Kipling TSV 21/4/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

you are right,its slightly different that's why I have gone for it too,and I love the rose,very subtle...made my mind up now I am defo having it...
just got to wait til Friday to pay on my switch,skint until I get paid,thats why I put it on cheque hold!well its either that or dont feed the kids !!

Sounds like a good plan ;)

If it was to be the City Ella then i might be tempted, Ive liked the look of that for a while now but its got quite a hefty price tag x

This is one of the City bags I've got. It was from Ebags when they were going at a really good price. I see Amazon do it but it's out of stock at the moment.

I have put the chocolate on cheque hold - don't know - I think this looks more luxurious than the other colours - I think they should have done pink leather with the rose and self coloured zips. They are all nice though. However, I already have a Milla, so I am feeling sensible and will need to think about it. I don't know why they say it is like the Fairfax as I think it is more like the Morrisey. However, like others, I think the City range is better than the basic now, so I will stick with this now in the Kipling range.

been a naughty girl and got the Katie in red,the easy pays sold it to me and it just fell into my basket
cant watch any longer,need to switch off now!!

I went for the cream one - I can always send it back if I don't like it....

The bags in this range are nicer than the original ones - I love my April one. Fingers crossed.

The more I watch it, the more the TSV is growing on me...

I was also very nearly tempted by the Robin. I was disappointed with the coverage of the Strict purse in the last hour though, as they were just showing the inside and the camera flipped off that and back onto the colours. I really wanted to see the rest of the inside!

The more I watch it, the more the TSV is growing on me...

I was also very nearly tempted by the Robin. I was disappointed with the coverage of the Strict purse in the last hour though, as they were just showing the inside and the camera flipped off that and back onto the colours. I really wanted to see the rest of the inside!

I have the (black) strict purse and it's great - on my 2nd one as other one got stolen. Sorry my description isn't great but hope it helps. The inside of mine is black and grey btw so you can see things easily in there.

On the back there is a zipped pocket, which has a side vent. It's nearly the length of the purse and you can fit a lot in it (coins etc).

When you open it up, the sides expand. Inside, there is the central zipped section for coins and on either side of the that there is a space to put notes. Each side of the purse also has two deep pockets for receipts or notes, and on the front of the first one, there is space for 3 cards (but you can actually fit more in each one).

Worth the money in my opinion - no matter how many coins I have in it, it still keeps it shape! The zips are like the ones you get in the basic bags and the zip fobs are silver in the middle, and have black rubber around the outside. Whilst it is quite a big purse, I have fit it in some small bags!

HTH

I noticed the Frug small flapover bag...I could be persuaded to go for this, I have the Alvar and its a fantastic bag and the Frug looks just the same only smaller and its only £21.36

Not sure what colour though....I quite like the rasberry but is it practical???

I have the (black) strict purse and it's great - on my 2nd one as other one got stolen. Sorry my description isn't great but hope it helps. The inside of mine is black and grey btw so you can see things easily in there.

Thanks, Cupcake, that is a fab description!

Slightly off topic but... has anyone ordered on-line straight from Kipling and how quick was their delivery please?

Thanks in advance :)

Oh dear, what a saga you're opening up there Anso....

I love Kipling Bags & did order online from them in last year's summer sale when it was 50% off. I bought five bags & they took my money instantly, but then took FOREVER to send the bags. By forever I mean weeks to do anything at all other than take my money even though the website at the time said items would be despatched in a matter of days. I emailed them, lots, but apart from getting automatic acknowledgement emails they ignored me completely. I tried to call them, but this is when I noticed that there was no 'phone number for the online shop anywhere. In despair I called different Kipling numbers on the website & got through to a nice lady responsible for the Kipling brand in the UK. She couldn't help as the online shop is completely separate & she had no access to their system, but did give me the number for the lady who ran the online shop in Belgium. I 'phoned this several times over several days, but only ever got an answer 'phone message & she never replied to my messages either by email or calling back. I was at the stage of taking action through my credit card company frankly. As one last step I 'phoned the UK Kipling lady back & she agreed to call the Belgian lady on my behalf & get back to me. Finally she called back & explained the online shop was very busy with the sale, but my bags would be despatched in the next few days.... I was so tempted to cancel, but I really wanted the bags & I'd already waited a month. The order did finally arrive, but one bag short. They had refunded me for that bag when they'd sent the parcel though & by this time I was sick of dealing with them so I just let it slide.

What had me alarmed the whole way through was that they'd taken money with no intention of sending me anything any time soon & were to all intents & purposes completely unreachable to any enquiries. I got fantastic bargains, but feel like I paid with them in blood, sweat & tears. I would hope that their delivery times & customer service are better when it's not a sale time, but needless to say I haven't ordered from them since!

Mine is just one experience though. I can't swear that I'll never ever be tempted to order again if they do 50% off in the future, but I hope I'd manage to resist for the sake of my sanity. I certainly would never consider buying direct from them again under any other circumstances.

Sorry for the long post, but you did ask!

Last edited:
Oh dear, oh dear - sorry to hear that you had so much trouble getting your order :(

I'm really worried now as I ordered a bag direct from Kipling on Wednesday and in the "status" it just says "order accepted". I know we're used to quick service (from some companies!) nowadays but I would have expected it to say "shipped" by now.

Anyone ordered recently who can reassure me that there's no need to worry please....?

I ordered a Selma from them earlier this year. It looks like the stock has to come from Belgium (well mine did) but I got a tracking number and I happily tracked it's progress across the channel.

It said 'order accepted' for a while as I recall but once it was dispatched it was pretty speedy. Mine got here in 6 days. :)

Well, I have had good and bad service from them. I ordered last year in the sale and they said it was in stock but then said it wasn't and refunded my money. I complained and asked them to let me buy a similar item at the same sale price, but they said no and gave me a discount code (10 or 15% I can't remember exactly) for a future purchase (now expired).

However, on the plus side, I ordered from them last Friday and it has been delivered to my home address today. I know this (despite being at work) because I checked the tracking and it's got my neighbour's details as the person who signed).

I did think that this order had gone astray though because I also got the "order accepted" message for a while. I emailed them and they apologised and said my order had been despatched but for some reason I hadn't got the email to say this. A couple of hours later my account read "order sent" and I got the tracking details.

Hope this helps. Good luck :)

However, on the plus side, I ordered from them last Friday and it has been delivered to my home address today. I know this (despite being at work) because I checked the tracking and it's got my neighbour's details as the person who signed).

Oh yay that sounds promising! :)

for some reason Kipling.co.uk is actually in Belgum(sp) and that is where the orders are shipped from. They charge £7 for orders under £60(I miss you ebags). I ordered last year in the sale and think mine took about 5 days to arrive? That was the only time I have ordered from them. To be honest I thought for the price of shipping it would come in like two days.

Latest posts

Back