KitchenAid TSV 15/09/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the heads up Sazza it will be interesting see what this is!

What I will say is that I bought this Kitchenaid chopping board set yesterday :-

It was on a Big Deal for £19.95 plus P&P!

Except I bought mine yesterday from Amazon for £15.99 and free P&P!

I am learning now to really shop around 😀 another £5.00 odd saved 👍

Thanks for the heads up Sazza it will be interesting see what this is!

What I will say is that I bought this Kitchenaid chopping board set yesterday :-

It was on a Big Deal for £19.95 plus P&P!

Except I bought mine yesterday from Amazon for £15.99 and free P&P!

I am learning now to really shop around 😀 another £5.00 odd saved 👍
The link is for TWO chopping boards? Did you get two from Amazon?

This costs £375 on the Kitchenaid website and elsewhere so I'm curious to see how the price compares. Not as good as the TSV Kitchenaid Artisan I bought a few years back from them for £275, though I think that they were refurbished. But who cares? It's served me well for several years. I expect this will be in the usual standard 4 colours of red, black, cream and silver, as mine was. Link

KitchenAid 125 Artisan 4.8L Bowl Stand Mixer
Item Number: 807319
QVC Price £499.00
Todays Special Value Price £349.95
P&P £4.95

Get your bake on with KitchenAid's classic 125 Artisan 4.8L stand mixer. This iconic appliance boasts a stylish design with a quiet yet powerful mixing drive, featuring a single-purpose hub for a variety of attachments, unlocking endless possibilities as a versatile kitchen essential. It can process up to 12 egg whites or 1kg of flour, empowering you to mix up culinary wonders with speed, confidence and ease.

All the attachments - turn your KitchenAid stand mixer into a multi-functional powerhouse with the three handy attachments included. Use the six-wire whip for creating dips, whipping cream and beating eggs, swap to the flat beater for cakes, frostings and cookies, or attach the dough hook for bread, pizza and pasta.

Blend like a pro - with a robust, stable and durable metal construction, this stand mixer is built to last and undertake a range of impressive functions. Its smooth, rounded and tilt-head design makes it easy to use and clean, even on a daily basis, while its direct drive means it operates in near silence.

Twist and mix - add ingredients into your mixtures easily with the original planetary action, which sees the beater rotate in one direction while it whisks and turns in the other, pushing ingredients towards the centre of the bowl. Ten speed settings ensure fast, thorough and precise mixing, for low-effort, high-quality results.

Colour your kitchen - make a statement on your countertop with a mixer as vibrant as your culinary creations. This mixer is available in five colours - Onyx Black, Empire Red, Almond Cream, Contour Silver or Pistachio.

• Single-purpose attachment hub
  • Dishwasher safe bowl, flat beater and dough hook
  • Hand wash the six-wire whisk
  • Stand mixer measures (l x w x d): 35.2cm x 35.9cm x 22cm (13.9" x 14.1" x 8.7")
  • Weight:11.5kg

Colour options:

• Onyx Black
  • Empire Red
  • Almond Cream
  • Contour Silver
  • Pistachio

What's in the box?

• 1 x 125 Artisan stand mixer
  • 1 x 4.8L bowl - stainless steel with an ergonomic handle. Designed to process up to 12 egg white or 1kg of flour
  • 1 x flat beater - for heavy mixtures such as cakes, frosting, cookies and mashed potato. Aluminium with anti-stick nylon coating
  • 1 x dough hook - for mixing and kneading yeast dough such as bread, pizza dough and pasta dough. Aluminium with anti-stick nylon coating
  • 1 x six-wire whisk – great for creating dips such as mayonnaise, whipping cream or incorporating air into eggs. Stainless steel wires with an aluminium head. Hand wash only

All measurements are approximate

I've just discovered that QVC are selling 2 Kitchenaid tongs for £32. ☹️ 🤑🤬 Firstly, why do you need 2? And does anyone need an exclusive name for such a simple item? Secondly, I bought a large Sainsburys one for £1.99 that's been going strong for years, now £3.33. Doubtless The Range, Aldi etc do similar but cheaper than £32. Link

I've just discovered that QVC are selling 2 Kitchenaid tongs for £32. ☹️ 🤑🤬 Firstly, why do you need 2? And does anyone need an exclusive name for such a simple item? Secondly, I bought a large Sainsburys one for £1.99 that's been going strong for years, now £3.33. Doubtless The Range, Aldi etc do similar but cheaper than £32. Link
I do not think it is about “need”. I think it is about want, wanting an up market brand for a basic tool in order to feel good? Successful?happy?
If you have the money, why not enjoy it having luxuries rather than basics?

Do the buying public "need" two at an inflated price, which was my point? Not necessarily, unless you've got two kitchens, use different tongs for different foods at the same time, or a family member who also appreciates paying over the odds for a named brand. It's a way of massaging the price so you feel you're getting two, not one for the money, therefore value for money. It's each to his own, and if paying four times the price
is what floats your boat, that's your choice, but I'm pointing out the absurdity of paying four times as much for an identical, bog-standard item.

Relying on weaknesses is how the money is made.

Do the buying public "need" two at an inflated price, which was my point? Not necessarily, unless you've got two kitchens, use different tongs for different foods at the same time, or a family member who also appreciates paying over the odds for a named brand. It's a way of massaging the price so you feel you're getting two, not one for the money, therefore value for money. It's each to his own, and if paying four times the price
is what floats your boat, that's your choice, but I'm pointing out the absurdity of paying four times as much for an identical, bog-standard item.

Relying on weaknesses is how the money is made.
How do you know people are buying two for themselves? How do you know they are not buying them as presents? How do you know they aren’t sharing with a friend? How do you know they haven’t got thin children going to separate unis?
I could continue listing numerous answers to your question.
Again, if you can afford it, why should you be judged about wanting to have something a bit more luxurious than a bob standard supermarket product?
And I know how much QVC charge and so I always look around first. Never buy beauty anymore, Superdrug is good for me.
Finally, QVC is all about making money.

I don't know why people are buying anything. Nor do you. You obviously didn't read my post properly, even though you quoted it, and I have absolutely no idea why you have been so provoked by it. I said: "unless you've got two kitchens, use different tongs for different foods at the same time, or a family member who also appreciates paying over the odds for a named brand." That gives different reasons for anyone buying the item. Please read what has actually been said before you reply.

You seem to feel that I haven't the right to express my opinion - or if you don't, that is the tenor of your quote. As for judging - why pick up on this particular post, since on this forum we have the freedom to express many opinions - and we all do so? Quite rightly. Many posts are about the exorbitant prices QVC charges for brand names when so much better is available.

Carry on with your rant if you will, but it is pretty pointless. My post was a general comment, not a personal attack, so I'm at a loss as to why you respond as if it were by saying "and I know how much QVC charge and so I always look around first." If that's what you say you do, who am I to disagree? People can buy what they want. They can pay what they want. But it's silly in my opinion to buy a brand name when an identical quality item but with another name could cost you so much less. You disagree. End.

So please don't "continue listing numerous answers to" my question. That would be silly and pointless, unless point-scoring is important. But at least we both agree that QVC is all about making money. They are a business, and playing on human weakness is one way of making money.

I don't think I can make my point any clearer so that's all from me.

How do you know people are buying two for themselves? How do you know they are not buying them as presents? How do you know they aren’t sharing with a friend? How do you know they haven’t got thin children going to separate unis?
I could continue listing numerous answers to your question.
Again, if you can afford it, why should you be judged about wanting to have something a bit more luxurious than a bob standard supermarket product?
And I know how much QVC charge and so I always look around first. Never buy beauty anymore, Superdrug is good for me.
Finally, QVC is all about making money.
No more than you should be judged on thinking the people who pay double/triple/quadruple for the sake of a prestigious name are daft. Works both ways, we all have our reasons, financial or otherwise as to what we buy and where we buy it from.

If anyone was borderline interested in buying it, it's ability to make butter must have been the final shove. How wonderful to make your own butter so easily. The BA showed how you could shape the butter and add various herbs. I was very impressed with the mixer as a whole. Such a silly and disrespectful comment, though, made by the red haired presenter as she was introducing it, 'I think I love my kitchen (aid?) more than I love my husband!'. A joke, obviously, but a rotten one.

A friend of mine has a Kenwood Chef that she git as a wedding present 60 years ago. She uses it most days. She has had it serviced and I think the motor had to be rewound.

I’ve got a later model that I bought about 15 years ago and it’s still going strong. I don’t use it so much these days though

Latest posts

Back