L’Occitane in Russia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting 🤔 looks like L'Occ have entered the MLM market, so maybe they have got the boot 👢 from Q?
That is a North American thing and if I recall correctly NA sector is separate, think they almost went bankrupt but it didn't affect company outwith NA.

I'd be very surprised if they don't reappear, perhaps when QVC feels the immediate anger has died down a bit. Bear in mind QVC will have ordered hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds worth of stock for the rest of the year for TSVs, special events and of course Christmas, and it will all have been signed off and paid for months in advance.

I'd be very surprised if they don't reappear, perhaps when QVC feels the immediate anger has died down a bit. Bear in mind QVC will have ordered hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds worth of stock for the rest of the year for TSVs, special events and of course Christmas, and it will all have been signed off and paid for months in advance.
Heres hoping. QVC do some great bundles from L'Occitane. Mind you I do have a huge stash and you can get bits from other sources. M&S do deals and as long as I can get the Almond oil and the shea soaps I am ok.

L’Occitane is fighting back. The other day I had an email from them asking me to supply documentary support for my review on Trustpilot. My tablet crashed mid reply so I edited the review to say it wasn’t about an order, but business ethics. Yesterday I got an email from Trustpilot saying that L’Occitane had not received a legible reply from me, so to solve “the mystery” would I reply to them with the required documentation within three days or they will remove the review.

I replied to Trustpilot saying I have no documentation as it does not relate to an order but my disgust at their business ethics of claiming to back Ukraine but trading with Russia. However, if that doesn’t meet their criteria and has to be removed, fair enough. I did then point out that that means L’Occitane could then get all their one star reviews removed and whitewash their reputation.

It strikes me they must be worried if they are coming after people like me who have no social media presence for one little review! What bar stewards! And they still haven’t answered the email I sent to them directly.

L’Occitane is fighting back. The other day I had an email from them asking me to supply documentary support for my review on Trustpilot. My tablet crashed mid reply so I edited the review to say it wasn’t about an order, but business ethics. Yesterday I got an email from Trustpilot saying that L’Occitane had not received a legible reply from me, so to solve “the mystery” would I reply to them with the required documentation within three days or they will remove the review.

I replied to Trustpilot saying I have no documentation as it does not relate to an order but my disgust at their business ethics of claiming to back Ukraine but trading with Russia. However, if that doesn’t meet their criteria and has to be removed, fair enough. I did then point out that that means L’Occitane could then get all their one star reviews removed and whitewash their reputation.

It strikes me they must be worried if they are coming after people like me who have no social media presence for one little review! What bar stewards! And they still haven’t answered the email I sent to them directly.
They are terrified of being sued etc …
What a mess … loccitane could have avoided all this if they’d had the compassion to do the right thing in the first place … 🥺

I didn’t look at the QVC website the other day to see how many L’Occitane items they had but I have just looked now and there are 100 items. The three random ones I clicked on were all available.

Theyve come back. But not listed in the index of Beauty brands, I noted.

Trustpilot have rejected my explanation and want evidence from my browser history that I was on the L’Occitane website! I mean WTAF!!!! I said I have no such evidence and am not sufficiently au Cait with technology for all that malarkey. But I did forward them the acknowledgement I got from the company for my email. Plus they do know who I am as I am supposedly on their VIP customer list. It’s grind you down time, isn’t it? No one else making those comments did it in connection to an order! Hate them now!

PS Just had a response from TP saying they don’t accept emails, go via the online form. Have just done so, saying I feel very hassled and no doubt L’Occitane will be delighted when my review is taken down.

Last edited:
Theyve come back. But not listed in the index of Beauty brands, I noted.

Trustpilot have rejected my explanation and want evidence from my browser history that I was on the L’Occitane website! I mean WTAF!!!! I said I have no such evidence and am not sufficiently au Cait with technology for all that malarkey. But I did forward them the acknowledgement I got from the company for my email. Plus they do know who I am as I am supposedly on their VIP customer list. It’s grind you down time, isn’t it? No one else making those comments did it in connection to an order! Hate them now!

PS Just had a response from TP saying they don’t accept emails, go via the online form. Have just done so, saying I feel very hassled and no doubt L’Occitane will be delighted when my review is taken down.
I hate Trustpilot. I never leave reviews on there ever since I was pestered a few times by a finance company to leave a review there. They had been particularly good so I followed the link and spent a good bit of time doing it, only for TP to reject it as there was nothing to indicate I had dealt with the company concerned, apparently.

Completely the opposite to QVC’s review system, where you can leave a review for an item that hasn’t even gone on sale yet!

PS I can see L’Occitane in the list of brands but maybe they only had just put it back now.

As a guest, I saw a post that QVC have re-instated L’occitane products on their website. I’ve just checked and that FB post is correct.

I have no intention of buying any L’occitane products, out of principle, but it seems clear to me that money is far more important to QVC than the tragedy that is happening in Ukraine. Maybe, as well as wanting to increase their profits, they have bowed to all the online whingeing from frantic customers who “can’t live without” L’occitane. Presumably those are customers who haven’t realised that QVC is NOT the only retailer who sells the brand. 🙄

I must be odd cos I can never get excited about any particular brand of toiletries, makeup or skincare. The World is awash (pardon the pun) with all makes of stuff to wash my bits with or to slap on my face and body and I can never understand it when folks almost head towards hysteria when a product is discontinued or a brand is hard to find or buy. I use small brands from small eco friendly websites and at reasonable prices as well as excellent ethics. No drama.

As a guest, I saw a post that QVC have re-instated L’occitane products on their website. I’ve just checked and that FB post is correct.

I have no intention of buying any L’occitane products, out of principle, but it seems clear to me that money is far more important to QVC than the tragedy that is happening in Ukraine. Maybe, as well as wanting to increase their profits, they have bowed to all the online whingeing from frantic customers who “can’t live without” L’occitane. Presumably those are customers who haven’t realised that QVC is NOT the only retailer who sells the brand. 🙄
I'm with you Toril, no more L'occitane for me. They, and Alexis can do one!!

I see there is a lady posting on Q Arsebook asking why are there no items on site totally oblivious to the situation in Ukraine/Russia! Amazing how world affairs go over the head of some people but all is good in her world as they are back up again.

Latest posts

Back