Kipling TSV 25/3/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think you can be classily casual especially these days with so much clothing choice (not from Q )I've never had a Kipling bag but if I really liked one I would get it.I have tended to stick to leather in the past. I must admit I would remove the monkey.

I don't think anybody here objects to an opinion being expressed, it's the way the opinion is expressed that they object to. There's a big difference between saying that you personally don't choose to buy certain things, and being condescending and rude about those who do.

I don't think anybody here objects to an opinion being expressed, it's the way the opinion is expressed that they object to. There's a big difference between saying that you personally don't choose to buy certain things, and being condescending and rude about those who do.

That's the thing though, we all read things differently, what one person sees as rude and condescending, many like myself see them as nothing more than tongue in cheek off the cuff comments, nothing more nothing less. There are a few people here that take things way too personally and too easily offended themselves and on behalf of others, maybe people should stear clear of places that offend them, just a thought.

That's the thing though, we all read things differently, what one person sees as rude and condescending, many like myself see them as nothing more than tongue in cheek off the cuff comments, nothing more nothing less. There are a few people here that take things way too personally and too easily offended themselves and on behalf of others, maybe people should stear clear of places that offend them, just a thought.

And there are some people here who believe that by claiming comments are "tongue in cheek", they can justify being rude and condescending to others. They are not stupid and are well aware what they're doing. Maybe those people should show some courtesy and respect to fellow forum members by expressing their comments in ways that are not offensive. Just a thought.

And there are some people here who believe that by claiming comments are "tongue in cheek", they can justify being rude and condescending to others. They are not stupid and are well aware what they're doing. Maybe those people should show some courtesy and respect to fellow forum members by expressing their comments in ways that are not offensive. Just a thought.

Repeating "just a thought" is condescending and rude. Must be a case of do as I say not as I do by the looks of it, anyway, I'm not arguing about it, so we'll just have to agree to disagree

Only edited because autocorrect put a different word in.

Last edited:
I thought it was an off the cuff comment, see how we read things differently, I rest my case. :mysmilie_15:

You said that to make a comment which is "nothing more than tongue in cheek off the cuff comments, nothing more nothing less" is fine and acceptable, so I really don't understand why you found my comment rude and condescending.

i thought some had received their bags but can't find the feedback on this since it's a long message string. I'm still waiting - ordered the black for work - hoping it's like the olano in size since I have the bluey green one in that and find it a great size for me and I like the colour too. Reverting to black (for summer!) this time though.....

I think you can be classily casual especially these days with so much clothing choice (not from Q )I've never had a Kipling bag but if I really liked one I would get it.I have tended to stick to leather in the past. I must admit I would remove the monkey.

I bought a Kipling in the US (clearance bin in Macy's, $26 or £16). It had a large flat plastic monkey which I sold on EBay for £6. Result = rather nice Kipling bag for £10.

Latest posts

Back