Leighton Denny "mini series" 16-18/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I just spotted these Leighton Denny shows over the next three nights. Tonight it's "Leighton Denny's Signature Looks", tomorrow "Nail Solutions" and Saturday "Manis and Pedis", all 8.00-9.00pm. Surely they all boil down to the same thing?

I'm out tonight but was looking at the website and they have a few nice Special Price items, which may have been mentioned elsewhere on this forum so sorry for any repetition:

Six Piece Glamour Hands Collection @ £23.64 + £3.95 (Event Price)

Four Piece Power of Flowers Collection @ £28.80 + £4.95 (Event Price)

Five Piece Understated Glamour Collection @ £24.96 + £4.95 (One Time Only Price)

I could be tempted but I'm resisting if I can.

Thank you, I like the look of the Power of Flowers set but I'm sure I already own similar polishes...I wonder whether Richard Jackson wears these?

I thought he was taking a back seat and Nina would show products. Well that did not last long because he is on tonight?

I thought he was taking a back seat and Nina would show products. Well that did not last long because he is on tonight?

I know, I was just thinking the same, thought he wasn't going to be on again until June, saw he was in Tamworth on Tuesday, so he obviously is still wanting to be involved with Q and various events around the country

I don't normally watch beauty shows but caught a snipped and was quite surprised at how chunky he looked. Not helped by the little boy haircut and pastel jacket . Too many cream cakes at the Palace?

I thought ages a go when I saw him that he had developed the classic "moon" face that those taking steroids long term tend to get that would also account for the weight gain.
I didn't watch to night so can't comment on how he looks maybe I will tune in tomorrow and take a look.

I thought ages a go when I saw him that he had developed the classic "moon" face that those taking steroids long term tend to get that would also account for the weight gain.
I didn't watch to night so can't comment on how he looks maybe I will tune in tomorrow and take a look.

Perhaps but there are other medications that can have similar side-effects. Thyroid medication for one. Also heavy drinking and plain old middle-aged spread!

Don't forget that there are perfectly valid medical reasons why people may have to take steroids. If LD has had any health issues that could be the case. I hope the only reason he's stepping back from QVC is for his stated reason (focus on product development) and not for health reasons.

In the show last night, I thought LD was a lot less "on the ball" than normal. He didn't know all the colours in the sets he was presenting, and when AY put him on the spot about the history of product development for one of the colours he was floundering. Conversely, Nina was much more assertive and vocal than in the past. The baton may not change hands completely until June, but clearly the dynamic between Leighton and Nina is changing.

There were some lovely sets last night, and it will be interesting to see what other products are on air in the next two shows. I've not bought anything else yet as I'm still settling in the last TSV, but I might be tempted...

I always love watching him work. The speed and quality of his brushwork knocks any other nailcare brand's technicians into a cocked hat. The next best is Vanessa who used to be in the Nails Inc shows, I think.

Did any of you give in to temptation last night with the items on offer? I was out but will definitely tune in for tonight's show.

Sounds like Leighton was not at his best last night - I really hope he is ok. I love his shows and will miss him when he finally leaves his QVC presentations to Nina. She's nice enough but for me there's something hypnotic about Leighton's style and I always end up buying far, far more than I need (well, that's my excuse anyway - he hypnotises me!).

Latest posts

Back