Lee Hobeins hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Just flicked on QVC ( it will only be one a minute as the electrical home is on). Good grief what does Lee Holbein's hair look like? Seriously that man is becoming a caricature of himself. He looks being ridiculous, l think he is trying to look young and trendy but is failing miserably.

The sort of mini mohawk was bad, but this quiffy pompadour look is even worse. It looks great on some guys, but Lee, unfortunately, doesn't have what it takes to carry off the look.

Mind you, he needs something to distract us all from wondering why he has so little of real substance to say about the products he presents. I can't remember her name, but the IT guest on Ideal World is better at explaining how the item does things... of course she only gets let loose on things like the HANNspree. But she speaks clearly and explains what she's doing as she does it.

I like Lee.

He used to irritate me, but i have kind of relaxed, and now i find him rather endearing. He loves his cat, his Ma, his neighbour. His hair is always transmogrifying (colour and style) into the next trend, and he is desperately trying to hide his little tum. He prepares for his presentations, tries to aim them at techno-dunces, and nearly wets himself with excitement at new, shiny, geekish gadgets.

I'm actually fond of him. And i don't think i can say that about anyone else on the Q.

i like lee too! love the fact that hes actually got so much hair that people think its a wig. and he has lovely eyes:mysmilie_12:

Why the fascination with the origin of Lee's hair? I do not think, or care whether or not, it is a wig. The guy is on air to do a job and, personally, I do not think there is anything in the least offensive about his appearance, exactly the opposite.
I like Lee, and his enthusiasm about all things techie, is evident. Ask him a question on twitter, and he ALWAYS replies, unlike some of the main presenters.

Last edited:
I brought this up on a Thread a few weeks ago, when he first aired with his stupid hair cut. He looks a plonker, as most blokes do who sport this style. They see someone like squeaky voiced Beckham and they follow like sheep.

I've always been annoyed at his presenting skills, or lack of them. Very good at verbal diarrhoea, but actually says nothing. I've often sat waiting for him to tell me how a pc works, but no, he just says "it does this, it does that, it does it does it does.............", then presses quick fire buttons and brings up stuff that no-one know how to access in real life. When auditioning he clearly blinds his potential employer with the gift of the gab.

Why the fascination with the origin of Lee's hair? I do not think, or care whether or not, it is a wig. The guy is on air to do a job and, personally, I do not think there is anything in the least offensive about his appearance, exactly the opposite.
I like Lee, and his enthusiasm about all things techie, is evident. Ask him a question on twitter, and he ALWAYS replies, unlike some of the main presenters.

I would never trust him after giving the wrong information out during a Midnight launch and it wasn't correct till early evening the next day .

brissles, this annoys me too. They give you a load of old verbals you don't need or want to know, but don't tell you the basics you do need. Seems they are on TV purely for their own benefit, not the viewers. If you go to a shop to buy electrical equipment you want your questions answered, not somebody jumping around and telling you how to split the atom. Really winds me up when Q fashion presenters are rambling on without telling you if the fit of something is generous or fitted, what the material is, is it dry clean, etc.
I brought this up on a Thread a few weeks ago, when he first aired with his stupid hair cut. He looks a plonker, as most blokes do who sport this style. They see someone like squeaky voiced Beckham and they follow like sheep.

I've always been annoyed at his presenting skills, or lack of them. Very good at verbal diarrhoea, but actually says nothing. I've often sat waiting for him to tell me how a pc works, but no, he just says "it does this, it does that, it does it does it does.............", then presses quick fire buttons and brings up stuff that no-one know how to access in real life. When auditioning he clearly blinds his potential employer with the gift of the gab.

I would never trust him after giving the wrong information out during a Midnight launch and it wasn't correct till early evening the next day .

I work in technology sales and can, consequently, understand the necessity to provide the customer with the correct info about the product. It all comes down to training, with which we are provided constantly, and knowing your products inside out. My only annoyance is, his hair has nothing to do with how he presents, whether good or bad. There are more things to worry about in life. Mind you, as a constant worrier, I should take my own advice!

On the subject of men's hair, can there be a worse style than the 'man bun' that a lot of young so called trendy types are sporting at the moment?

if the guy is young,good looking, has nice bone structure and nice hair i'd say go for it

On the subject of men's hair, can there be a worse style than the 'man bun' that a lot of young so called trendy types are sporting at the moment?

Yes!

But the REALLY worst look at the moment is that ridiculously bushy beard with very short hair.

The absurdity is incredible. The unsexiness is stratospheric, and anyone sporting that style just proves their trend-led stupidity, every time they step outside the door.

Interestingly, the only time i have seen that style on the Q is that grey haired camp bloke who presents for the NY designer. The one who blathers about 'inspiration being the most important thing' in his promo.

i like lee too! love the fact that hes actually got so much hair that people think its a wig. and he has lovely eyes:mysmilie_12:

I'm warming to Lee these days too! Caught some of his shows last night with Debbie F and really enjoyed some of his Tech Geek chat - actually found it interesting and learned a few things too...:mysmilie_48:

Yes!

But the REALLY worst look at the moment is that ridiculously bushy beard with very short hair.

The absurdity is incredible. The unsexiness is stratospheric, and anyone sporting that style just proves their trend-led stupidity, every time they step outside the door.

Interestingly, the only time i have seen that style on the Q is that grey haired camp bloke who presents for the NY designer. The one who blathers about 'inspiration being the most important thing' in his promo.

Ah - my least favourite guest: Julian "BOOM!" Bennett who guests for Isaac Mizrahi. Good quality clothing though, I have to say. I've bought some of the tshirts - lovely and soft and wash beautifully. Natural materials too.

There are a lot of very retro hairstyles for guys at present. They seem to be rocking a look that stops at the 1950s, but stretches back to the turn of the 20th Century - short back & sides with brilliantined hair on top, plus beard - super-retro... and not a good look at all.

I've seen guys with beards that are a separate life form from the person who has grown the beard - quite terrifyingly bushy. And they look very unkempt to me. Neatly trimmed beards I have no problem at all with, but the monsters some guys present, definitely unattractive.

Last edited:
I agree MML , these young fellas pitch up at the barbers and imagine that every modern haircut will suit their face. In fact its the opposite, most look quite unattractive, and glad I'm no longer young enough for it to bother me, cos I'm shallow enough to take one look at a beard or someone with a Lee hairstyle and walk in the opposite direction !!!!! Cant beat the hair of George Clooney, or the Aurora guy with the deep brown voice !!! sigh !

lee has got nice hair though. its thick and good quality. he has lovely smiley blue eyes and nice hands when he is showing all the virtues of the laptops that i will never buy barring the apple one

I had to chuckle at this Post. I can just imagine my old Dad if I brought someone home with the 'man bun' - in his true Yorkshire bluntness, he would have said "is he a Martha or an Arthur ?" !!

I had to chuckle at this Post. I can just imagine my old Dad if I brought someone home with the 'man bun' - in his true Yorkshire bluntness, he would have said "is he a Martha or an Arthur ?" !!

thas so funny martha or arthur

I like Lee as a person: he's warm and passionate and usually a happy chappy BUT that doesn't mean I do't think that his new hair cut is ridiculous! It reminds me of something my little brother had as a 9/10 year old in the early nighties and I don't think it works on a man of Lee's age... It looks a bit try-hard as if he's desperately trying to hang on to his youth ;)
Mind you it takes guts to go on air like that and the strong risk of people taking the mic!

His look in general always strikes me as a bit 'wide-boy' with the jeans and jacket and pocket hanky. But he does always look smart and makes an effort....

Incidentally does he ever mention an off-air partner (male or female)??
Only ever heard him talk about his very cute cat, his mum and his "on-air wife", Debbie Flint!
Not that it's any of my business, I know, just curious!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back