Nails inc vs Leighton Denny vs OPI

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, just an update first, the LD lasted a whole week! Gobsmacked to say the least
BUT
God I am so fickle......

Has anyone seen the KISS trio sets in ASDA?
OMG, three polishes to ombré your nails.
I have tried to do this with sponges and never got it right. I know know how to do it and just need a bit of practice.
I got the blue set, a pale silvery blue, a deep turquoise and a turquoise glitter.
You put a couple of the light blue coats on and leave to dry
Then, just on upto a third of your nail, you put the deep turquoise then before it dries you put the glitter on about half your nail, over the deep turquoise.
£9 for the set of three.

I think you could do it with any light, medium and dark colours

Okay, I am going to be completely honest here and admit straight away that I am OPI trained,so I may be slightly biased towards them, but bear with me.

Obviously top of my list is OPI, I find it works for me, I like the bottle (easy to hold while working), the cap isn't bulky to hold while applying and the brush makes application a breeze, I also find OPI lasts really well. One OPI product I cannot recommend enough is Bond Aid/Chip Skip, I didn't think it would make a massive difference, but it does, my manicures definitely last longer when I use it.

Next I would actually go for China Glaze, I find the staying power really good and my nails are chip free for a good length of time, they are also really glossy polishes. They also have some fabulous collections coming out this year with really different effects.

I hate to say this, but I don't rate Nails Inc or Leighton Denny polishes, but some of their other products are brilliant. Leighton's polishes just seem to bubble on me no matter how thin or thick I apply them and they don't seem to last, even with my beloved Seche Vite top coat. I used to love Nails Inc, but they seem to have got really lazy with their collections recently (not just on QVC) and it just seems to be the same things, but in different colours.

Really cheeky of me to add this in, but if you want a gel system that doesn't damage your natural nail you can't go wrong with OPI gels, I trained last October, fully intended to just do the training & nothing else, go back to doing everything the same as before, in the end I left with the starter kit and the lamp and had a serious dent in my bank account! I can't fault it though, no buffing of the nail before applying and no harsh removal either. I have one client who wrecked her natural nails with Red Carpet Manicure and we have managed to nurse her nails back to health as the OPI gel has worked more as a protective layer than anything else.

Latest posts

Back