Kipling TSV 25/1/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

But no key fob?

I am petty but that would be a deal breaker for me. Stop cutting corners!

I may be wrong but they usually say in the description if there IS a key fob.

Why does it matter? Well to me, who thinks design, function and organisation is the be-all-and-end-all in a handbag, a key fob is too useful a feature to miss and leaving it off a kipling is like leaving off the monkey. Just wrong, like seconds quality.

This thread should be called "fob-gate".

But no key fob?

I am petty but that would be a deal breaker for me. Stop cutting corners!

I may be wrong but they usually say in the description if there IS a key fob.

Why does it matter? Well to me, who thinks design, function and organisation is the be-all-and-end-all in a handbag, a key fob is too useful a feature to miss and leaving it off a kipling is like leaving off the monkey. Just wrong, like seconds quality.

This thread should be called "fob-gate".

I know what you mean Weathergirl, same goes for me. I only bought 1 Kipling bag with no key fob, can't recall the name, it was a ~try me~ one, think the colour was Park, a lovely soft green, that I never saw again..but ended up giving the bag to my daughter, no key fob...no good :sad:..had to put my keys in the zip bit, but it just annoyed me!

daydreamer

Just wanted to add my 4penneth - on the qvc web, there is a section where Marie-F is saying that it is the bag that has been made to reflect all the best bits that customers like from other bags - Hum ... no back pocket and still a query over whether there is a key-fob, so I dont think so MF. Also, none of the colours are really hitting the mark with me, but maybe I need to see the presentation. MF also talks alot about all the new styles coming up for autumn - she makes them sound nicer than the TSV!!

Having originally been quite excited at the look of this, am now thinking, "not that bothered". Colours very uninspiring and really want an Ochre yellow bag, so will
have to look elsewhere I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

When I look at the colour choices, all I see are 3 types of blue, a plain one, another striped,and a green/blue, red, brown and light grey. I think they are very dull, is that the seasons look, depressing.

Can anyone put me off the Kipling Adomma bag? If anyone bought it but doesn't use it I'd be interested to know why. I think it was a TSV a few years back but I didn't buy it then - I'm presuming something about it I didn't like but can't remember, so any helpful 'negatives' to the bag would be helpful, thanks!

PS the Kipling Ciceley is in clearance now at £39 - less than I paid direct from the Kipling sale a few years back and although I only use it occasionally (too big for every day for me) I find it great for travelling - two outer full depth velcroed pockets which hold full size magazines, and outer pockets each end which hold bottles of water

I passed on the adomma TSV too...sometimes I see them on ebay and really regret not buying it....but there must have been a reason why....

Can anyone put me off the Kipling Adomma bag? If anyone bought it but doesn't use it I'd be interested to know why. I think it was a TSV a few years back but I didn't buy it then - I'm presuming something about it I didn't like but can't remember, so any helpful 'negatives' to the bag would be helpful, thanks!

PS the Kipling Ciceley is in clearance now at £39 - less than I paid direct from the Kipling sale a few years back and although I only use it occasionally (too big for every day for me) I find it great for travelling - two outer full depth velcroed pockets which hold full size magazines, and outer pockets each end which hold bottles of water

I use a Adomma as a work bag and like it a lot.:nod:
What may have put you off are the small grab handles? If the bag isn't full, then being wider than it is tall, it does fold in a little on itself if carrying by them, doesn't notice so much when worn cross body though.
Has a lovely long cross body strap, I am 5'8 and not as thin as I should be
:blush: and it sits at hip level.
If you are a regular commuter, then that extra little zipped pocket at the front is brill for tickets/travel cards.

Hmmm maybe that was it...I'm not a fan of cross body.I loved them when my kids were young,but not so anymore.I've passed on many kiplings because I couldn't use them cross body - they were shoulder bags - but all I want now is shoulder bags.

I also seem to carry round more stuff with me lately...more than ever...

I even used my kipling breezer the other day .....it was rammed full....and just looked like a box jutting out on the side of my hip!!!

don't know if this up alreadybut the tsv is now listing the colours as

Line Print - comes with 'Shanna' monkey keyring
True Blue - comes with 'Matt' monkey keyring
Light Brown - comes with 'Manuela' monkey keyring
Gentle Grey - comes with 'Thilly' monkey keyring
Ketchup - comes with 'Tine' monkey keyring
Pop Green - comes with 'Camilla' monkey keyring

I was interested in this TSV as I'm looking for a new black bag. Surprised this doesn't come in a black option. Anyway I looked around and just ordered the Antonia (from the City range) in sable black from Amazon for £45.32 with free p&p. QVC are selling it for £88.50 with £5.95 p&p, available on waitlist. Quite a difference in price.

Gentle Grey, given the monkey's name, would be a thoughtless or amusing gift for someone with a lisp, depending on their sense of humour.

Reminds me of a rhyme from my primary school days:

" I'm Thor! " he cried.
His horse replied,
" You forgot your thaddle thilly! "

Jude xx

Having originally been quite excited at the look of this, am now thinking, "not that bothered". Colours very uninspiring and really want an Ochre yellow bag, so will
have to look elsewhere I think.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Have you seen the Nagato kipling bag,saw it in HOF the other day and am sure it was about £60, it is approximately £40 on Amazon in the cumin colour, and P & P free! It is similar to the Tsv but doesn't have the two pockets on the front. A much better deal IMO x

Well DF says its under £45......so what will be £44.83 :wonder:

No it won't be that as she says its 2 EPs, so that 3p isn't divisble, so it will be £44.84 ha ha!! :grin::grin:

Blimin 2 EPs just after christmas I was hoping for 3 at least!

Latest posts

Back