• OPI

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • Nails Inc

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Red Carpet

Votes: 8 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the interest of balance (Oliver), I cant abide the plain one from the OPI sisters either.

May have to tune into the launch of the TSV, as JF is presenting. Just for entertainment value.
Want to see how she's going to drool over everything, when she's always banging on about Nails Inc and Porchester Square being absolutely her favourite ever colour. :rolleyes: :p

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Out of the list, I find the OPI the longest wearing, I still buy the occasional LD from TK Maxx but now wouldn't touch Nails Inc with a barge pole, as it chips far too easily. I haven't tried RCM so can't comment, but after the rave reviews that I've read on here, I'm really hoping that the next RCM TSV is the sort of colours that I wear as I would love to try it.

here we go again 'it's £97 worth' 'i'll never be able to do this value again'. um, no - it's £37 worth - that's the qvc price. why do people still fall for this?

Still remember when LD did a show with Julia where everything was wrong - the camera angles, the set. He even started to move the furniture around. A right queeny strop.

I like Leighton's products. His treatments are the ones that l've seen the best results from after using, OPi, Essie and nails Inc. treatments. I also like A-England, OPl, Essie and a fair few of the indie brands too.

he does the best demo's i shudder when i see the nails inc demos , there far from professional , dabs of polish on skin etc , not a good advert for a pro nail techie person imo

I have used opi ld & nails inc & i have just discovered stargazer polishes for 2 or 3 quid a bottle, the shine rivals the nail inc & ld colours i have used & I will even go as far as saying it didnt chip anywhere near as soon as the expensive ones

None of the Q brands for me because none of them are cruelty-free. I use Mavala or Spa Ritual.

I don't watch any of the nail shows because I only ever use something from Boots on the toenails and that's it for now. I may venture further! But I voted for OPI because I have seen it raved about on beauty blogs I read time and again.

All them top tips!!! Kind of cute, kind of horrifying at the same time.

I have 5 brands in my nail varnish stash. OPI, Nails Inc, Chanel, Deborah Lippman and Nubar. The majority are OPI as I think they make for the best application, nothing beats their brush, and this is why they are my favourite. For longevity they are all similar, I don't expect a nail varnish to last more than 3 days. I always base and top coat and currenly use OPI ones.
Chanel Peridot is the colour I get most comments on, even my dad said he liked it!
Deborah Lippman makes the best glitters, Ruby Red Slippers and Across The Universe are my favouties.
Nubar are cruelty free and have no formaldehyde, toluene or phthalate, and the colours are beautiful, I am currently wearing Raspberry Truffle which is a rich chocolate with red shimmer.
And my last word goes to Nails Inc who imo are the worst. The colours are pretty yes, but the brush is horrible, short and stubby and the lid is awkward to hold as it's too chunky. They also stain my nails even with a base coat. I rarely wear these and will probably throw them all out.

I like Leighton as a guest. He is by far the best and fastest at getting the polish on the nails. I'm sure he can have a strop but most people who've met him say he's really sweet.

I wear OPI, LD and Nails Inc and the odd bottle from the high street. My instinct is to say OPI because i love their colours and they last well but when I really think about it the brand I use most is LD. I prefer natural nails to colours and his Brilliance Shield makes my nails look like a French manicure in one coat. I do also use Nail Envy but I would never use that without colour or LD clear over the top. I also love his cuticle oil and the glass file.

Anyone remember when Lena White (mother of the OPI chuckle sisters) was the OPI guest? She was a great loose cannon and in a fight with Leighton and the Nails Inc rep Lena would win hands down!

OPI for consistent good quality and beautiful colours.

DD bought a set of 4 nail polishes in the Boots 75% off sale. It's packaged to look like a stick of rock. The colours are all cream colours, they go on perfectly in one coat, dry quickly and last a week easily. I wish she'd bought 2 or 3 as they work great as a base for other colours making them last. My advice is don't dismiss cheap polish, George at Asda do a great range for a quid a bottle atm.

Nails Inc and Leighton Denny polishes aren't consistent quality which puts me off ordering more in case I get another lemon.

Jude xx

He came on here and threw a right queeny strop. Do not let this influence your vote though :)

I remember. I actually praised his stuff and the eejit flamed me.
The bad day I allude to was at a trade show over here, but as I said, things weren't exactly peachy.

Ooh When was this ? I must have missed it. They never do themselves any favours when they come on here kicking off because they don't like what's been said.

I like Leighton, he seems down to earth. Love his demos, he really knows his stuff. Like the banter he has with Alison. Love nail products but none stay on my nails, all brands soon chip on me. I'd love nice nails but nothing I have used has worked. My nails are peeling at the moment. I like todays TSV. Not bought a nails inc TSV in ages because I've not liked the colours.

There was no evidence it was actually him....personally I doubt he'd give a toss what was said here. Love him, love his products, love his treatments. So there! I had mine done at the bash a week ago and still going strong.

I have Rimmel 60 second quick drying polish on my toe nails and it always lasts 5 weeks - no base or top coat because I'm too impatient to wait for all those different layers to dry.

Does anyone remember seeing Leighton on "May the best house win"?

Leighton Denny polish just peels right off my nails!
Yep, apologies to those who swear by it but I tend to agree. Denny's lasts about as long as the cheapest you can get on my nails. Chips & peels & really a wasted effort for me putting it on.
Just my personal view but the odd times I have watched him he irritates the hell out of me! All "them top tips" are basics I already know ta very much.
I'm probably bitter as his items were a cause of a wasted money TSV for me.

OH YES, HOF HAVE GOT A NAILS INC SALE ON, SOME £70-£75 KITS GOING FOR £25, £25 KITS FOR £12.50 just in case anyone was interested, I bought 3 colour set yesterday so I know it was still on then.:wink:

Last edited:
Anyone remember when Lena White (mother of the OPI chuckle sisters) was the OPI guest? She was a great loose cannon and in a fight with Leighton and the Nails Inc rep Lena would win hands down!

OPI for consistent good quality and beautiful colours.

DD bought a set of 4 nail polishes in the Boots 75% off sale. It's packaged to look like a stick of rock. The colours are all cream colours, they go on perfectly in one coat, dry quickly and last a week easily. I wish she'd bought 2 or 3 as they work great as a base for other colours making them last. My advice is don't dismiss cheap polish, George at Asda do a great range for a quid a bottle atm.

Nails Inc and Leighton Denny polishes aren't consistent quality which puts me off ordering more in case I get another lemon.

Jude xx

Oh yes I remember her!!!! :hi:

Latest posts

Back