Kipling TSV 21/4/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

eBags were wonderful - I miss them too. If I paid £7 for shipping, I'd expect the goods to turn up later the same day! It's not as if they weigh a ton, after all.

eBags were wonderful - I miss them too. If I paid £7 for shipping, I'd expect the goods to turn up later the same day! It's not as if they weigh a ton, after all.

It costs that much because their sending them from Belgium... SLOWLY!

I'm not defending them trust me. The price is shocking for the service. At least when I had my nightmare month long wait I'd gone over £60 so the p+p was free.

It's my birthday today :) so I was doubly pleased that my Kipling order had arrived (direct from Kipling).

I orderd Marla plum in both the small and medium so I could see the sizes. As this order was over £60, P&P was free so thought it was worth it. The small is just too small - OK for a going out in the evening bag (for me anyway), but not big enough for work.

However, the Marla medium is huge! Was really confused because I had checked the sizes thoroughly. Measured the bag and realised that they had only measured the bottom of the bag (ie not included the side pockets which make a big difference to the size of the bag).

Very, very disappointed and still on the quest to find a medium sized bag with grab handles.

I'm returning both and think I get a prepaid label so at least it won't have cost me anything.

Have expressed my disappointment to Kipling but don't suppose they'll do anything about it, ie change the measurements on the website.

Still, got some birthday prezzies to open now so it's not all bad.

Happy Birthday, ILC! Sorry to hear the bag sizes were a bit of a disappointment. I hope you had a lovely day otherwise.

Update on my purchase straight from Kipling on Monday evening...

I got a "dispatched" mail this morning!! Wow! And not only that but if I follow the tracking link it was actually sent on Monday and at the moment it's here in the area and "out for delivery today"!! :) Now how good is that?

...and on another note I also had a dispatched mail from QVC saying my Kipling TSV is on it's way too :)

I'm really happy it worked out OK for you, Anso. :) I'm sorry if my tales of woe with Kipling previously paniced you! Hope you like the bag when it arrives.

I'm really happy it worked out OK for you, Anso. :) I'm sorry if my tales of woe with Kipling previously paniced you! Hope you like the bag when it arrives.

No problem :) If it was going to be bad news then I wanted to know at least, so I really appreciate your story (even though I wish you didn't have it to tell for your sake of course).

Got my bag just after lunchtime and I'm soooo happy with it. It's the "April" bag in "plum" colour and it's great :) It was 25% off and free postage too. 2 days from ordering from Belgium - not bad :)

Sorry to hear of your disappointment ILC, especially as today is your birthday. Hope you manage to find the correct sized bag you're looking for. Enjoy the rest of your special day.

WOW - my tsv arrived today this must be a record!!!!!

The bad news is it is not doing anything for me. The cream colour is quite dark - not what I would call cream - more of a dirty cream. Also it is smaller than it looked on screen. I am thinking that this might be a returner.

Oh dear how disappointing. The April is my favourite of the city range, but strangely though small I do use my Milla alot too. Couldn't get a bottle of wine in it though.:31:

Oh dear how disappointing. The April is my favourite of the city range, but strangely though small I do use my Milla alot too. Couldn't get a bottle of wine in it though.:31:

I was disappointed too - I have the April and love it. Thought this would be just a little smaller but it is quite a lot smaller. But I do like 'big' bags - even the April is small for me!!!

The colour is weird too sort of beigy brown rather than neutral cream. I will have another look later and try it with some bits in - might change my mind.

My mum's arrived today - I was quite surprised, I wasn't expecting to like it but I do.

The colour isn't cream at all though is it? - I'd describe it as a natural linen colour.

On a side note - I saw one in a shop in Bromley today. I had a good look at it, trying to find out if the QVC version was their usual 'Kipling-lite' and working out which features had been left out to get the price down. I couldn't actually find any difference, and it was £75 in the shop.

My mum's arrived today - I was quite surprised, I wasn't expecting to like it but I do.

The colour isn't cream at all though is it? - I'd describe it as a natural linen colour.

On a side note - I saw one in a shop in Bromley today. I had a good look at it, trying to find out if the QVC version was their usual 'Kipling-lite' and working out which features had been left out to get the price down. I couldn't actually find any difference, and it was £75 in the shop.

I actually think with this bag they did do the proper specs on all models. Perhaps customers are complaining to them or Kilping, bet the latter wouldn't want their name to look bad over a missing pen holder.

Just an update about the Kipling website.

Returned two bags on 24 April - have received the credit in my account TODAY. I think this is far too long and at one stage I was worried that I wouldn't get the money back at all so had to email them.

On the plus side, because I spent over £60, postage was free and what I didn't know at the time was that the return postage is free too because they give you a label and then it's collected by UPS.

So at least I'm not out of pocket, but was worried that I'd thrown over £100 down the drain!

Can't say I'll never use them again though if they have another 50% off sale. What am I like?!

Latest posts

Back