Laura Geller TSV - 13th August

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Guys, I know I've been away for a while, but could somebody please enlighten me on this FART business? I'm a bit confused :confused2:
It seems to have to do with resisting temptation, but there seems to be more to it...

Guys, I know I've been away for a while, but could somebody please enlighten me on this FART business? I'm a bit confused :confused2:
It seems to have to do with resisting temptation, but there seems to be more to it...

It stands for:

FORUMITES
AGAINST
RECKLESS
TSV
SPENDING

We try & help each other resist those purchases we neither really want nor need, e.g. the ones just adding to the skincare stockpile that is already approaching the size of K2! lol

Thanks for the explanation Kitten, it certainly seems a most worthwhile initiatives, I will need FARTS support too at some point or other, I'm sure! (not tempted by this LG TSV anyway, so I should be safe this time :wink2:

Ooh, I wonder if I did lose out to you - ooh - scratch your eyes out ;) (just kidding, lovey). It really is a fab lippy though, so might have a look and see if I can get it this time. It does take a long time to use a lippy up, and in fact just after you mentioned it earlier on I went to look in my make up bag to see if I could find the remnants of my old Venus lippy - it was there, but I can't get any more out of it so it had to go in the bin.

I'm not sure about the TSV, it depends on price and the colour of the lippy - the only product I don't like in the kit is the Bronze Spackle which seems to go a bit too dark on me. Still a great primer, but just too dark...

My first Venus is the only lippie I have ever finished up - even to the point of scraping out every last bit with a lip brush. It sounds as if you did too. I promise I'm not bidding on the one on eBay right now so fingers crossed my lovely! :D I got outbid on a Mally Shimmer Shape and Glow Palette on eBay today but it was far too nice a day to spend it hanging round my pc.

I'm a bit "meh" about the TSV details. How does Sazza do it???? It'll definitely depend on the colours of the lippie for me.

Blimey I may be able to be a good little F.A.R.T. after all! :eek:

i think the venus was in a previous tsv! please correct me if i am wrong.

Yeah it was - I can't remember which one though. I remember Laura saying that Venus was the best selling lipstick on her line. I wish I'd stashed one away when you could buy it on it's own from QVC. :(

Just realised that Venus is there. I'm just a dimmock evidently! :eek:

The swatch looks darker on my monitor than the actual lippie is though. What do you think Cavegirl?

Just realised that Venus is there. I'm just a dimmock evidently! :eek:

The swatch looks darker on my monitor than the actual lippie is though. What do you think Cavegirl?

I couldn't see it either! Then I looked again and there it was...*tuh* ;)

I think that swatch does look overly dark. To me the Venus lippy is like the natural colour of lips but with a very gently shimmery sheen, almost like a 'just snogged' look:angel: (not red raw though ;) )

Oh dear, I'm wavering now that I've seen the photos. I only own one LG blusher which I love and would like more. Anybody used the mascara and eyeliner before? I don't usually use eye pencils as I used to find them scratchy! Any comments? x

I couldn't see it either! Then I looked again and there it was...*tuh* ;)

I think that swatch does look overly dark. To me the Venus lippy is like the natural colour of lips but with a very gently shimmery sheen, almost like a 'just snogged' look:angel: (not red raw though ;) )

Beautiful description my lovely. I think it's that little bit of a sheen that lifts it and makes it so flattering. I may have to go and put some on now - just to admire it! :eek: :D

Oh dear, I'm wavering now that I've seen the photos. I only own one LG blusher which I love and would like more. Anybody used the mascara and eyeliner before? I don't usually use eye pencils as I used to find them scratchy! Any comments? x

For me the mascara was fine. I didn't do a dance of joy over it, but nothing about it bugged me either. I haven't tried any LG linrs so can't help there but LG Blushers are how most of us got sucked in I imagine. They're fab. (Or would it be Balance and Brighten that got most people started? I'm not sure now)

But anyway, Blush and Brightens are pretty cool. If you liked one then the odds are you'd like most of them. I really like that highlighted cheek look that's so easy with Blush n Brightens.

I'll wait until i actually see the colours befopre I decide but I'm not in love with the TSV as it stands so i may be able to be an unexpectedly good little F.A.R.T after all! :D

I hope that blush isn't Etheral Rose although it looks a bit dark to be. I bought Boysenberry on eBay a while back so we don't want that one either! Hmm, I'm a bit torn about this TSV (having just said on another thread that I'm all over it!! :tongue2:). I really fancy a mini BnB for me holiday and have been scouring eBay for one with no luck. I love the blushes and the bronzer, not a huge fan of the mascara and don't wear lipstick. Hmmmm.....

Tx

For me the mascara was fine. I didn't do a dance of joy over it, but nothing about it bugged me either. I haven't tried any LG linrs so can't help there but LG Blushers are how most of us got sucked in I imagine. They're fab. (Or would it be Balance and Brighten that got most people started? I'm not sure now)

But anyway, Blush and Brightens are pretty cool. If you liked one then the odds are you'd like most of them. I really like that highlighted cheek look that's so easy with Blush n Brightens.

I'll wait until i actually see the colours befopre I decide but I'm not in love with the TSV as it stands so i may be able to be an unexpectedly good little F.A.R.T after all! :D

I think I've probably already talked myself out of this TSV. It's difficult without knowing which specific mascara and eyeliners they are but looking at a few reviews on QVC and makeupalley they are not rated too highly. I'm not a big wearer of lipstick and from what I've read on here re: the Balance N Brighten I'm not sure the shade will match my skin tone in any event. The jury's still out until I've seen a presentation - but then again perhaps I should steer clear of it! x

Its £29 and pennies. Picture on price on q active. The last one was much better. Full size and no extras i dont want. Am disappointed matte maker and b n b are out of stock

There's lots and lots of Matte Maker on *B**. :D

I think £29 (plus the ubiquitous £4.45 postage probably) is quite a lot for a set full of "Minis".

Let's hope LG has something better up her sleeve for OTOs.

There's lots and lots of Matte Maker on *B**. :D

I think £29 (plus the ubiquitous £4.45 postage probably) is quite a lot for a set full of "Minis".

Let's hope LG has something better up her sleeve for OTOs.

There is a thread with the otos on. I can only find 1 on there but hope they get it back in stock. Im not a huge fan of that site.much prefer qvc.

Latest posts

Back