefer had similar problems and was off air for some time, before she returned with a renamed brand. But I agree with Boffy, I imagine Q are hard work, which probably explains why there are so few new shows now, and why they have lost many 'different' brands. Their staples are Yankee Candles, Cooks Essentials, Northern Nights et al, with the regular Mally, Kipling, and endless beauty shows to keep them going.

Hmmmm...... there have been 'contractual' issues before, and me wonders if the likes of Lenny from Nina Leonard for example (despite comments to the contrary) is the reason we don't see him anymore. I remember when Stacey from YBF aka Models Prefer had similar problems and was off air for some time, before she returned with a renamed brand. But I agree with Boffy, I imagine Q are hard work, which probably explains why there are so few new shows now, and why they have lost many 'different' brands. Their staples are Yankee Candles, Cooks Essentials, Northern Nights et al, with the regular Mally, Kipling, and endless beauty shows to keep them going.

The inventory's not quite to Ideal World standards yet, but I agree it's shrinking.

LE without Liz; Leighton without Leighton; Hoppen without Hoppen; Lulu G without Lulu G most of the time.... bit of a pattern developing.

Surely some Leighton is better than no Leighton.. Nina is fine but that's not the point. Qvc sound horrendous to deal with.

Many moons ago when I was still able to work one of my "ladies" was the girl who owned and developed AD Skin Synergy and I can well remember when it first went to air on Q and she had to either agree to appear for a named number of days and shows or Q would find a "brand ambassador" .
She opted for the "brand ambassador"
So that she was free to develop the brand without being totally tied to Q.
So yes Q ask a LOT from it's suppliers but in return give a customer platform that no other shop or chain could hope to replicate.

Latest posts

Back