Leighton Denny statement

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE without Liz; Leighton without Leighton; Hoppen without Hoppen; Lulu G without Lulu G most of the time.... bit of a pattern developing.

Imo it's all good, can we have time bomb without Lulu and ultrasun without Abi whatshername...lol

Seems like QVC have boxed themselves onto a corner with regards to designers and brand owners having to appear.Maybe that's why some well known brands fall by the way side.

But I can see the point of view that when the brands were not well known the owners were happy to use the Q platform to gain sales and exposure. Im not a nail varnish fan so don't watch Leighton.If people enjoyed watching him they will feel it ,in the same way I enjoyed Lenny but now hardly watch the shows.At least Leighton has given an explanation which is good and more than we got about others who have disappeared from our screens.....

Last edited:
Many moons ago when I was still able to work one of my "ladies" was the girl who owned and developed AD Skin Synergy and I can well remember when it first went to air on Q and she had to either agree to appear for a named number of days and shows or Q would find a "brand ambassador" .
She opted for the "brand ambassador"
So that she was free to develop the brand without being totally tied to Q.
So yes Q ask a LOT from it's suppliers but in return give a customer platform that no other shop or chain could hope to replicate.

That's interesting and I can see the point. Once they have chosen the brand owner though, it's not really fair to the customers for qvc to stamp their foot and refuse to renegotiate terms years later. Personal preferences aside, people get used to the owners' expertise and buy into the brands because of it. Laura Geller seems to have managed to alternate her appearances with an ambassador so maybe it depends on how far away you live or maybe there's more to this story than we know. Could it be that AY didn't like getting as good as she gives and has tightened the screw?

I shall miss Leighton - they are his products and he always takes the time to show them to their best possible advantage, and makes sure the customer can see what they are getting. I like Nina, but I am not sure I will watch as much as I used to now - it won't be the same, I do prefer the brand ambassador to be on shows. Will see how it goes, and hope Nina does the job well.

Latest posts

Back