• OPI

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Nails Inc

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Red Carpet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What I want to know is; how on earth does a bloke get involved with 'inventing' colours for nail varnish in the first place for gawds sake ??? Did he have a lightbulb moment 8 years ago (number of years on qvc) and raided his mum's bathroom cabinet and thought he could do better - but then, the promos say he's been in the beauty industry for 20 years, but what as ? a painter and decorator ?

I'd love to know what his passport says as a profession; nail technician ? nail varnish manufacturer? nail varnish colour inventor ? nail painter to the celebs? the mind boggles.

Oh, I'm sure it is something very grand.

When Himself started out he was an Accountant, plain and simple.

"What does daddy do?"
"Sums"

Over the years, the title changed until he was 'The Financial Controller'. The girls got confused and called him 'The Fat Controller'
Well it was the era of 'Thomas the Tank' though in fairness he is not fat ....

On Nina's website it says that she is the daughter of a German catwalk model and English rock musician.

Any ideas? :cheeky:

What I want to know is; how on earth does a bloke get involved with 'inventing' colours for nail varnish in the first place for gawds sake ??? Did he have a lightbulb moment 8 years ago (number of years on qvc) and raided his mum's bathroom cabinet and thought he could do better - but then, the promos say he's been in the beauty industry for 20 years, but what as ? a painter and decorator ?

I'd love to know what his passport says as a profession; nail technician ? nail varnish manufacturer? nail varnish colour inventor ? nail painter to the celebs? the mind boggles.

Nothing. Because your profession isn't shown on your passport. Never has been!

Your occupation used to be shown on your passport. My partner back in the early 80s had "military" as his occupation and it used to raise eyebrows when we travelled. We did a day trip to a Greek Island from Turkey I think and there was a right old to do. They weren't keen to let him in!

I don't know when it changed but its not shown any more.

It's the best remover I've ever used, so kind on the nails and cuticles - it does so much more than just remove polish.

Which one are we talking about please? I seem to have missed it and I am about ready to get my next bottle.

Which one are we talking about please? I seem to have missed it and I am about ready to get my next bottle.
Hi, its the Leighton Denny Essential Remover (Acetone Free). Its gentle and contains 5 essential oils.

I read about Lena White in the March edition of Good Housekeeping.

Just seen it, mum has the mag and my goodness at first glance you would think Lena has had work done but on reading article it tells you that she had a bad fall which shattered one side of her head, a stroke and breast cancer, all in the last 7 years!

Liz Earle, her mum and daughter are featured too!

Last edited:
I've had peeling issues with LD polishes too. And I do find it a tad strange that, whenever he introduces a new colour, it's as if he's being really inventive, when both OPI and Nails Inc have been selling the same or similar odours and finishes for several months.

Is what I was going to say. He is always behind the times.

Hi, its the Leighton Denny Essential Remover (Acetone Free). Its gentle and contains 5 essential oils.
I should think so for the RRP DJ! Good job you got yours in the TSV!:nod:
I've just filled in the gaps from the nails inc one I did 3 days ago, (no one will notice lol). I don't think any of them are long lasting, altho I must try OPI or use the glitter one from nails inc as that's like cement according to the reviews.

Latest posts

Back