Kipling TSV 2/12/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just got a text, and I wasnt going to like it, but the toffee and the white lace do look nice, oh dear

I have zero interest in anything with velcro. I hate the stuff. I've got a couple of waterproof coats with it, and it annoys the heck out of me. Bags and shoes? No ta. I dare say the day will come when I'll be glad of velcro on my shoes, but that day is not today (or tomorrow, or anytime this year)...

I have zero interest in anything with velcro. I hate the stuff. I've got a couple of waterproof coats with it, and it annoys the heck out of me. Bags and shoes? No ta. I dare say the day will come when I'll be glad of velcro on my shoes, but that day is not today (or tomorrow, or anytime this year)...

I don't like velcro either, but it says this bag fastens with zips and a magnetic closure.

I like the design, but not sure on the colours.

Me neither, or the dark gaudy designs. Could Kimmy be moonlighting with the kipling 'design' team? Heaven help us. Just noticed on other websites how many companies are using Radio frequency Identification (RFID) protection in their bags and purses now. Can imagine how the price of Kipling's nylon bags will skyrocket if they started doing this. Yikes!

Might be worth checking out the Kipling website. I ordered a Cecely, quite a large bag originally over £90 which I got for just around £50 (Black Fri price) it's now about £65, in a glossy brown quilted effect.Very smart, ordered Fri. delivered Monday, free delivery (& return, if needed)

They've changed the description. It now says hook and loop fastening.

Gold star to Marie-Francoise and QVC.

Not needing a new Kipling bag thank you, still very happy with the one I bought from Amazon last year at a fraction of the QVC price.

P.S Maymorganlondon, you won't like the Cecely it has 2 Velco-ed compartments!

It does indeed. The main compartment is zipped but the two outer pocket have Velcro. Its a lovely bag though. I don't have many Kipling bags but have two of these. One for an overnight bag and one for my mobile office. The Velcro pockets don't bother me as its inside the pocket and not under a flap. So the Velcro doesn't get caught on your clothes.

I turned on QVC just to see the Kipling. I am baffled, as a frequent visitor to India, why Rudyard Kipling is associated with these bags. Poor Indian women shove their belongings in their bras, and better off Indian women are far too elegant to carry garishly coloured squashy bags with kids' toys hanging off them.

However, only stuck it for two minutes. DF was presenting. At one moment she raised both her arms Heavenwards. She looked like some evangelical preacher exhorting us to spend our way to salvation. I pressed the off button.

I turned on QVC just to see the Kipling. I am baffled, as a frequent visitor to India, why Rudyard Kipling is associated with these bags. Poor Indian women shove their belongings in their bras, and better off Indian women are far too elegant to carry garishly coloured squashy bags with kids' toys hanging off them.

However, only stuck it for two minutes. DF was presenting. At one moment she raised both her arms Heavenwards. She looked like some evangelical preacher exhorting us to spend our way to salvation. I pressed the off button.

I agree, he'd be better off sticking to cakes. :mysmilie_17:

I really like Kipling.

I have bought a few from QVC, but mainly I buy from the Kipling shop when they have a sale on, or I buy from Amazon.

I only have bags which have zipped closures. I think velcro looks cheap and nasty, and it picks up all sorts of rubbish so soon looks horribly scruffy. Leave it long enough and it stops sticking altogether. I don't like lose flaps and although I've a couple which giant press-stud closures, I wouldn't buy more. I don't like "dip in" pockets on the outside of a bag either. I just remember back to being young and foolish enough to go on fairground rides... and watching my bag contents make their escape. Never again!

I currently use a large Kipling tote with a shiny black base and black handles, but a dazzling beige body. Works year round, is neutral enough, and smart enough for most occasions (it's got a metal monkey not a fluffy one). If I need to be "posh" I've a couple of non-Kipling bags but I'm looking for a dressier large black Alvar. I need super-lightweight bags as I carry everything but the kitchen sink (even with periodic clear-outs it goes back up again). I've tried much smaller bags but they don't work for me for regular use. All that then happens is I end up carrying additional bags!!

I think the patterned bags are hard to wear a lot of the time. My patterned ones are all animal print of some sort, which you can get away with more than some of the others (plus they are simpler colour schemes, so fewer hideous colour clashes). The majority of the time I really dislike the patterns QVC gets exclusively.

Thanks for this. I no longer pay Q's prices after finding this site, the savings are beyond unbelievable !

I agree Brissles, I've bought in this sale, a bowling bag, three wallets and two cross body bags for less than the price of the QVC TSV, now that is a sale :happy:

Latest posts

Back