Laura Geller TSV 9/4/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:wonder: Yes, that's the one Ian has already posted.

Hi, I posted the link to the video on YouTube because I was unable to view the one on Facebook (as I don't have an account) - I thought it would help people, as not everyone has Facebook.

Hi, I posted the link to the video on YouTube because I was unable to view the one on Facebook (as I don't have an account) - I thought it would help people, as not everyone has Facebook.

Yes it does help, thank you. People often post what others have posted and anyone is entitled to post so please don't worry about it. I don't use LG any more but when I did I never bought from QVC as I'm sure many other people don't so thanks again for the heads up. :mysmilie_3:

a little tip you dont acutally need a facebook account to watch the video as i tested it on all different browsers & managed to watch it without having to have an account as if you did i wouldnt of posted it

a little tip you dont acutally need a facebook account to watch the video as i tested it on all different browsers & managed to watch it without having to have an account as if you did i wouldnt of posted it

I clicked on your link to watch the video via Facebook and it didn't take me to the video. It took me to the login page. I don't have a Facebook account, hence.... that's why I posted the YouTube link.

I clicked on your link to watch the video via Facebook and it didn't take me to the video. It took me to the login page. I don't have a Facebook account, hence.... that's why I posted the YouTube link.

It is no problem to have posted Youtube link, am sure it will have helped others, not everyone has Facebook and sometimes you can view things on it without an account and sometimes you can't.

But you can view the video on Facebook, I don't have an account there and it worked. That's why I was a little irritated when the same video was posted again.

You're probably like me, I have nothing to do with Facebook either and wether you need an account or not, I'd much prefer to watch a clip on YouTube, so thanks again and keep them coming.

But you can view the video on Facebook, I don't have an account there and it worked. That's why I was a little irritated when the same video was posted again.

Please respect that it doesn't work for everyone, everyone has different computers, tablets, phones, browsers etc.....

This gets bl**dy silly. This is a forum, anybody yes anybody can post videos whether they`ve been posted before or not. I often don`t read from the beginning of a thread and so I frequently miss information/videos which might have been posted at the start and we`d all be rich if we had a pound for everytime the same comments, complaints, items, links etc are written time after time so why object to someone posting a video twice ?

As I said before, the link to view the video on Facebook did not work for me, it took me to the login page but I don’t have an account. As I couldn’t see the video, I assumed other people might not be able to see it, so I posted a link to view it on Youtube.

I don’t see why it’s been made into a big thing but at least now, it’s made some people aware that certain links don’t work for everyone!

Now, less move on and get back to what we came here for…. The Laura Geller TSV!!!

Laura Geller TSV.jpg

I'm going to pass yet again, but I will say that the lipstick in this TSV is lovely (I bought the set of 4 marble lipsticks and it's my favourite out of them, a lovely rich pink colour), I rate the spackle (already have 2 in the stash) and I agree with another poster that LG eyeshadows are great (good pigment pay off and they last on my oily lids without creasing pretty much all day).

What's putting me off the TSV is the B&B (colours totally wrong for my yellow-toned light/medium skin) and the blush which just looks kinda cheap n cheerful, like something you'd get in a pound shop...sorry.

I'm kinda "over" Laura Geller (the range, not the lady herself), so I'll watch if Laura is on, check here for OTOs. I have multiples of the items I rate: her baked eye shadow called "Starburst" I use every day with a windscreenwiper movement of my years old bareMinerals Eye Kabuki I could do my shadow in my sleep (sometimes do), I have 3 of each, full-sized (thats the old 9g) of the blush & brighten in pink grapefruit & golden apricot, plus many others that I use less often. A fast-dwindling stockpile of ETHEREAL ROSE POWDER (if you know and love it I'll say no more!!)

I've got part-used Balance & Brighten compacts in each shade from Porcelain (to cool down over-done foundation) to Tan which I use as a bronzer; but now I prefer Mally's 4K powder foundation in Fair it's perfect for Summer over my Alpha H spf plus cream. It's taken a lot of years to realise which combination of Q and shop bought products work best, but does that stop me trying other stuff? No, because I'm weak and foolish.

Back to the TSV, the blusher is going to divide opinion; those of us with pale skin would shy away from. But I have Blush & Brighten in Apricot Berry and Down to Earth which look very dark in the compact but I can still wear them. The TSV blush compact and everything about it screams cheap teenage product from those Christmas sets that Debenhams struggles to shift in the January sales with 70% off.

Laura Geller New Items for TSV Day (prices might change on the day)

Laura Geller 6 Piece Make-up Travel Essentials £41 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231633

Laura Geller Get Ready-n-Go Flawless Face Palette £32.50 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231634

(its this item) http://www.laurageller.com/get-ready-and-go-palette.html

Laura Geller 4 Piece Eye Spackle Hues Kit £23.88 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231636

Laura Geller Color Drenched Lip Gloss Trio £26.50 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231646

Laura Geller Kajal Longwear Eyeliner Trio £29.50 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231647

Laura Geller Gelato Pillow Illuminator Duo £32.50 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231648

Laura Geller Supersized Tahitian Glow with Retractable Brush £24.88 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.231651

I had found an alternative set, 231038 with lippy, B&B and spackle, for £33.76 and £3.95 postage which gives me the bits I want from the TSV abut it has vanished!!! Oh no!!. Perhaps it will come back. So far as I could tell they weren't that short of colours so it seems to have gone very quickly. :sad:

Laura Geller Get Ready-n-Go Flawless Face Palette £32.50 + post
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.as...ms.item.231634

(its this item) http://www.laurageller.com/get-ready...o-palette.html

This item from SCW's post above has been sold before, not sure whether that was on Q under a different item number or other online retailers or in Debenhams. I bought one from ebay for just under £12 delivered; nice colours but not worth over £36. This new item has B&B shade options so maybe there's Balance & Brighten included with an old palette they're trying to shift?

I love Laura Geller blushes and the small eye shadows we got years ago, huge pans and last for years. Before they started down sizing the products and you could get real bargins:up:

I had found an alternative set, 231038 with lippy, B&B and spackle, for £33.76 and £3.95 postage which gives me the bits I want from the TSV abut it has vanished!!! Oh no!!. Perhaps it will come back. So far as I could tell they weren't that short of colours so it seems to have gone very quickly. :sad:

fairly certain thats sold out previously & it sold out from not being on the web if i remember

Laura Geller 6 Piece Beauty Canvas Make-up Collection
Item Number: 228028
QVC Price £59.00
Todays Special Value Price £44.97
P&P £4.95

or 3 Easy Pays of £14.99

This six-piece make-up collection from Laura Geller features the best-selling Balance-n-Brighten foundation along with the new Artistry Blush that can only be found at QVC, plus a host of other fabulous beauty picks. Your face is the canvas and you are the artist: create a range of prize-winning looks, whatever your skill level, with this painter's palette of cosmetics!

Try it here first - the brand new Artistry Blush brightens cheeks with a flush of naturally radiant colour, perfect for freshening up any complexion.

Contains:

1 x Spackle (59ml) - helps to re-texturise the surface of your skin to achieve a flawlessly smooth finish; made with natural plant extracts
1 x Balance-n-Brighten (9g) - in a choice of Porcelain, Fair, Medium, Tan, Deep; features a baked formula that is made up of swirls of neutral-hued liquid pigments baked on terracotta tiles for 24 hours, and then hand-finished by Italian artisans to create a creamy, smooth powder foundation
1 x Artistry Blush (10g) - an artist's palette of shades that give you a natural flush of colour
1 x Baked Color Intense Eye Shadow Split (1.8g) - in Sunstone/Bewitching Bronze; high impact, coloured pigments in a silky, creamy texture. Enriched with jojoba oil, vitamin E, centella asiatica and white tea extract. With two flattering shades, you can create stunning eye looks that truly last
1 x Italian Marble lipstick (3.4g) - in Strawberry Toffee (a classic warm pink with copper undertones); this swirl of light and dark pigments creates a vibrant depth of colour on the lips, while its moisturising formulation provides deeply smoothing and softening benefits
1 x Double Ended Brush - perfect for face and eye make-up application

How to use:
Spackle:

Apply a thin layer over a clean face, under foundation

Balance-n-Brighten:

Use a brush to sweep onto the face, targeting areas of discolouration
Blend well

Artistry Blush:

Sweep onto the apples of the cheeks

Baked Color Intense Eye Shadow Split:

Apply lighter shade all over eyelid and blend well
Brush the darker shade into the eyelid crease and blend well for a pretty, defined eye

Italian Marble lipstick:

Apply directly from the tube
For more precise application, use a lip brush to line and fill in

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.228028

I got an email to buy early but I'm not tempted. Hmmm the blush is a QVC exclusive..never a good sign.

It's a pass from me too, have too many of the staples already, too many shadows in those colours already and I'm not sure what the heck is going on with that blush but it looks like something from the cheapie ranges at Superdrug. Sad to say I think the quality of LG has gone down in the last year or more - the 2016 holiday sets I got were on the whole disappointing (total lack of pigment etc) and her new Island Escapes palette which I really fancied is already getting terrible reviews for the same reason. Shame as LG was one brand that was consistently good and I would buy practically every TSV without a second thought but not any more. Last one I bought was the Lights of Venice and I've hardly touched it : (

Latest posts

Back