Laura Geller TSV - Wednesday 29th February 2012

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't but help feel that something is wrong here. Why are they keeping schtum about the SPF? Surely it's a selling point? Or are we being sold the duff batch the US QVC customers were complaining about in their reviews. It would make sense then that QVC UK are keeping quiet about the SPF

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

AY can never shut up about protecting ourselves from the sun because it AGES us, but today she was very quiet about it but could've made a very big meal out of it.
ps I think I got it - qvc can't make false claims but they were not sure if it had spf or not. I even think that they may have put the wrong stickers on the pots, let's say the BB has no spf, but the sticker says SPF15 or vise versa (lots of things went through my mind today and can you blame me?)

AY can never shut up about protecting ourselves from the sun because it AGES us, but today she was very quiet about it but could've made a very big meal out of it.
ps I think I got it - qvc can't make false claims but they were not sure if it had spf or not. I even think that they may have put the wrong stickers on the pots, let's say the BB has no spf, but the sticker says SPF15 or vise versa (lots of things went through my mind today and can you blame me?)

But then a couple of times Laura Geller mentioned it contained SPF both on air and on her FB page (mind you she did say it was Champagne Spackle and then said it was the Original version later). Something isn't right here..

I wonder if the UK TSV is a mixed batch of random oddments and some people will get the SPF version and others won't.

And I don't think they raved enough that there will be no BB in TSV until 2013, they could really make a big selling point. They did mention it - twice on my memory. If it's Hydrofloral or PCMC they rave all day that there will be no more this year, and Ladies, stock up on it while you can, buy three, buy four to take you through untill the next TSV.

Last edited:
I can't but help feel that something is wrong here. Why are they keeping schtum about the SPF? Surely it's a selling point? Or are we being sold the duff batch the US QVC customers were complaining about in their reviews. It would make sense then that QVC UK are keeping quiet about the SPF

This sounds more like it. But a launch of a new product newer went that quetly.
Notmally it's talking 20 minutes about a new product and forgetting the other four.
May be that is why we are not getting BB until 2013 because they need to rectify a lot of things, perhaps reformulate it completely?

I wonder if the UK TSV is a mixed batch of random oddments and some people will get the SPF version and others won't.

It certainly was an oddly matched TSV. The Berry Blush and the pink and blue eyeshadow are hardly complimentary to each other when you use them together. I ordered the TSV (regretting it though). If I keep it, I'll keep the B&B and the Spackle (assuming the B&B is OK) and eBay the rest.

I want to like it and keep the lot, let's see.
BTW the photo on website for single BB SPF15 is nothing what it was on presentation and the brush as well.

Last edited:
I want to like it and keep the lot, let's see.
BTW the photo on website for single BB SPF15 is nothing what it was on presentation and the brush as well.

I think they may have used a photo of a Bronze and Brighten by mistake - hence the dark pigments and the shorter brush.

We should all take screen shots of the TSV and the B&B listings and then complain if the actual product differs.

Just to add to the confusion the single item 200799, for the SPF B&B with brush, shows a still photo of the the big fat retractable brush whereas the clip of the item taken from the show with Debbie Flint shows the standard retractable brush. At the intro price of <£25 I'd be tempted if it came with the the bigger brush (it's very good brush). Does anyone know which brush it actually comes with? I'll probably wait til the dust settles.

I hope everyone gets whatever option they thought they'd ordered!

Shown on air with regular brush but pic showed jumbo one, another cock up!

i think tan went and medium was limited by the time of the last show(thanks to the football i actually got to watch qvc lol).
so proud of myself, i didnt buy a thing all day and i was so tempted by the tsv by the end of the day even thought i have nearly everything in it lol

This was what I was beginning to wonder too, a way of selling all the odds & sods without being caught out by the description.

I'd ordered the separate SPF B&B after noticing it came with the bigger brush in the picture on the website. Then on air it showed the normal brush & Laura said it looked like they'd put the wrong picture up on air too, a picture of the big B & bronzer! What a mess!

I didn't go for the TSV as was not impressed with the shades of the eyeshadow and blusher.
I'm hoping to replace the crumbled B&B that hubby threw in the spare room whilst clearing out for decorating, from my makeup stash.
Only problem was I needed a porcelain for DD for her birthday to save further mess from BE on her dressing table and thankfully her laminate floor.
So I decided against a porcelain TSV with me not wanting the four other items, and went for the spf single B&B.
I too thought it would also have a decent retractable large brush, for quick less messy application for her.
Being Bags and always being behind from your comments in this thread, has there been a problem with the last US TSV or the spf B&B please?

Last edited:
my supersize balance and bronze(in fair) arrived this morning. i neednt have worried about all of the pink, it looks very natural.
it looks like a brighter, shinier version of balance and brighten medium. from a distance it's a sheen but close up it has a touch of glitter in it

My LG TSV arrived today and what a disappointment. I thought the eyeshadows looked a bit dodgy when I looked at the photo on the QVC website, but in real life the colours are soooooo '80s. Pink and blue eyeshadow. And the Berry blush is far too dark. Anyway, PLAN A was to like it all and keep it. PLan B was to keep the BnB and Spackle and flog the rest on Ebay and make half the TSV price back. Looks like I'm opting for Plan B and the eyeshadow, eye spackle, blush and bag have hit Ebay.

the lighter version but yes. it def looks like they have the bronzer pic up for the B&B. the kabuki is wonderful so heres hoping that it isnt a mistake
I do like what I see on this picture. It looks more like a blush, not BB

Latest posts

Back