Kipling TSV 25/1/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have been into M&S this morning & bought a shopper style bag in black nylon with brown leather trims for £45.It is a good size ( they also do a smaller version.)It is nice & light & although it doesn't have all the inside pockets etc. of Kipling I think a good buy.It reminds me of the Longchamp fold up ones which are quite a bit more for this size.Think I will have to get into the Kipling shop in Regent St. if I am going to buy anymore Kiplings but do like the small 'Nani' with the 2 front pockets.

Those who like the 'Defea' 30% off on the Kipling website although colours are limited as it is getting to the end of their sale. Free P&P too.

Have a look inside the bag, there should be a wee white label in a corner and the name of the style should be on it!

WELL I NEVER ! you live and learn, thanks Sazza - I've never even seen the very wee label before, but you're right. Its a KOS M SW K11576-018 if anyone's interested, but its the BEST Kipling bag ever for hand travel.

Well can you believe so far I've managed to resist :nod:

I saw it at 7am this morning and none of the colours were really doing it for.I liked the line print at a push....but feel its very like my adley bag which I also have in a print,so really would like a plain colour.None of them really grabbing me.

I do actually think its a great price for that size kipling..I almost wish there was one I liked enough to order!! Told myself I'll go to work and see whats left when I get back and then make a decision on it.I see that the line print has gone (as expected).The ketchup has an very slim chance with me...I'm gonna wait and see how I feel on the 3pm presentation.Or wait and see if theres a NN OTO :wink:

Its not doing it for me either rainbowdottie - I think if you have to talk yourself into buying it when it hasnt grabbed you on the initial viewing, then its not the one for you. But far be it for me to say what you should buy!:blush:

I have been into M&S this morning & bought a shopper style bag in black nylon with brown leather trims for £45.It is a good size ( they also do a smaller version.)It is nice & light & although it doesn't have all the inside pockets etc. of Kipling I think a good buy.It reminds me of the Longchamp fold up ones which are quite a bit more for this size.Think I will have to get into the Kipling shop in Regent St. if I am going to buy anymore Kiplings but do like the small 'Nani' with the 2 front pockets.

I was very taken by that M&S bag too

I was very taken by that M&S bag too

If I see something in M&S I really like I buy it where poss. there & then in case they sell out & don't restock.This is the Autograph range, they have some nice leather ones too but these are too heavy for what I want.

I have ordered one in True Blue. I really like my Defea - I've got one in Caffe Latte which is quite a different colour. I was sold on the fact that the TSV will take A4 folders, which my Defea does not.

I did like the line print in the tsv, but stuck to my guns because, in the past, I have ordered and returned tsv kipling bags which I have found quite disappointing. I think they are very samey; a contrasting, patterned lining would be nice, and more capacious pockets/compartments (more of them!). Realistically, I don't believe this range offers what I look for in a bag; ergo, I think I would be wasting my money purchasing from it.

//

Sadly, Kipling hand baggage bags are thin on the ground compared to those produced years ago. I still have a fabulously roomy weekend/handbaggage/cabin bag which has travelled the world with me, AND it has a trolley sleeve which is a must-have with suitcases. It must be 6 years old but it has low zip sides, so no struggling to pack things in, and 2 large zip outside pockets . The patterned fabric is like a silvery swirly design, but I have no idea what the bag is called. Any ideas anyone ? I wish Kipling would resurrect some of the old 'models' , they proved to be far more useful than the current trend for crossbody/covered in pockets/sludgy colours they are producing now.

the name of the bag should be somewhere on the inner seam, if that helps.

I have a Kos. Even though it's a discontinued older model, I got mine to use as a baby bag (for now) and as a flight bag (for 20 years time).*
Got it on Amazon for around £32 in red very recently. Fab old style large monkey.

* I know people can and do fly with babies and toddlers. I, however have no patience and no sense of humour when under pressure. As for the teenage years- no way I would leave one alone in my empty house. If I go away- Nan is coming to stay!

I have a Kos. Even though it's a discontinued older model, I got mine to use as a baby bag (for now) and as a flight bag (for 20 years time).*
Got it on Amazon for around £32 in red very recently. Fab old style large monkey.

* I know people can and do fly with babies and toddlers. I, however have no patience and no sense of humour when under pressure. As for the teenage years- no way I would leave one alone in my empty house. If I go away- Nan is coming to stay!
I bought one of the Kipling bags with the trolley handle from amazon for about £30 but returned it as I didn't like the colour - espresso.
As to leaving teenagers at home on their own - quite right do not. I know because I was one of the teenagers doing silly things. Taking friend's parents car out as no parents to drive us around. My step nephew had a party aged 12 - police called - we had to go and pick him up. He'd been left with the aupair but she went to London with her boyfriend leaving him alone.

My Line Print TSV arrived ten minutes ago, I'm a happy little teapot with the time taken for delivery, and I lurve the bag!:up:

I just love it when something is just right. (I think I read Goldilocks to my girls for too many years)
Of course, you've got to go out now Carol to give it an airing

I just love it when something is just right. (I think I read Goldilocks to my girls for too many years)
Of course, you've got to go out now Carol to give it an airing

yes, but not today I don't think, the snow's gone but it's very windy again, and very grey!

Mine has just arrived, great delivery time
I got the true blue but it looks a darker colour than my other true blue one
Havent tried my stuff in it yet but think its a decent size.

Latest posts

Back