• OPI

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Nails Inc

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Red Carpet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have Rimmel 60 second quick drying polish on my toe nails and it always lasts 5 weeks - no base or top coat because I'm too impatient to wait for all those different layers to dry.

Does anyone remember seeing Leighton on "May the best house win"?

I did! None of the other contestants had a clue who he was.

Last edited:
Yep, apologies to those who swear by it but I tend to agree. Denny's lasts about as long as the cheapest you can get on my nails. Chips & peels & really a wasted effort for me putting it on.
Just my personal view but the odd times I have watched him he irritates the hell out of me! All "them top tips" are basics I already know ta very much.
I'm probably bitter as his items were a cause of a wasted money TSV for me.

OH YES, HOF HAVE GOT A NAILS INC SALE ON, SOME £70-£75 KITS GOING FOR £25, £25 KITS FOR £12.50 just in case anyone was interested, I bought 3 colour set yesterday so I know it was still on then.:wink:

I agree, they don't last longer then a day on me. And I think his top coats are poo as well, take ages to dry, even with all the drippy drops and sprays. Soz Leighton, in case you've popped in... :wave:

For colour, Leighton every time. I always think OPI, Nails Inc etc colours look good until you put Leighton's next to them and then suddenly the others look boring! I don't have any more or less of a problem with staying power with Leighton than with any other range, but for me it's Red Carpet all the way now cos of the non-existent drying time. Come on Leighton give us gel polishes in your fab colours, RCM's are a bit dull in all honesty!

I quite like Leighton. I can see him rocking up in London with an accent that would have made many dismiss him and trampling his way to the top! We hail from the same area originally, I imagine him twenty years ago in the salon he used to have down Ivegate doing the nails of the stroppy young Bradford lasses (who? moi?) and saying "I'm meant for better fings than you lot..."

I'm now going to say probably the most unpleasant nay bitchy thing I've ever said on the forum [frantically searches through posting history...] Leighton's shows are ruined for me by the presence of Nina. I'm sure she's a lovely girl (caveat, caveat) but I can't escape the sense that she's never got over being 'just' a hand model rather than the next Kate Moss. Off for a lie down...

Anyone remember when Lena White (mother of the OPI chuckle sisters) was the OPI guest? She was a great loose cannon and in a fight with Leighton and the Nails Inc rep Lena would win hands down!

OPI for consistent good quality and beautiful colours.

DD bought a set of 4 nail polishes in the Boots 75% off sale. It's packaged to look like a stick of rock. The colours are all cream colours, they go on perfectly in one coat, dry quickly and last a week easily. I wish she'd bought 2 or 3 as they work great as a base for other colours making them last. My advice is don't dismiss cheap polish, George at Asda do a great range for a quid a bottle atm.

Nails Inc and Leighton Denny polishes aren't consistent quality which puts me off ordering more in case I get another lemon.

Jude xx

I remember Lena. Use to make me laugh how she would have a hissy fit if someone said polish instead of lacquer.

I wouldn't have known either if I hadn't seen him on QVC - doesn't he have a tanning booth in his garden?

His crystal nail files are very good though...........

I wouldn't have known either if I hadn't seen him on QVC - doesn't he have a tanning booth in his garden?

Hmmm having seen the colour of his tan each to their own but I'd never use it. It's such a competitive market now & there's some great natural ones out there in all depths. (Superdrug's own wins hands down for me & I've tried most. It's the only one I can use on my face too without break outs or eye irritation). I belive it's called "Solait"

Does anyone remember the "FX" nail art range Q did some time back? I loved some of their foils & transfers.:nod: The french lace & chinese intricate ming designs they did were amazing, so pretty and detailed. I've seen them on Ebay but haven't seen the pretty designs Q used to do in their range since.

Hint to QVC....If you really want to attract the "hip'n'happening posse" may I suggest that you do some nail art again for starters. :wink: The nail bars that do it aren't booked out for nothing.

Last edited:

Yeah his crystal files are the only items from his brand I use.

For me OPI lasts longest but the girls are dull dull dull. i see this range as very grown up and imagine glamorous older ladies wearing it.

Cant warm to Leighton and think the ever present Nina is an uppety mare but he does seem to be the best technician. Controversial but i see this as a more chav range (ducks now!!)

I buy most Nails inc. It doesnt last the best but is the most trendy and always first with new textures and tricks. I can relate to Heather and loved Helen before her!

Last edited:
Nina reminds me of Gail "chinless" Tildsley/Potter/Metcalf/Platt (have I missed any surnames?)

Jude xx

It would have to paint and file my nails for me at that price.

.... and feed you grapes? ha ha, there is half a litre on one container alone without the other two.. I know it's pricey compared to others available in the DHS but I find others including OPIs equivalent too drying on my nails so they split.

I did!
Thought he was lovely on it, treating all the other contestants to free manicures & kits. They were all a bit snotty with him though.
I think he's great, down to earth, knows his stuff & gives as good as he gets without being nasty.
And his polishes are gorgeous colours. They don't last more than a few days on me but neither do OPI or Nails Inc so no worse & not so boring as OPI. Only Revlon last on me, especially the brilliant Colourstay which they discontinued in this country for some unknown reason.

It was bugging me who Nina reminded me of, definitely Debbie McGee x Gail Platt !!! Always looks like she has a bad smell on her upper lip.

Last edited:
I remember Lena. Use to make me laugh how she would have a hissy fit if someone said polish instead of lacquer.

wonder what she said if anyone said varnish which is what it's called by everyone i know.

nina isn't 'just a hand model' though is she - she's been the guest in his absence. and she does look like debbie mcgee.

he seems to think he invented glass files.

nina isn't 'just a hand model' though is she - she's been the guest in his absence. and she does look like debbie mcgee.

he seems to think he invented glass files.

I agree she is a lot more than a hand model and has flown solo on occasions. She also does a lot of public speaking/conference stuff now as well. She's really not snooty, I think it's taken her a while to be comfortable on live TV - she shared her apprehensiveness on Twitter once when she was doing her first public speaking event. Some of us demonstrate our vulnerability in different ways - as I've said before she's lovely to talk to face to face.

I do understand the 'lookie likey' comments especially the comparison with Debbie on a physical level, but she's more than a distraction whilst the magician undertakes a bit of slight of hand.

Latest posts

Back