Kipling TSV 24/1/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have the port red Alvar bag and it is a lovely colour. yes it is dull compared to some of the lighter shades but it is a rich warm red imo. I was very tempted by the port red Lacquer but worried that it may be too dark

I only possess one Kipling bag and I can`t even remember the name of it. I bought it in a lightening sale on Amazon and much as I still think they`re not particularly attractive bags I must admit they`re practical and roomy. The one I bought turned out to be much bigger than expected but I kept it because it will be handy for shopping, airports and even an overnight visit somewhere.
I`ve just ordered the Kipling Trim, a large toiletry bag but it hasn`t arrived yet. It was half price on Amazon and judging by the measurements it will be big enough to hold everything I`ll need for my holiday. It was £37 on the Kipling site, £18 on Amazon and I ordered it in a lovely bright pink colour. I`ll feedback on it when it arrives.

Can someone explain the Kipling monkey to me please. I have just seen SG going through the names of each monkey on each version of each bag so are they all different then, apart from just the colour, and do people collect them in their own right? SG did say they were named after Kipling employees but I cannot see why the names are read out as if this is important.

Can someone explain the Kipling monkey to me please. I have just seen SG going through the names of each monkey on each version of each bag so are they all different then, apart from just the colour, and do people collect them in their own right? SG did say they were named after Kipling employees but I cannot see why the names are read out as if this is important.

You have to work with Kipling for ten years to have a monkey named after you, so they must be a pretty good company to work for if so many people work for them for that long. The name goes with the colour so, every bag of every style in that colour will all have a monkey with the same name. They read the names out because people like to buy a bag that has a monkey with their own name, or to give a bag as a gift where the monkey has the name of the person receiving the gift. Kids also absolutely love having a monkey with their own name - a friend of mine recently bought her first Kipling bag just to get the monkey for her five year old daughter. There are also people all over the world who collect just the monkeys (without the bags), so the name of the monkey is important to them. Large collections of Kipling monkeys can fetch quite hefty sums in the world of collectors I believe.

How would you describe port red? ie is it dull/rich/too dark/too pink etc? I'm trying to convince myself not to buy a port red bag from amazon.

I have a Super Working Bag and a UKI in port red, and it's one of my all-time favorite colours. It's a beautiful rich red wine colour - the fact that it's a darker red certainly doesn't mean it's dull. When I first took the bag to work I was absolutely inundated with compliments, and as I was walking in yesterday a colleague walking out said "Oooh, I love that bag, the colour's gorgeous".

I really like it - but wonder what the colours will be - the colours at the mo are so disappointing.I also wonder if the straps are long enough to go over your shoulder

I really like it - but wonder what the colours will be - the colours at the mo are so disappointing.I also wonder if the straps are long enough to go over your shoulder

I like it too but do wonder how big it actually is and agree about the straps, I don't think they are long enough to go over your shoulder, I like the new blue monkey mania colour, but appreciate it will not appeal to everyone, and we have seen quite a lot of this print in recent tsvs, the purse looks a bit flimsy

I think it's actually a central zipped compartment. It's just the angle of the photo that makes it looks like it's at the bottom of the bag.

I wonder what that zip at the bottom on the inside of the bag is for.

I see what you mean, but I wonder if it is just the angle at which the image has been taken and it is in fact an inner zipped compartment in the centre of the bag? I could be wrong though :wonder:

I see what you mean, but I wonder if it is just the angle at which the image has been taken and it is in fact an inner zipped compartment in the centre of the bag? I could be wrong though :wonder:
I though so too Letz-be-avenue or it may be a zip to expand the bag?
It looks on a smaller side but I don't expect it to be less than £35

If its a zipped compartment I dont want it - I hate the bags that have that flapping about in the middle.On the pics it looks quite a small bag which the price will be bumped up by a purse.....i really hope the colours are good....

It looks like a divider compartment with a zip at the top of it. Like the Syro has. It's annoying.

just noticed that Amazon has some of the new collection and colours in (from jan 10th). Blue lacquer, dazzling yellow, beige and cardinal red (looks like an orange to me). It may give us an idea of what to expect etc.

Thanks for the link Rainbowdottie, I wanted to know the measurements, and although my German is poor I managed to see those and I does de to get some good reviews, can I ask if you liked the last Tsv as I know you went for the monkey mania one like me,I can't make my mind up about mine! Not sure about the Velcro !!

Latest posts

Back