L"Occitane lost its bunny

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L'occitane were previously approved to use the leaping bunny logo and now they are not, which is why they had to remove the leaping bunny logo fro their website -their website explains their position. The leaping bunny logo is not only for use by british companies, its an international logo - visit the GoCrueltyFree website to read more about it.

That is what I said in an earlier post on this thread. Peta approved in the US, if the parent company tests then all those that are owned by them loose the approval. Yet with the bunny each company keeps it even if the parent tests.

The Body Shop and LUSH never had the bunny logo yet are very anti testing. I remember reading that you had to apply and pay for the bunny if approved.
By the way the bunny logo is for the British Union only so only British companies will have it. Other countries will have a different system so you if you really want to know need to check that out. The US as I have said does not, so all US products will never have the bunny logo.

Although the body shop may not display the leaping bunny logo they are certified cruelty free - see the GoCrueltyFree website. Not all companies approved will necessarily display the logo, i think they have to pay for a license to use the logo. Also the leaping bunny logo isnt just for use by british companies. The whole curelty free issue is a minefield, so i rely on checking the GoCrueltyFree and LeapingBunnyOrg websites to keep up to date on companies I feel comfortable buying from.

wont be buying any more. I really only buy for gifts (bit expensive for me) so my conscious will be clear and purse better off !!!!!!!!

Lastly (though i could list loads more) good old marks and spencer are approved and have some great skincare and makeup .

I'm all confused now (doesn't take much now though) as I've just checked some M & S Autograph mineral foundation and concealer I have which is BUAV approved but it's made in China.

As far as i know everything that gets sold to China has to be tested on animals, but Marks and Spencer is supposed to be
animal friendly, but im totally confused, and i think its a mine field out there and you have to be careful . Maybe someone
else can help more, but i did read earlier that Bellapiere was animal friendly and got good reviews for mineral make up, on
this thread earlier :wonder:

I'm all confused now (doesn't take much now though) as I've just checked some M & S Autograph mineral foundation and concealer I have which is BUAV approved but it's made in China.

It might be made in China (cheap labour), but it won't be sold there.

I know, I'm all up in the air about it too. Looked on Asda and Tesco websites last night and couldn't find anything, but found an article that said Tesco didn't test and have a focd ( I think that's what it is) of 2007 on all their own brands. It's not just cosmetics I want to change, it's household products too. I think Superdrug are the same with their own brands. From what I've read the companies with this focd are the most trusted. It stands for something something cut off date (maybe it's fcod then!) and means they have legitimately stopped testing since that date. Am only just starting to look into all this so please excuse my ignorance. But am taking a small step by changing my weekly shop to Tesco from next week. I know the synical and uncaring out there will titter but tough. I will do whatever small part I can to help. And I haven't even looked into the whole leather thing before someone jumps down my throat! Isn't it sad that you have to defend/justify your actions and opinions on here these days? :(

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

I know, I'm all up in the air about it too. Looked on Asda and Tesco websites last night and couldn't find anything, but found an article that said Tesco didn't test and have a focd ( I think that's what it is) of 2007 on all their own brands. It's not just cosmetics I want to change, it's household products too. I think Superdrug are the same with their own brands. From what I've read the companies with this focd are the most trusted. It stands for something something cut off date (maybe it's fcod then!) and means they have legitimately stopped testing since that date. Am only just starting to look into all this so please excuse my ignorance. But am taking a small step by changing my weekly shop to Tesco from next week. I know the synical and uncaring out there will titter but tough. I will do whatever small part I can to help. And I haven't even looked into the whole leather thing before someone jumps down my throat! Isn't it sad that you have to defend/justify your actions and opinions on here these days? :(

I too switched to cruelty free on household products - the GoCcrueltyFree website lists brands of household products as well as beuty products. Ive been buying Coop, M&S and Method household products. I can get method in tesco, sainsburys and on the web at BigGreenSmile.com - they stock various beauty and household products and you can search by your preference eg cruelty free. Method products smell great too, not like chemicals at all.

I too switched to cruelty free on household products - the GoCcrueltyFree website lists brands of household products as well as beuty products. Ive been buying Coop, M&S and Method household products. I can get method in tesco, sainsburys and on the web at BigGreenSmile.com - they stock various beauty and household products and you can search by your preference eg cruelty free. Method products smell great too, not like chemicals at all.

Thanks for that. I'll keep an eye out for them in Tesco.

I also ordered the little shopping booklet that someone mentioned, that'll come in handy.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for clarifying the made in China and sold to China bit.

Method products are fab. I've been using them for ages.

Now Tesco, I refuse to shop there. Don't like the fact that they're decimating local shopping areas. One Stop is also owned by Tesco. Oh, and they were still selling live turtles in their Chinese branches in 2011 although can't find out any later dates as yet.

I"v also used the "It cleans Blocks" by QVC, very good, i clean surfaces with them, and also use them instead of the
spray on bottles, and then clean them of with a disposable cloth. Use them on cooker, bath , toilet etc, very good,
just another alternative.

Aug 3rd is last date on this petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/376/494/014/

And frogs Anne:

According to the Tortoise Trust and Care for the Wild International Tesco is involved in selling live turtles and live frogs at its branches in China. The Trust state that “the suffering inflicted on these animals is so extreme that were it to take place in the UK, Tesco directors would undoubtedly face criminal charges. In addition to the most horrendous cruelty, the live turtle and frog trade is acutely environmentally destructive, and is contributing to the rapid extinction of a number of species". Campaigners have launched a petition to campaign against the sale of live turtles in Tesco stores in China.

Argh. So where *are* we supposed to shop?! Tesco dominating the market of supermarkets doesn't bother me. If it wasn't them it would be someone else. I chose Tesco due to their own brands not being tested on animals and my usual, Asda, seem a bit vague. Waitrose and M&S are too expensive for regular shops as is Sainsburys compared to T and A. I'm just going to have to stick to Tesco and buy all their own brand household goods and toiiletries. This is a mine field!!

Aug 3rd is last date on this petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/376/494/014/

And frogs Anne:

According to the Tortoise Trust and Care for the Wild International Tesco is involved in selling live turtles and live frogs at its branches in China. The Trust state that “the suffering inflicted on these animals is so extreme that were it to take place in the UK, Tesco directors would undoubtedly face criminal charges. In addition to the most horrendous cruelty, the live turtle and frog trade is acutely environmentally destructive, and is contributing to the rapid extinction of a number of species". Campaigners have launched a petition to campaign against the sale of live turtles in Tesco stores in China.

I was able to sign the petition online today (5th), hope it still counts if it's passed the deadline.

From small acorns mighty oaks grow.
Women would not have got their rights to vote if there were no suffragettes, who withstood all the discouragement and jeers from some.
Abolition of slavery would not have happened if there were no kind people who thought enslaving another human was wrong.

We are a very small group of animal lovers ("animal Gestapos" :) )but who knows, we might have started the end of cosmetic testing on poor animals
grouphugg.gif

There are so many of you here who are taking a very strong stand.....even if you cannot change the laws in the near future, nobody can take away the good feeling that you are feeling now, every time you avoided a product that was tested on a poor animal.

Another vote here for the Method cleaning products. Cleaning products usually make me choke with fumes etc, but these smell really good, lavender, ylang ylang etc and they work well. Oh and the bottles look pretty too!

Latest posts

Back