Kipling TSV 25/1/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have you seen the Nagato kipling bag,saw it in HOF the other day and am sure it was about £60, it is approximately £40 on Amazon in the cumin colour, and P & P free! It is similar to the Tsv but doesn't have the two pockets on the front. A much better deal IMO x

Just been for a "look see".......Mmmmmnn, me quite likey, one for consideration I think.
Very tidy looking. Not sure how I've missed that one on my regular trawls through Javari.
Thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

yes. thanks for mentioning. i ordered the ketchup in kipling nagato from amazon - arrived today. very pleased. worth come consideration

This is totally off topic but last month's cover of Bridal Ideas magazine had a very familiar looking model on the cover and after squinting at it for a while I realised it was Marie Francoise dressed up in bridal togs.

Oh, and she says about the TSV: "What key handbag trends should we look out for this spring?
Burgundy! This will be a hot colour for the season and you will see it in our ranges - also khaki green."

Shame then that the TSV is offered in some fairly old colours!

Last edited:
its showing on Q, but without the EPs yet. it is £44.48 plus £4.95 postage

I'm going to be all behind today sitting watching the repeat waiting to see the TSV, still in dressing gown, slutty slut!

Watching the repeat but will pass on the TSV am tired of the basic range.The handles look a good length though.Am interested in the lighter range as am going on a touring holiday later in the year & want a hand baggage type, not too bulky but able to hold lots.Have looked on the Kipling website but they are not on there yet.

Saw it on the 8am repeat and it looked bigger on screen that I thought it would be
Have ordered the True Blue which is a good colour for work and the only colour I really liked.
Going to work soon and out tonight so wont see any more airings

I haven't bought a Kipling bag for years but I quite like the Line Print (mainly because I'm day-dreaming about summer holidays!). I agree the True Blue is a great colour, I wish when clothes are descibed as navy blue they were as deep as True Blue, usually they're a naff "school uniform" blue!

I might take a gamble on the Line Print selling out soon and order on waitlist or advance order. I know I risk getting a teabag or coconut mushroom but at least I'll have a cooling off period and can read reviews before its despatched.

Jude xx

Well I'm afraid I don't like it. There is something not right with the front flap pocket that makes it look cheap. When they held up a Defea to compare, the difference in quality was glaringly obvious. This is a poor man's Defea made especially for QVC viewers ( another red flag re quality ) cos the real one is so much dearer - well it is on QVC but there are Defeas for less than the price of the TSV ( from £38 ) on Amazon. There are also the more expensive lacquer effect ones for £41 and no p & P on Amazon too and they have a better returns system as well if there is a problem. So if you really want a Defea ( and why wouldn't you as they are fabulous bags ) then treat youself to a real one.

Well I'm afraid I don't like it. There is something not right with the front flap pocket that makes it look cheap. When they held up a Defea to compare, the difference in quality was glaringly obvious. This is a poor man's Defea made especially for QVC viewers ( another red flag re quality ) cos the real one is so much dearer - well it is on QVC but there are Defeas for less than the price of the TSV ( from £38 ) on Amazon. There are also the more expensive lacquer effect ones for £41 and no p & P on Amazon too and they have a better returns system as well if there is a problem. So if you really want a Defea ( and why wouldn't you as they are fabulous bags ) then treat youself to a real one.

I agree, I made OH scrutinise the close up shots of both bags & he also agreed that it looked like a poor man's QVC effort - little things where they've cut corners such as no (vinyl?) patch where the straps are attached on the outside, slightly odd, thin, narrow pockets, a more crumpled look to the fabric (thinner than usual?) & I couldn't make my mind up about the zips, whether they were standard issue or a cheaper version?
I put up side by side shots of the TSV & the Defea & it was fairly blatantly obvious then which was the QVC one, so not for me! (Keeping an eye on rtherapy for any of their Kipling bargains, as at least I know they're made to the normal standard!) :nod:

I have been saved!!! I have seen my Aunt yesterday and she gave me a belated birthday present:cake:, a bag she picked up at the jumble sale in her Chuch charity sale. At this stage I am already there with a sinking heart as her charity buys have not always been a good thing: so imagine my surprise when I open it to find a hardly used slouchy, big Jimmy CHoo bag in lovely soft brown leather???????:grin:

Def wil not be buying the stripy kipling (though probably regret it) but my lovly Aunt has saved the sale..... so what else can I buy - she says like a true shopaholic

Watching the repeat but will pass on the TSV am tired of the basic range.The handles look a good length though.Am interested in the lighter range as am going on a touring holiday later in the year & want a hand baggage type, not too bulky but able to hold lots.Have looked on the Kipling website but they are not on there yet.
//

Sadly, Kipling hand baggage bags are thin on the ground compared to those produced years ago. I still have a fabulously roomy weekend/handbaggage/cabin bag which has travelled the world with me, AND it has a trolley sleeve which is a must-have with suitcases. It must be 6 years old but it has low zip sides, so no struggling to pack things in, and 2 large zip outside pockets . The patterned fabric is like a silvery swirly design, but I have no idea what the bag is called. Any ideas anyone ? I wish Kipling would resurrect some of the old 'models' , they proved to be far more useful than the current trend for crossbody/covered in pockets/sludgy colours they are producing now.

//

Sadly, Kipling hand baggage bags are thin on the ground compared to those produced years ago. I still have a fabulously roomy weekend/handbaggage/cabin bag which has travelled the world with me, AND it has a trolley sleeve which is a must-have with suitcases. It must be 6 years old but it has low zip sides, so no struggling to pack things in, and 2 large zip outside pockets . The patterned fabric is like a silvery swirly design, but I have no idea what the bag is called. Any ideas anyone ? I wish Kipling would resurrect some of the old 'models' , they proved to be far more useful than the current trend for crossbody/covered in pockets/sludgy colours they are producing now.

Have a look inside the bag, there should be a wee white label in a corner and the name of the style should be on it!

I'm not buying, it's boring. I recently bought a Gracy in that glittery black colour in the Kipling store sale. Delighted with that but otherwise I'd rather have a Mulberry!! :grin: Won't be getting one though I'm sure!

Well can you believe so far I've managed to resist :nod:

I saw it at 7am this morning and none of the colours were really doing it for.I liked the line print at a push....but feel its very like my adley bag which I also have in a print,so really would like a plain colour.None of them really grabbing me.

I do actually think its a great price for that size kipling..I almost wish there was one I liked enough to order!! Told myself I'll go to work and see whats left when I get back and then make a decision on it.I see that the line print has gone (as expected).The ketchup has an very slim chance with me...I'm gonna wait and see how I feel on the 3pm presentation.Or wait and see if theres a NN OTO :wink:

Latest posts

Back