Kipling TSV 24/9/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is going on with the stock levels on this TSV. An hour ago the bird and blue snake were sold out and also the grey. Now the bird and the blue snake are available again and the black is showing as sold out ::banghead:

Sold out Kipling TSV now showing as 'awaiting stock'

Hi guys,

I ordered the Kipling TSV in bird print on Tuesday. I was lucky that despite it selling out in the morning, when I called in the evening they said that someone had changed their mind and that one is available so I bought it and then received the confirmation email. I logged onto the website and app an hour later (probably around 9pm) and the bird print and some other earlier sold out colours were available again (i presumed they'd just had loads of people cancel their order.)

Anyway, yesterday i checked my account and it says 'awaiting stock.' I have emailed customer services via the email address and the contact form on the website but have not had a reply (it's been 24 hours since i emailed.) I can't be bothered to call them - my past two orders with them have had problems (item breaking through transit and he other time being sent the wrong item.)

So does anyone know if 'awaiting stock' means that i will definitely get one and how long do they usually take to respond to emails.

Thanks x

Mine is saying exactly the same. And I ordered the raw umber which didnt sell out. I spotted the mess up on the website and posted about the confusing changes in stock availability. Yet another QVC shambles.

Just phoned customer services. A very apologetic gentleman informed me that stock levels unfortunately not up to QVC standards and although my item was showing as in stock when I ordered it, and I received my confirmation email, that it was not in stock and I had been placed on a waitlist (not an advanced order) and that it may take 30 days to get it sent. As there seemed to be some kind of block when you try to cancel the order online he said he would email the relevant department and get them to cancel my order as I dont want to wait that long only to have it never arrive. Not meant to be I guess :(

edit- forgot to add that letters have apparently gone out to those affected.

What a shambles!

Q always play the "quality issues" card when there's a stock cock up. Kipling must be highly delighted that customers are being told there's a quality problem with their bags!

You could interpret it both ways, what did he mean the level of stock was not up to QVC standards? Not enough stock? Ir the stock they had was of poor quality? The wording certainly sounded like Q not wanting the blame. Surely their buyers order the number of units so either that was insufficient, or they didnt get as many as they thought they were going to get, or it was all poor quality and could not go out, or their website thought it had more than was the case. There must be some connection with the "in stock" "sold out" and "in stock again" fiasco.

I have never had a good experience with a kipling purchase from Q. And I really liked the design of this bag.

Waiting to see what the letter says when it arrives.

Well my Bird Print arrived today and its rather nice-a good size for my work bag so I think its a keeper.

Glad you are happy Lemonsqueezy. I am a bit disappointed but 50 quid richer I suppose! Plus I alwatys have my bargain bagsational which hasnt left my shoulder since it arrived :)

I expect it'll be the standard letter template and we'll probably never know what really happened. If it's the one saying they've identified quality issues with some stock, it's cleverly drafted to deflect any blame from themselves and it almost leaves you feeling grateful that maybe a defective item has been intercepted to spare you the hassle of returning it!

Mine arrived this morning in black. I just needed a plain black bag. it is quite nice, exactly what I was expecting, have given it its first outing and managed to find my purse and my keys. keep coming across pockets I didn't know were there. I think it is a really good buy.

My `grey sky` which isn`t anything like grey arrived this morning just the plain light beige I wanted :)

My bag came today, I went for the raw umber shade and I am pleased. There is so much space in the bag it will be great for work.

My bird print came today too. Very pleased with it, great sized bag and the pattern is less garish than some of Kipling's offerings.

Latest posts

Back