Kipling TSV 22/04/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gone for this in the bright orange ( my Easter Egg, as I am on a diet it is better than choc?--a feeble excuse) I like the shape and the fact it will hold a netbook.I keep saying no more Kiplings but they are really great,mainly because they are so lightweight for travelling when leather is a no no.Love the Sport Intense range, have a quilted look & I have one from last Autumn.They have a lovely drawstring type which I saw in a Kipling shop recently & is on their website.

I've never bought Kipling before but I'm doing a bit of travelling this year and this looks perfect for carrying all my bits in seperate pockets. I went for the wild grey, thought it will probably go with most things. First thing I'll be doing though is taking that ****** monkey off, I don't like moneys anyway but I think these look really stupid hehe!

I stayed up especially for it - unheard of for me :blush:

I ordered the orange speckled.Then I changed my mind - I thought it was quite "dark" for a summer bag - and I mostly want this for the summer/my summer holiday.I also have a soda pop print in Reth - so thought the bags looks too similiar - even though I know they're different!

So I've gone for the sunset orange.I liked the heavenly blue also.Its a good shape for what I want - and I thought a good price.

QVC's postage is so high - they do even make me think £3.95 postage is quite cheap:devil:

Can you let me know if the sunset orange monkey is Theresa or Teresa once you get it...? :sun: I decided to go for the speckled orange - so at least I will get an idea of what the sunset orange colour is like...

I really like this and have only just had sight of it as have been busy so have "missed out" (as they say at QVC) as the pale blue has gone. This is more like the tsvs of old, something different, choice of colour, new style, easy pay and for some reason best known to them p and p not quite as extortiante as usual. It would have made a great work bag for me as I do home visits in my job and have to cart a lot of stuff about.

I've ordered the black, like the fact it's a decent size and has a proper cross-body strap. :sun:

I've ordered Kipling two or three times before but have always been disappointed and sent them back.

I've just bought the Caska in soft beige from Amazon for £39.53 instead. (Free delivery too) :happy:
Saved myself almost £22 whoop!

Last edited:
I went for it in the Blue Print - just my luck to have internet access when a Kipling TSV I like is on. I'd have liked the orange speckle (i have the big Fairfax in the teal speckle and love it, also gets quite a number of compliments!) but that blue print looks very summery and is something different for me. Love the shape, too.

Does anyone know if Kipling bags are washable? I imagined they would be because of the fabric?

ta!

Tx

Does anyone know if Kipling bags are washable? I imagined they would be because of the fabric?

ta!

Tx

They always used to say that they were washable. The last few year they have just said "wipe clean" (as they had people washing them at 90 degrees(!) and then complaining that the bags went funny)

The Kipling presenter and QVC presnters still say that they personally wash at 30 degrees and it's fine. Just don't wash the monkey! Oh and I know I have heard in the past that they don't recommend to put the prints in the washing machine, not sure if this is still the case...

I've washed all my nylon ones at 40 degrees, and they've always come out as good as new.
But I don't have any print styles. Always take the monkey off.

I wash mine in non bio at the lowest setting.My washing machine has a hand wash programme and I tend to use that.I always take the monkey off.

I only have the basic range - none of the leather,gorilla girlz etc........but I don't think I'd risk it if wasn't the basic range.

Interesting as i have a blue jean coloured Kipling bag that desperately needs washing. I take it that you have all 'air dried' the bags?

Last edited:
Interesting as i have a blue jean coloured Kipling bag that desperately needs washing. I take it that you have all 'air dried' the bags?

I've machine washed my blue jean loads of times at 40. Air dries quickly.

Awesome, thanks everyone! I don't think the TSV has any leather trims so good to know I can bung it in the machine. Travelling on the underground tends to make EVERYTHING manky! I notice on the Kipling website they suggest Scotchguarding the bags, has anyone ever tried this?

Tx

Awesome, thanks everyone! I don't think the TSV has any leather trims so good to know I can bung it in the machine. Travelling on the underground tends to make EVERYTHING manky! I notice on the Kipling website they suggest Scotchguarding the bags, has anyone ever tried this?

Tx

No I haven't tried that and can't see the point either as they're so easy (and cheap) to clean (basic ranges).

Latest posts

Back