L’Occitane in Russia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The more I think about this the more incensed I get. I even feel bad about using the products I've had in stock for quite some time and I currently have the vanilla TSV on the go, which doesn't feel right...
I know what you mean.
I use their stick deodorant, and I still have a lot of L'Occitane in my stash. I will use it all up, but it's time to find dupes elsewhere and I think all L'Occitane customers who are withdrawing their custom need to let the company know why.
L'Occitane's excuses are just that. Very disappointing.

I am now on the look out for a new Shea hand cream! I do have a stash (of course) but have decided to buy cheapo alternatives to wean myself off it. A couple are due from Amazon today!

What I forgot to say both in my email and on Trustpilot, was …how dare you mention empowering women with your Shea butter scheme of “women’s gold“ in Boukhina Fassa or wherever, when you are indirectly supporting the rape and slaughter of women in Ukraine.

I really feel my blood boiling whenever I think of this. I have seen the comments on L’Occitane‘s Facebook but cannot get onto the visitor posts on the Q page. I hope it is as bad and has many, many comments.

PS Just had a look on their FB. One post is promoting their UNICEF hand product! You really couldn’t make it up could you? Charity on one hand, slaughter on the other! Someone has posted they could use it to wash the blood off their hands!

Last edited:
In my opinion, they should also remove the Elemis products from their website for the time being and also remove the five L’occitane products that are currently showing.

Yes, it might affect their sales for a while but QVC is hardly a poor company. One would hope that QVC would do the right thing but I don’t think that’s in their remit. 😕

I know what you mean.
I use their stick deodorant, and I still have a lot of L'Occitane in my stash. I will use it all up, but it's time to find dupes elsewhere and I think all L'Occitane customers who are withdrawing their custom need to let the company know why.
L'Occitane's excuses are just that. Very disappointing.
I used to use their stick deodorant and I switched to Ice Guard on the recommendation of a friend, and I've never looked back. It comes in a stick and a spray. The stick is a bit messy as you have to wet it before applying so I mostly use the spray (and the stick when travelling with just a cabin bag). It's highly effective and doesn't mark your clothes. The best deals tend to be on eBay, and I think you can also get it via amazon marketplace.

The problem L'Occitane have is that once loyal customers turn away from them because of something like this, it's rare that they'll return as they know the ethos of the company is to put profits before human suffering and peace.

I shall be sending them my feedback.

I am now on the look out for a new Shea hand cream! I do have a stash (of course) but have decided to buy cheapo alternatives to wean myself off it. A couple are due from Amazon today!

What I forgot to say both in my email and on Trustpilot, was …how dare you mention empowering women with your Shea butter scheme of “women’s gold“ in Boukhina Fassa or wherever, when you are indirectly supporting the rape and slaughter of women in Ukraine.

I really feel my blood boiling whenever I think of this. I have seen the comments on L’Occitane‘s Facebook but cannot get onto the visitor posts on the Q page. I hope it is as bad and has many, many comments.

PS Just had a look on their FB. One post is promoting their UNICEF hand product! You really couldn’t make it up could you? Charity on one hand, slaughter on the other! Someone has posted they could use it to wash the blood off their hands!
I find the body shop hand cream much better than Loccitane.
Iuse the almond hand and nail cuticle butter, and the almond cream. Also the hemp in a tube is gorgeous. Much richer than Loccitane and last longer.

Thanks for that Claire. I have tried Bodyshop in the past and wasn’t too keen on the Hemp but might reinvestigate when I’m next near a shop. Can’t remember if I tried their Shea/Almond one, cos I didn’t see the need. I do now!

Just sent the following email to [email protected]

Hi

I’d like to close my account with immediate effect: Please complete my details as follows:

Name:
Address:
Email:

I have been a user of a wide range of your products for over 20 years and buy them regularly from QVC. Due to you continuing to trade in Russia, I will no longer be purchasing them henceforth and do not wish to receive any information about them.

With thanks,

I`ve had this brand which contain 20% shea. I was given a set containing 3 mini handcreams and found them quite good. I must admit I am lazy with my hand care and happily use any cream or lotion.

Considering how much stuff is made in China and most Chinese companies are still trading with Russia it’s possible we are unknowingly supporting other companies.
I note L’occitane say they are worried about 700 Russian employees but I wonder how these numbers compare to worldwide jobs at danger if this boycott continues for any length of time

Considering how much stuff is made in China and most Chinese companies are still trading with Russia it’s possible we are unknowingly supporting other companies.
I note L’occitane say they are worried about 700 Russian employees but I wonder how these numbers compare to worldwide jobs at danger if this boycott continues for any length of time
Horrible position to be in … if we are supporting other companies who are still trading with Russia it’s unknowingly most of the time … the pandemic has finished loads of companies sadly of course. It’s not a war it’s an invasion on a very large scale with many atrocities … double edged sword for companies .. pull out and lose money or don’t and be boycotted by many anyway ..

One of the old original brands which still puts shea butter in their handcream is Yardley. They seem to have fallen out of fashion as a brand but they still keep going. My Mum loved their talcs.

Latest posts

Back