L"Occitane lost its bunny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why are they now selling to China then, who insist everything is tested on animals. Don"t get it

From small acorns mighty oaks grow.
Women would not have got their rights to vote if there were no suffragettes, who withstood all the discouragement and jeers from some.
Abolition of slavery would not have happened if there were no kind people who thought enslaving another human was wrong.

We are a very small group of animal lovers ("animal Gestapos" :) )but who knows, we might have started the end of cosmetic testing on poor animals
grouphugg.gif

There are so many of you here who are taking a very strong stand.....even if you cannot change the laws in the near future, nobody can take away the good feeling that you are feeling now, every time you avoided a product that was tested on a poor animal.

Hear hear!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Why are they now selling to China then, who insist everything is tested on animals. Don"t get it

The root of all evil - money. No company in their right mind wants to miss out on the sales of a high consumer country like China.

Good luck to them. I think there are a lot of customers in other countries that will be lost, but hey ho, they probably don't care.

What I don't understand is their "we don't condone testing on animals" stance and then start distributing in a country where animal testing is law. Hello?! Obviously not that important. Hypocrites. Hope it makes them happy.

I got the impression that they think if they go into the china market, they will be able to make them see things
differently. Which will never ever happen . :thinking:

They are going to China to make money.
Period.

The folks back home won't like it?
Release a statement.

I got the impression that they think if they go into the china market, they will be able to make them see things
differently. Which will never ever happen . :thinking:

That is what Urban Decay said, along with the helping to change China on women's rights. But after their customers worldwide went nuts and said they would boycott the brand, suddenly we have changed our minds and will not sell in China. See it does work, but of course depends how desperate they are for the money. Look at the sales in Harrods etc twice a year, mostly Chinese standing in the front of the queue buying 12 LV/Mulberry etc handbags at a time. They admit even including flying to London staying in a hotel they save thousands coming to buy in the UK compared to in China. There are lots of very very very wealthy people in China. Don't forget they own America and few other countries now. They bought their debts and lent them money.

As Snarly sees it ... The big trading ship, SS QVC, is pulling into the Chinese harbour. All who have goods on board to sell, must have the right documentation and follow the protocol to trade in that country. If there were no ship, there wouldn't be cargo that need to be compliant. Surely Q, 'with all their buying power', could have negotiated with the Chinese government as to the 'animal testing' requirementof their vendors. I think Q are also culpable. IMO.

They are going to China to make money.
Period.

The folks back home won't like it?
Release a statement.

They will be sailing in dangerous waters too..........China is so well known for their ability in making fakes that are so good that they fool even the buyers for big departments. If they are so clever to make and sell fakes of items not made in China, how soon will we be buying fake Liz Earle, l'Occitane?
I am now expecting fake Lulu bags as well. I was in China about in 2008 and was amazed at the fakes. They had fake Kipling bags and Birkinstokes sandals, that you could not say were fakes, they were that good.

I came across some fake LG online somewhere and it was glaringly obvious. If you do a LG search on ebay there are lots of LG handkerchiefs that look like someone's gran has done some embroidery on!! If anyone has doubts on any LG on ebay, ask for a second opinion off one of her die hard fans, plenty of us on here ;)

caretodiffer, how were you able to tell in the end that they were fakes?

They are not very obvious, Loveinamist, on the Kipling bags, look at the webbing handles and the way they are finished off inside, the lining is not as soft as the authentic bags. Another give away is that they are sold by people who follow you , pestering you to buy them, or in the Chinese market and they have so many of them. If you are lucky, you can find the seconds of the genuine bags.
Birkis, look carefully at the soles and the cork part of them, they do not somehow look like the real ones, but they were very good and were about £15 cheaper and with good haggling most probably I could have got them a lot cheaper.

I came across some fake LG online somewhere and it was glaringly obvious. If you do a LG search on ebay there are lots of LG handkerchiefs that look like someone's gran has done some embroidery on!! If anyone has doubts on any LG on ebay, ask for a second opinion off one of her die hard fans, plenty of us on here ;)

I have not yet bought anything from Ebay because I am so frightened that it might be the case, Capirossi and I so envy so many people who are so confidently buy from Ebay:sad:
Some days I spend a lot of my free time looking through the pages, I so hanker for a Louis Vuitton bag of a certain pattern that one of my friends has and I fell in love with, but I am not willing to pay for a new one:giggle:

In defence, most of the bags on there look like the real thing to me..I have bought off there, the buyer I used seems to buy loads in the sale and advertises them months later. Have a look, you may find a bargain! Give us a shout with the link if you're not sure.

In defence, most of the bags on there look like the real thing to me..I have bought off there, the buyer I used seems to buy loads in the sale and advertises them months later. Have a look, you may find a bargain! Give us a shout with the link if you're not sure.

Will do:bear: I am off to Chicago later this month (hopefully, I have not been able to get a suitable flight), and I am going to look at some Coach bags, they seem the "must have" there at the moment.

L'occitane in China

Re: the situation with L'occitane having their accreditation removed because they are supplying their products to China. On the L'occitane website, they are trying to convince us that, despite this move by BUAV and PETA, L'occitance feels that by working with the chinese authorities "we are more likely to encourage positive dialogue and prove the case for the removal of animal testing for beauty products". To eradicate animal testing from all beauty products does not require a company to trade with a country which has to execute tests on animals prior to the product being allowed to be sold in that country. So whilst I would like to believe that the reason L'occitane decided to do business with China because it felt that it's campaign to ban animal testing could only be assisted, I have a feeling their decision - an erroneous one, imo, - to do business with this communist and, ultimately, inhumane country is a financial one. As was apparent in the previous blog on this subject, L'occitane will alienate many of their customers. Whether L'occitance affiliates performed any testing on animals is no longer the issue; the very fact that they would allow themselves to be associated with a country which not only allows animal testing but insists on it, brings into question the morality of L'occitane. When it comes to making money, it seems that ethics take a back seat. Consequently, L'occitane should not promote themselves as a company to which the removal of unnecessary suffering caused to animals is paramount.

Urban Decay released a statement like this, oh they mentioned women's rights in China too. Then because of the outrage of their customers they decided not to enter the Chinese market at this time.

Re: L'occitane in China

I don't believe that for a second. It's something to cover up the real reason, to throw us off the scent. There are plenty of other toiletries companies out there, I won't miss my L'Occitane. It's vastly overpriced anyway.

Latest posts

Back