Kipling TSV 02/09/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kipling Divna Medium Double Handled Shoulder Bag with Detachable Strap
Item Number: 160106
QVC Price £69.00
Todays Special Value Price £48-£54
P&P £4.95

The Divna bag from Kipling has been designed especially for QVC customers and features a zipped, pleated front pocket, a rear pocket and two top handles as well as a cross-body strap so you can choose to wear it in different ways. Available in six artisanal prints and block colours, function truly fuses with style to bring you this practical handbag thats fabulously chic to boot!

Organisation at its finest - with a secure main zipped section, front and back zipped pockets, as well as numerous pockets of different sizes inside, it’s so easy to store your daily essentials in a way that makes them easily accessible to you, but safe when you’re out and about.

Travel away - take the Divna with you when you’re holidaying or working away from home; it’s the perfect size in which to keep your purse, make-up, travel documents and more to hand at all times.

Inside pockets: central zipped pocket, mobile phone slot, slot pocket, pen holder and keychain
Detachable, collectible Kipling monkey Keyring
Kipling branded zip pulls, front badge and inside pocket
Outer: 100% polyamide; inner: 100% polyester
Bag (h x w x d): 19.5cm x 30cm x 15cm (7.7” x 11.8” x 5.9”)
Handle drop: 25cm (9.8”)
Strap drop: 42cm – 80cm (16.5” – 31.5”)

Colour options:

Purple Rose
Aubergine Paisley
Berry Feather
Black
Blue Paisley
Brown Feather

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.160106

View attachment 12467

View attachment 12468

View attachment 12469

View attachment 12470

View attachment 12471

They made a big deal of announcing the TSV item number in the Lunchtime show, a special event ,its usually kept secret etc .

Dale played along saying he would normally face the sack for talking about tonight's TSV so this was very special and the TSV is live.

Sounds like they have a lot of stock to shift and not too confident about it.

What an ugly looking bag. The patterns remind me of the cheaper versions you see on market stalls. Very garish and cheap looking.

I agree it's really cheap looking - hideous patterns. Only one plain colou? Definitely a "special" for QVC.

I like it, but have no need of big bags now I'm retired. I'd have bought the blue one if I'd still been at work.
In fact, I recently held a 'handbag amnesty' and gave a load of my unused larger bags away to friends.

Oh fgs, not another 'made especially for QVC' offering......! :doh:

So, does this one comply with what we have come to expect from this type of TSV.....? Well let's see shall we?

1. Stupid name? Check!
2. Garish colours in (probably) blurry patterning? Check!
3. Suspiciously cheap & nasty looking? Check!
4. Ridiculously long, oversized handles so the typical QVC shopper can wear it on the shoulder over a 'big winter coat'? Check!
5. Cheap & fugly enough to put any first time Kipling purchaser off the brand for life? Check!

Yep, all present & correct! :tongue: :dull: :taphead:

And to top it all off you will have to listen to Ali K shouting over MF.

She was dreadful on the Frank Usher show earlier, I'm afraid if I'd been June I would have told her to put a sock in it.

Not to mention the bleeding monkey names grr

Ali K going on about gifting said something along the lines of 'I got you this really special bag, not available anywhere else'.........

......witty OH half just said 'I got you this really cheap looking Kipling bag, that looks nothing like any Kipling bag you've ever known'.....!

:mysmilie_17:

QVC drift further and further from reality. Why on earth would you gift someone a novelty patterned bag that costs you a lot of money, with no idea if the recipient would like or loathe the bag or the print? Polite smiles on the day and it's swiftly on eBay for those of that mind, or in the charity shop bag... or palmed off as a gift to someone else.

Why not a bag in plain colours which are easier and more flexible to wear with different outfits, and look smart enough for any type of use? At least offer more choice of plain colours.

It used to be a big deal to get Kipling bags with one or two patterns offered. Nowadays it's a big deal if you get plain. Sure as heck you can't wear your Kipling bag with the eye-burning polyester patterned garments offered on QVC... although I'm sure Debbie Flint in particular could concoct a tale of how wonderfully you could pick out one of the colours and everyone's mixing patterns... yeah, no thanks!

No price comparisons because its made for Q exclusively .

Marie Francois answered this point by trying to compare it to any other Kipling item but admitted there wasn't really anything in the range ,so she guessed at one priced around £70. Therefore in her opinion this one is good value for money...

How convenient for Q .

I'm going off Kipling bags, I'm going to go for a more structured bag now because if you put anything heavy in a Kipling, it changes the whole shape of the bag, I Just had a quick look on mute (AK so I'm glad I did) and I've got to say in my opinion, the prints are horrible. I seen on Amazon that the bags who are made for Kipling in China, are still selling them under a different name, well obviously they'd have to, no monkeys (which suits me fine) for under £15, so it's yet another case of its the name that you pay for.

I bought the last Kipling TSV & was very pleased with it but this was a 'one off'.Just switched on to see the repeat but am seriously not buying as am facing a lot of expense at the moment & that has put a No No on any frivolous spends!BUT I don't like this TSV, they have gone over the top with the purple /reds, hate the prints and in general am getting tired of the brand.
Alison is overbearing (as usual) she has to get her many uses/ suggestions in there, feel sorry for MF. Time to switch off!

Oh fgs, not another 'made especially for QVC' offering......! :doh:

So, does this one comply with what we have come to expect from this type of TSV.....? Well let's see shall we?

1. Stupid name? Check!
2. Garish colours in (probably) blurry patterning? Check!
3. Suspiciously cheap & nasty looking? Check!
4. Ridiculously long, oversized handles so the typical QVC shopper can wear it on the shoulder over a 'big winter coat'? Check!
5. Cheap & fugly enough to put any first time Kipling purchaser off the brand for life? Check!

Yep, all present & correct! :tongue: :dull: :taphead:

Yes! What on earth is wrong with these QVC "Kipling ladies" who insist on longer handles so they can fit over their Winter coats? How big are these Winter coats that they're wearing??!!

Hang your collective heads in shame!

According to CE especially made for Q means it is EXTRA well made, EXTRA pockets, EXTRA just about everything.

Latest posts

Back