Kipling : leather v other materials

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We could be onto the next big recycling thing here ;)

Just imagine the possibilities and whilst we are at it our pets could join in. Our hamsters would only stretch to a small purse mind you.

There was a local project the asked for human hair to use for insulation which seemed great to use something disposed of in such large quantities. Remember that couple on tv who knitted jumpers out of their dog? It's a wierd world.

All this aside some of the synthetic materials are so good nowadays that I don't always see the need for real anyway.

Kiping : leather v other materials

It brings a whole new meaning to using an under arm bag. How about a crotch bag instead of a clutch bag?

Isn't that called a sporran? (No offence to any Scottish on the forum!)

Isn't that called a sporran? (No offence to any Scottish on the forum!)

The sporran : the original man bag!

Sporran.jpg

....waits for comments about the dangly bits.......:54:

I own three of the kipling regular canvas-type bags but have, through direct choice, steered clear of leather, as I do not purchase leather.
One question - don't beat me up for it, it's just my personal opinion - if the bag was made from human and not animal skin, how many people would buy it and feel comfortable walking around wearing it?

What an absurd question.

What an absurd question.

It's not an absurd question to someone who has very strongy helds beliefs against eating or using animal products. I personally eat meat and wear leather, but respect the fact that others find it repugnant and ask us to question our own attitudes to it.

It's not an absurd question to someone who has very strongy helds beliefs against eating or using animal products. I personally eat meat and wear leather, but respect the fact that others find it repugnant and ask us to question our own attitudes to it.

We could have thousands of debates on the lines of 'What if ...' but Kipling don't make bags with human skin and are extremely unlikely to start doing so. Consequently, I find the question absurd, in the same way as 'Would you eat Lime Tree Pantry Pies if they were full of human meat?' would be.

QUOTE=SusieJ;162528]We could have thousands of debates on the lines of 'What if ...' but Kipling don't make bags with human skin and are extremely unlikely to start doing so. Consequently, I fi.nd the question absurd, in the same way as 'Would you eat Lime Tree Pantry Pies if they were full of human meat?' would be.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on this one. I do think it a bit of a strange question but each to their own I suppose

I own three of the kipling regular canvas-type bags but have, through direct choice, steered clear of leather, as I do not purchase leather.
One question - don't beat me up for it, it's just my personal opinion - if the bag was made from human and not animal skin, how many people would buy it and feel comfortable walking around wearing it?

Loise66 dont be put off buying Kipling or any other man made product. I recently bought a KVZ bag which people on here think was overpriced at £114.00 for "cheap Plastic". I love it so dont really give a rats azz if people critise, hell its my friggin money. :64:

Loise66 dont be put off buying Kipling or any other man made product. I recently bought a KVZ bag which people on here think was overpriced at £114.00 for "cheap Plastic". I love it so dont really give a rats azz if people critise, hell its my friggin money. :64:

Er I don't believe she was put off canvas. She was just questioning the morals of those who buy leather!

Louise66 hasn't returned to the debate though....

I find it interesting that the more tolerant views in this thread seem to come from those of us who choose to eat meat and wear leather rather than those who don't.

It reminds me of some QVC presenters - JR is quite vocal about being a vegetarian but when Sara G was presenting a food show recently she just chose to eat the sweet pies rather than the meat. I think we should respect each other's views but not try to force our "morals" on others.

I don't eat meat and I don't wear leather, but I don't try to push my views on anyone else and I am supremely tolerant. Far more than I should be in most things, in fact.

No, not offended at all. I understand what you're saying and I know that it can put people off if a person is very vociferous in their views. I think it's a case of trying as much as possible to live and let live.

Latest posts

Back