Kipling presenter

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
Will someone tell that fool of a woman, when she is describing the little see-through part of a purse, it's transparent, NOT transluscent!!!
For the love of God, how stupid & boring can one person be?
She could easily put a glass eye to sleep!:angry:

Will someone tell that fool of a woman, when she is describing the little see-through part of a purse, it's transparent, NOT transluscent!!!
For the love of God, how stupid & boring can one person be?
She could easily put a glass eye to sleep!:angry:

Would the eye be transparent or translucent ?

Linda :cool2:

Switched on the kipling show, watched for five minutes and was so bored by the kipling presenter that cleaning out my kitchen cuboards was a better prospect.
She has to be the most boring guest presenter on QVC, she didnt seem a bit interested in the products. Never again.

Switched on the kipling show, watched for five minutes and was so bored by the kipling presenter that cleaning out my kitchen cuboards was a better prospect.
She has to be the most boring guest presenter on QVC, she didnt seem a bit interested in the products. Never again.

You are not wrong! I felt sorry for the presenters that had to put up with her for a full hour, yet another guest for room 101.:up:

This drives me to distraction too! Mind you, so does the constant reference to 'clear' diamonique stones when they really mean 'colourless'! They're all blimmin' clear, surely? This is a scientific fact - 'clear' does not mean the same as 'colourless' - a stone could be green and clear! Plus, when jewellers talk about diamonds - they don't say 'clear', they say 'colourless'! Drives me mad!
Here endeth the rant!

Well in actual fact, one of the definitions for translucent at dictionary.reference.com is:

3. clear; transparent:

So seems she might not be wrong after all.

Well in actual fact, one of the definitions for translucent at dictionary.reference.com is:

3. clear; transparent:

So seems she might not be wrong after all.

Well, up to a point. If I remember my science lessons of the 1980s well (and I rarely do, scoring only 36 percent at chemistry in 3rd year!) both transparent and translucent mean 'allowing light to pass through'. However, while transparent objects allow all light to pass through - translucent objects only allow diffused light to pass through ie it diffuses light. Oh Mr Grimes would be so proud!

Latest posts

Back