Laura Geller TSV 5/12/ 11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

etheral rose is a highlighter but because Laura has a tendancy to think we all have darker skin tones, on fair skin it works as a pale blush. If you can wear BnB regular I'd say wear ER as a highlighter. If you're paler, use it as a blush.

I use it as a blusher but I am very, very pale...think pallid, washed out, ghostly! So not sure about more healthy looking colouring. It does give a lovely effect though, look halfway human & "glowing???" (if only)

I like the look of this one if it is the baked sale stuff, right up my street. Hope they have the Porcelaine B&B in it, better stay up!

Ooo thanks. I'm an olive skinned brunette with dark brunette hair (dyed it has to be said!) with dark brown eyes and black eyebrows. I'm also an outdoor girl so my skin is usually tanned. It would have to be a highlighter for me. I have B&B regular but that's a bit pale after my recent holiday so I'm using BE medium tan at the minute.

I do feel B&B lacks the glow of my preferred BE.

I agree, I started using BE again a few months ago and wonder why I ever changed. I like the ease of BnB and Mally's powder foundation but BE gives me the best finish.

I think the tsv will be the bake sale collection too, I already have some of it, the lipstick is a lovely soft pink swirled with a broze colour, and the eye palette has 2 browns, one is dark enough to be wetted as a liner and a pale pink, which while shimmery isn't too glittery so it can be used as a face highlight. must say I love them.
As for the etereal rose powder I'm deathly pale and use it as blush I usually put some BE ruby radience over it. It's not full on blush but just gives a very light flush and glow.

Just being cheeky :cheeky: but... as there are so many LG fans on here I thought I'd advertise the fact that I'm selling some bits from her last kits over on The Drop.

Late last year and early this year the B&B was out of stock for ages in Fair so I had to buy the kits instead - and haven't used any of the other bits n pieces which have been sitting in a drawer until I decided today that I needed to get a grip and have a sort out.

Also, a B&B compact only lasts me just over a month :sad: - when Laura does her presentations she always says they last for ever... am I just too heavy handed? I use the retractable brush and it does seem to go everywhere sometimes. Any ideas?

I use a flat powder brush to apply it as I find the kabuki brush gives too heavy a coverage. I don't wear mine every day but if I did I'd say it would last me 3 months.

I don't use it every day, but I'm still nowhere near the bottom of my B&B after a couple of years! The regular is slightly pale for me (I add a touch of Bronze & Brighten over the top), but I do use ER as a blusher most days and it's starting to look as if I'm getting distressingly close to the bottom, so must start looking for a replacement. Although I'm not very light skinned, it's my favourite blusher by far and I've tried a few!

Hi all, does anyone use the Laura Geller Phenomenal Foundation? I am tempted to try as need a new one. Thank you

:sad: So where am I going wrong with the application then? May be I need to be less "enthusiastic" with using the brush on the powder. I'm really not applying too much as you can still see me underneath (not like a mask or anything) but if I get 5 weeks out of one then I'm lucky - hence the buying of so many kits.

How many times do you swoosh the brush over your B&B and how many times do you go over each area of your face when you are doing your make-up in the morning?

I do one for each cheek, one for my forehead and one for my chinny chin chin, with maybe one for luck over all the lot if I'm looking a bit pastey. (I did initially type pasty there but then realised that I didn't really ever look like a savoury vegetable based food derived in Cornwall..... :smirk:

After reading this thready poo I too dug out some BE and used that today to compare and contrast and I also reckon I get a better finish from the BE but B&B is easier to use. :confused:

Anyway I'm off to The Drop to see what's for sale!

I am determined to use up my B&B and I do agree it's less faff than BE but I miss that finish. Where B&B wins hands down for me is if I'm in a rush. I can out it on almost straight after my moisturiser and I can't do that with BE. With BE I would get a patchy finish. Now given that I am always in a bliddy rush B&B usually wins in the week.

Had a bit of a brainwave today and used B& B the a radiance and that's a good compromise. The radiance I have is quite golden and it works well on my still tanned olive skin. Wonder if there's an ethereal doodah in the drop??

There is Tink. I almost went for it but have spent loads this week already so I thought i'd best not!

Hope all your wishes come true with this TSV.I am going to prob. resist as have moved away from B&B to a tinted moisturiser with Mineral Veil.At one time I was addicted to Ethereal Rose ( sp!) blusher then it looked a bit cakey.So I moved to Bobbi Brown cream blusher.The thing I really LOVE in Laura's range is the Matt Skin Enhancer not because I have an oily skin but I am in the age of the creapey eyelid & lots of eyeshadows have a sheen which makes the problem a zillion times worse.I dab this on top, SOOOOO much better.Have ordered another tube today.

now there's thing I can't get the hang of, BE mineral veil, I always feel like it darkens my foundation perhaps I'm just being paranoid. I find my B&B lasts between 3 -8 months. I 've taken to using the sponge end of the double ended brush that come with the american vanilla nude collection to apply it and find it gives a good coverage and I use less doing it that way. Still can't get the hang of using a damp sponge for heavy coverage, only ever managed it once.

Here's the next TSV in the USA, if anyone's interested

Laura Geller's All-Stars 5-piece Color Collection

QVC Price: $61.00
Today's Special Value Price:
$49.98

j7uucw.jpg
hv29s4.jpg

Tried-and-tested favorites--all stashed in a one-of-a-kind makeup bag!

Includes: 2 oz. Spackle Under Makeup Primer in Champagne; 0.32 oz. Ba lance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation SPF15, in choice ofPorcelain, Fair, Regular, or Tan; 0.176 oz. Blush-n-Brighten in Pink Grapefruit (beige/mauve/pink); 0.074 fl. oz. Waterproof Eye Spackle; 0.06 oz. Baked Marble Eyeshadow Duo in Amethyst (light pink/lavender) &Starburst (brown/pink/gold); and cosmetics bag.

On Easy Pay and Auto Delivery.

http://tinyurl.com/boxm7am

Ooh very pretty, I'm still not sure of B&B to be honest, I just feel it doesnt give me the coverage, although I might try it out with a sponge. The rest of the kit looks fab though!

I sometimes use a wet foundation brush to apply B&B for the days I need a bit more coverage. It works quite well and gives a good medium coverage.

Any clues yet what we'll get in this kit? Although I really shouldn't, I've already sent the Smashbox and Elemis TSV's to my friend to bring over to Oz at New Year, three TSV's might be taking the mick!

Latest posts

Back