L'Artisan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Isnt Florian charming?

I bought the Timbuktu on the strength of his description last time and it's really nice. Totally unique.

The bottles are heavy and classy too.

Love his accent! Have lots of French friends and their accents vary quite a bit, but his accent is what I call 'classic French accent'. His command of English is so much better than Alison's. He is very eloquently spoken. Intelligent, informative and charming - delightful guest presenter.

I am sure I've seen the L'Artisan fragrances on Brand Alley before, but didn't know much about the brand, at the time. Hope they come up again in the sale on BA!

I often spritz myself with Premier Figuier when I walk through Liberty department store :smirk:

Florian is indeed a breath of fresh air, educated, polite and charming. The fragrances sound gorgeous too, will be tempted soon I think. Timbuktu sounds like it may be a good unisex one too.

Oh he's just a beautiful man. Not in "that" sort of way for me personally, but just.....beautiful!

Florian is indeed a breath of fresh air, educated, polite and charming. The fragrances sound gorgeous too, will be tempted soon I think. Timbuktu sounds like it may be a good unisex one too.

have a look on www.basenotes.net and click on "fragrance directory" for loads of reviews.

its a great website, they even have some of Tova's stuff on there!

I wonder if he works in the shop in Covent Garden? Must pop in and see. I do think he is rather nice - a bit camp, but he does have some lovely shirts :tongue:

L'Artisan have discontinued a number of their perfumes and some in the 50mls size, only keeping the 100mls. That is why they are popping up on Brandalley and in TKMaxx. Tea For Two which smells like gingerbread and started life as a candle(I had the candle and bought the perfume because I loved it), it totally discontinued.

I have a number of their perfumes and they are all quality. A guy called Jean François LaPorte started the brand way back, then he sold the company and started Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier another gorgeous range.

Florian is lovely so passionate about the products.

I signed up for L'Artisan newsletters(I am on many a list:nod:), received an invite to the Convent Garden boutique for the launch of their latest perfume.

Last edited:
I loved the atomiser. That was really clever. Saves lugging your 50 or 100ml bottle with you for a weekend away or a night out.

And he was very cute. Ooo didn't realise they had a store in Covent Garden. Will go and have a sniff. Can't get my head around buying a perfume without trying it first.

I don't think I understand the "notes" well enough to take a stab at it Donna. I love rose fragrances but it's not that simple as you well know. I love Jo Malone Red Roses and Frederic Malle Lipstick Rose but I don't like any of the L'Occitane Rose fragrances enough to buy them. Someone explained the difference to me but I'm devilled if I can remember the logic/reason. And then I seem to like things that I didn't ought to like the Davidoff Cool Water and the citrus heavy, quite masculine Acqua di Parma.

My current favourite is Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia.

Wasn't Acqua di Parma created for Cary Grant?

Classy lemon drops! I like it!

Actually both my partner and I wear it. Much as I love it I think it's definitely a masculine fragrance.

ADP do a very beautiful candle too, if you feel inclined to treat yourself. They're a big yellow cube which keeps its shape all through the burn. About £50

Drole de Rose is violets and powdery rose, very pretty.

My favourite L'Artisan was a limited edition from 2007, but they re-released as limited for a short period. Iris Pallida. Their candles are gorgeous too.

Creed always said they created Green Irish Tweed especially for Cary Grant. Then in an interview last year, Olivier Creed let slip he had worked on it all through 1985 and didn't not get it right until 1986. Cary Grant was dead by then. Creed are a very old English taylors and barbers who did not start creating fragrances until at the least early 20th century. Yet tell these stories of making perfumes of Queen Victoria, Empress Eugenie(that one smells very modern indeed), George IV etc.

Latest posts

Back